AMB-ID '05 Campsite Proposal Location and Date

small change wrote
>> I just learned my kids will already be in school the first week of
>> August. That might just get me up to Idaho w/o them (and the added
>> responsibility of entertaining them).
>>
>> I wish they were older so they could ride. I suppose it will be here
>> soon enough!
>>
>> Gary

> Gary, you pay the girls to babysit while you ride...

I guess I should clarify further - the responsibility of entertaining also
includes entertaining my wife as she doesn't ride either.

Which girls would be babysitting? I though all that were going on this trip
would be riding as well.

Gary

You can get very remote very fast, so not to worry. Look on the cover
of last mo's BIKE for the Imperial Gulch trail. You're waaaay out
there. About a 3rd of us would bring non-riding S.O.'s and kids on
prior trips. Gab's S.O. was a whole lot of fun, and pitched in to help
a lot too. That worked great with the lakeside cabin, but thanks to
the State of Idaho, we lost the cabin when the 30yr lease ran out.
However, while we're riding, there is lots for non-riders to do around
there. Redfish Lake, Stanley Lake, Sun Valley, lots of hiking,
swimming, rafting, even climbing, (and shopping, etc., in Hailey.)
Talked to Adam today who plan's to bring his ski boat up to Redfish
Lake. Now that's gonna be fun.

CDB

Paladin wrote:
> You can get very remote very fast, so not to worry. Look on the cover
> of last mo's BIKE for the Imperial Gulch trail. You're waaaay out
> there. About a 3rd of us would bring non-riding S.O.'s and kids on
> prior trips. Gab's S.O. was a whole lot of fun, and pitched in to
> help a lot too. That worked great with the lakeside cabin, but
> thanks to the State of Idaho, we lost the cabin when the 30yr lease
> ran out. However, while we're riding, there is lots for non-riders to
> do around there. Redfish Lake, Stanley Lake, Sun Valley, lots of
> hiking, swimming, rafting, even climbing, (and shopping, etc., in
> Hailey.) Talked to Adam today who plan's to bring his ski boat up to
> Redfish Lake. Now that's gonna be fun.
>
> CDB

Oh ****, now I have to pack my water ski, too? The lil' Subaru is gonna be
packed!

Gary (I'm not towing my boat all the way to Idaho............:)

small change wrote:
> GeeDubb wrote:
>> small change wrote

>>> Gary, you pay the girls to babysit while you ride...

>> I guess I should clarify further - the responsibility of entertaining
>> also includes entertaining my wife as she doesn't ride either.
>>
>> Which girls would be babysitting? I though all that were going on
>> this trip would be riding as well.
>>
>> Gary

> There have been older kids along in the past. That's who I had in
> mind, but I s'pose you should check with the parents first. ;-)
>
> You couldn't escape for just a few hours of riding? It's not like we
> are gone all day. Oh, wait. Oops. Never mind. Sometimes we are. But
> they should let you out to play once in while. We do have non riders
> around, I couldn't who for sure but in the past CDB's wife, Dirt
> Dart's wife, assorted kids of various ages, Mr. Gabrielle and other
> non riders are around.
>
> I know easy for me to talk. My kids are teens now. But- even when
> they were little I always let Mr. Adventure out to play, and he me.
> To each their own.
>
> penny

It sounds like I'm complaining but I'm not. My wife gives me more freedom
than most do for the SO's. She loves to hike and does ride some but has a
horrible depth perception problem that results in more hike-a-bike than
riding (and a horrible sense of direction). She tries to do everything
(she's actually a decent water/snow skier) but gets really frustrated that
she isn't able to do what she's trying to do at the moment. I think she'll
be happy just being away from the city as long as she is in company of those
that can handle the more difficult parts of the outdoors (like keeping her
from getting lost.........)

I've already told her we're going.........

