The Thread about Nothing....

Also there's a really ****ing big fig tree out the back of my place, which is in fruit, and the fruit bats are fighting for territory in it already, even before the fruit has fermented. They're gonna be drunk fruitbats within a week, and I reckon I'm gonna stay downstairs and sleep on the couch for a couple of weeks. Those cnuts are NOISY. Spoke to a neighbour yesterday, and even she agreed drunk fruit bats are nearly as bad as drunk plumbers.

Jeebus, drunk fruit bats cruising youtube for music vids

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

It was worth a try. Didn't expect you would be paying such close attention.
2018 TAN Dead Pool
roshea
: Jimmy Carter, George H.W. Bush, Donald Trump (eagle eyed readers might spot a theme)
classic1 - Billy Graham, Paul Gascoigne, Sean Connery
matagi - Phil the Greek, Bob Hawke, Kirk Douglas
62vette - Betty White, Robert Mugabe, Pierre Cardin
paul - Henry Kissinger, Keith Richards, David Rockefeller
wilchemy - Vera Lynn, Clint Eastwood, Olivia Newton-John

****ing hell. Gazza is completely off the ****, fit and well. He looked like death warmed up 12 months ago. This is not good for my dead pool.

Barnaby Joyce. Hypocritical. Dishonest. Corrupt. Grub. These are some of the kinder words I come up with when I think of him, but that's not what I necessarily want to bring to your attention.

We all know his nickname, along with 'barnyard' was 'beetroot'. Not anymore. Some genius on twitter has come up with a new hashtag for him. [HASHTAG]#beetrooter[/HASHTAG].

Gold.

Last edited:
It seems the Australians have done a Bradbury in the Snowboard Cross semifinals.

I'm loving the Betoota Advocate's work lately.

Turnbull Places Yet Another Obstacle In The Way Of Young Liberals Ever Getting A Root
"The young men and women desperately attempting to please their parents by entering a life in liberal politics have been thrown a hospital pass by Turnbull today, as he announces new provisions that will likely result in them remaining virgins forever. .."

American Gun Owner Worried Government Is Going To Take His Schools Away From Him

Trump Calls For Tighter Background Checks On Nation’s High Schools

Reactions: paulambry
So I met another girl tonight again, I'm clearly forgetful, I'd met her previously exactly one week ago, and we'd clearly chatted, as I became aware of and almost remembered bits of it, as I was told it. Anyway, she's a Taswegian, but previously a Sydneysider, and tonight was her birthday.

And at one point we talked about keeping a journal, which she does, and I mentioned that I'd recently caught up with my first ever longterm girlfriend (3 months) recently after at least 20 years between face to face; and that had inspired me to pull out my bag of letters that had been written to me over the years. I mean there had been birthday cards from Grandma, but the vast majority were from exgirlfriends. And not even necessarily lovers, given my wowser upbringing.

Anyway I was clearly a fervent letter writer back in the day, and also clearly wrote from the heart, because in reading the responses to my earnest missives I found a pattern developed. I got amazing emotional and honest responses to first few letters and then resistance to what had likely been godbothering idealism, and then eventually fury towards an immature godbothering noncommittal selfish cnut idealist. It was genuinely frightening to read some of it twenty plus years later.

The point is, it would be awesome to compile the best complimentary paragraphs or phrases I received in response to that young letter writer, and reproduce them; and also the least complimentary. That's where the magic is. Some of them are amazing in their perception. But I truly was a different person then to what I am now.

So the question is- screenshots? Which include handwriting of people I've long lost contact with, or transcribed to type, with no attribution to the creator?

Anyway I was clearly a fervent letter writer back in the day, and also clearly wrote from the heart, because in reading the responses to my earnest missives I found a pattern developed. I got amazing emotional and honest responses to first few letters and then resistance to what had likely been godbothering idealism, and then eventually fury towards an immature godbothering noncommittal selfish cnut idealist.

But I bet all your letters are free from malice. You are a guileless soul Beepers – don’t be so hard on yourself.

So the question is- screenshots? Which include handwriting of people I've long lost contact with, or transcribed to type, with no attribution to the creator?

The handwriting. Definitely. No attribution.

Hmm. Look, it's not exactly tricky maths, give it a go. What is harder is trying to explain how to do it in sensible English to 18 young plumbers at 8.30pm last night after we've all had a big day. Wasn't my finest hour.

Attachments

• IMG_2648.JPG
    IMG_2648.JPG
    551.4 KB · Views: 17