Alberto Contador, miracle yellow jersey of Operation Puerto!

No more grammar criticisms, if you please, Timmy. I'm the pedant around here.

Tim Lamkin said:
No worry on the insult, it didn't, and you do not have that ability or competence to do so...and give me the post number where I used the word garbage.....as far as boring you I completely understand.

Tim you asked about Discovery but you didn't like the answer, this is the way I read it. i used very basic facts to show that USPS/DC have often practiced underhand cycling. If I was more knowledgeable I am sure that I could have presented a much stronger case against this team and their members.

At the end of the day my Tour(as a fan) was ruined because of doping and for this I look towards everyone in pro cycling as even the innocent are to blame ... stand up and start complaining, make allegations, grass up your competitors and try to make this thing disappear.

All that i wished today was that a cycling protest did occur on the Champs did occur, I would have loved to have seen every team bar Discovery quit in protest but no nothing like that happened and within a few weeks all will be forgotten and the teams will go back to their corrupt training methods for the next Grand Tour.

Yes have you stars, be a fan but don't try to convince people of something that clearly isn't true.

Yes have you stars, be a fan but don't try to convince people of something that clearly isn't true.
What is funny, nowhere have I stated who I like.....YOU read into my psots what you wanted. :rolleyes:

At the end of the day my Tour(as a fan) was ruined because of doping
We agree on this, the sport I love is being consumed by doping, and it does need to change real soon or the sport will go away because of.....the lack of dollars.

Tim Lamkin said:
What is funny, nowhere have I stated who I like.....YOU read into my psots what you wanted. :rolleyes:

We agree on this, the sport I love is being consumed by doping, and it does need to change real soon or the sport will go away because of.....the lack of dollars.

psots???????????????

Tim and i didnt say who you are supposed to be a fan of but i am sure there is one. What I said is that it seems you are trying to convince me of something which especially in today's climate there is just no way that I could believe.

Discovery and USPS are tainted by riders such as Hamilton, Landis, Basso and more. Also the more doping is proven as endemic the guilt by association grows for all teams and winners both past and present.

limerickman said:
Fair.

Not fare.
I did that on purpose, after all we have been going back and forth with....You were not the one that was to catch it...Hence the ..haha
:rolleyes:

Oh and the riding this year in the Tour from Contador and Rasmussen was out of this world, so if one is guilty then in my mind so must the other be especially if the current guilty party is an aged experienced climbing master.

plectrum said:
Tim and i didnt say who you are supposed to be a fan of but i am sure there is one. What I said is that it seems you are trying to convince me of something which especially in today's climate there is just no way that I could believe.

Discovery and USPS are tainted by riders such as Hamilton, Landis, Basso and more. Also the more doping is proven as endemic the guilt by association grows for all teams and winners both past and present.

In reality are there any teams out there ...right now ....that have not hired from the same pool Disco has.

Tim Lamkin said:
In reality are there any teams out there ...right now ....that have not hired from the same pool Disco has.
Team Slipstream ;)

I would commend T Mobile though this year, that team has one of the most scarred histories but are now firmly making a strong effort to control their cyclists. The failing of Patrick Sinkewitz for Testos was a great step forward. The only downside is that by giving teams carte blanche to perform internal testing it does by definition allow teams also to monitor any internal doping programs that may have ongoing.

plectrum said:
Team Slipstream ;)

I would commend T Mobile though this year, that team has one of the most scarred histories but are now firmly making a strong effort to control their cyclists. The failing of Patrick Sinkewitz for Testos was a great step forward. The only downside is that by giving teams carte blanche to perform internal testing it does by definition allow teams also to monitor any internal doping programs that may have ongoing.
Jonathan Vaughters talked alot of sense about Team Slipstream on Eurosport. Alot of teams are buying into the idea of taking pressure off the riders to get results, it isn't possible in a sport like cycling to guarantee results. Unless you listen to Armstrongs waffle today.

All 23 of Slipstream/Chipotle's athletes are voluntarily participating in the program which will test the athletes over 1200 times during 2007. This is more than 20 times the number of tests that most professional cyclists are subject to annually through its governing body, Union Cycliste International.

The testing program will be comprised of both blood and urine sampling and will focus on "bio-markers" as opposed to traditional, direct element testing. This type of testing looks for potentially illegal performance enhancing metabolic variances in the riders' test results, as opposed trying to find specific substances. By adopting this innovative testing regimen, Slipstream Sports’ intention is to simply prevent any rider who could be doping from competing.

The goal of this intense testing and scrutiny of Slipstream/Chipotle's athletes is threefold:

1. To protect each rider's health

2. To ensure that no matter what pressures exist, the implicit and explicit message given to the riders from staff and sponsors is always consistent: “DO NOT DOPE”

3. To protect the core integrity and mission of Slipstream Sports LLC and to protect the image of current and future partners.

Vaughters states, “I would like to make it clear that this program is in addition to the testing WADA already performs, not in place of it.

GOOD LUCK VAUGHTERS, GOOD LUCK SLIPSTREAM

plectrum said:
All 23 of Slipstream/Chipotle's athletes are voluntarily participating in the program which will test the athletes over 1200 times during 2007. This is more than 20 times the number of tests that most professional cyclists are subject to annually through its governing body, Union Cycliste International.

The testing program will be comprised of both blood and urine sampling and will focus on "bio-markers" as opposed to traditional, direct element testing. This type of testing looks for potentially illegal performance enhancing metabolic variances in the riders' test results, as opposed trying to find specific substances. By adopting this innovative testing regimen, Slipstream Sports’ intention is to simply prevent any rider who could be doping from competing.

The goal of this intense testing and scrutiny of Slipstream/Chipotle's athletes is threefold:

2. To ensure that no matter what pressures exist, the implicit and explicit message given to the riders from staff and sponsors is always consistent: “DO NOT DOPE”

3. To protect the core integrity and mission of Slipstream Sports LLC and to protect the image of current and future partners.

Vaughters states, “I would like to make it clear that this program is in addition to the testing WADA already performs, not in place of it.

Amen! Doctor.House would disagree, and probably will soon, but I truly believe that Vaughters is trying to do what really needs to be done. I will be buying some Slipstream socks, because hey, argyle is cool for the office and training.

plectrum said:

This can and will work better then anything we have right now