2002 Giant TCR1 seatpost click - HELP!

Don R.

Guest
I'm just about to go mad! I've finally narrowed down the noise to my seatpost/seattube interface.
when i slide fore and aft on the seat it causes a constant click thats very annoying. I've tried
greasing it, i've tried not greasing it, i've put the small rubber shim thing in backwards and
forwards, i've tried tightening the binder bolts and keeping them fairly loose, i've put in a
Syncros ti post from my mtb, i've lowered the post and raised it. NOTHING works. I don't think the
2002 seat tube has a shim in it (aside from the small rubber spacer/shim thing). I did notice 2
small "bumps" inside the front of the seat tube though, one above the hole for the top tube and one
below. the one above seems to be irregular in shape where as the one below looks like it is supposed
to be there. So. Do the 2002's have an aluminum shim sleeve? Any thoughts or help would be
appreciated.

thanks. don r.

don-<< I'm just about to go mad! I've finally narrowed down the noise to my seatpost/seattube
interface.

Flex hone the seatube gently, grease the seatpost where the rails of the saddle go, a wee bit of
warmed lindseed oil into the seattube, in case it's a seatpost/BB interface noise.

i had this on my TCR3 and it just seemed to be caused by having the collar too tight

panda

"Don R." <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I'm just about to go mad! I've finally narrowed down the noise to my seatpost/seattube interface.
> when i slide fore and aft on the seat it causes a constant click thats very annoying. I've tried
> greasing it, i've tried not greasing it, i've put the small rubber shim thing in backwards and
> forwards, i've tried tightening the binder bolts and keeping them fairly loose, i've put in a
> Syncros ti post from my mtb, i've lowered the post and raised it. NOTHING works. I don't think the
> 2002 seat tube has a shim in it (aside from the small rubber spacer/shim thing). I did notice 2
> small "bumps" inside the front of the seat tube though, one above the hole for the top tube and
> one below. the one above seems to be irregular in shape where as the one below looks like it is
> supposed to be there. So. Do the 2002's have an aluminum shim sleeve? Any thoughts or help would
> be appreciated.
>
> thanks. don r.

I think this is caused by the sleeve that is inserted to make the seat tube the proper size for the
post being loose enough to wiggle (not completely welded in) and thus "click" I would suggest that
you take it back to the dealer and have then call Giant warranty.