Gary

GeeDubb wrote:

> I've already told her we're going.........
>
> Gary

Oh yeh, that works. I told my SO we're moving to a warmer climate. She
told me you can visit the kids whenever you want. ;)

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws

GeeDubb wrote:
> Paladin wrote:
>> You can get very remote very fast, so not to worry. Look on the
>> cover of last mo's BIKE for the Imperial Gulch trail. You're waaaay
>> out there. About a 3rd of us would bring non-riding S.O.'s and kids
>> on prior trips. Gab's S.O. was a whole lot of fun, and pitched in to
>> help a lot too. That worked great with the lakeside cabin, but
>> thanks to the State of Idaho, we lost the cabin when the 30yr lease
>> ran out. However, while we're riding, there is lots for non-riders to
>> do around there. Redfish Lake, Stanley Lake, Sun Valley, lots of
>> hiking, swimming, rafting, even climbing, (and shopping, etc., in
>> Hailey.) Talked to Adam today who plan's to bring his ski boat up to
>> Redfish Lake. Now that's gonna be fun.
>>
>> CDB

> Oh ****, now I have to pack my water ski, too? The lil' Subaru is
> gonna be packed!

I made the mistake of trying to water ski a few years ago. My right
shoulder was already chronically f-ed (actual medical term), so I
compensated by tweaking my LEFT shoulder! (For a while, I literally "threw
like a girl" with my noodly left arm; it's better now, but the Padres ain't
inviting me to spring training any time soon.)

Then I took my worst mtb fall (so far), and totally ripped my right rotator
cuff. Eventual surgery, 6 weeks off bike, etc. etc.

IOW, I'll drive the boat, I'll RIDE in the boat, but ain't no one gonna talk
me into gettin' DRAGGED by dat boat!

Bill "considering LONG road trip" S.

On Thu, 03 Feb 2005 16:20:02 GMT, Bill Sornson wrote:

> IOW, I'll drive the boat, I'll RIDE in the boat, but ain't no one gonna talk
> me into gettin' DRAGGED by dat boat!

"Though my mind is quite flexible, these brittle bones won't bend." -
Jimmy Buffett, "I'm Growing Older But Not Up"

Yes, I can relate.

--
-BB-
To e-mail me, unmunge my address

Ride-A-Lot" <"mitchel[nospam] wrote:
> GeeDubb wrote:
>

>> I've already told her we're going.........
>>
>> Gary
>>

> Oh yeh, that works. I told my SO we're moving to a warmer climate. She
> told me you can visit the kids whenever you want. ;)

Actually if it gets her away from her job of managing 30+ babies then she'd
jump at the chance. She's crapped in the woods a plenty and often talks
about drip drying (guess it's hard to shake it!). She loves the outdoors
and continually talks about getting a tent trailer or small travel trailer
to have a bed to sleep in (the air mattreses have gotten bett so she's
backing off a bit).....that's great but it's more responsibility for me
making sure it's ready, towing it, etc.

Now if I told her we were moving to Philly she'd come back with the same
response as your wife.

Gary

Bill Sornson wrote:
> GeeDubb wrote:
>> Paladin wrote:
>>> You can get very remote very fast, so not to worry. Look on the
>>> cover of last mo's BIKE for the Imperial Gulch trail. You're waaaay
>>> out there. About a 3rd of us would bring non-riding S.O.'s and kids
>>> on prior trips. Gab's S.O. was a whole lot of fun, and pitched in
>>> to help a lot too. That worked great with the lakeside cabin, but
>>> thanks to the State of Idaho, we lost the cabin when the 30yr lease
>>> ran out. However, while we're riding, there is lots for non-riders
>>> to do around there. Redfish Lake, Stanley Lake, Sun Valley, lots of
>>> hiking, swimming, rafting, even climbing, (and shopping, etc., in
>>> Hailey.) Talked to Adam today who plan's to bring his ski boat up to
>>> Redfish Lake. Now that's gonna be fun.
>>>
>>> CDB

>> Oh ****, now I have to pack my water ski, too? The lil' Subaru is
>> gonna be packed!

> I made the mistake of trying to water ski a few years ago. My right
> shoulder was already chronically f-ed (actual medical term), so I
> compensated by tweaking my LEFT shoulder! (For a while, I literally
> "threw like a girl" with my noodly left arm; it's better now, but the
> Padres ain't inviting me to spring training any time soon.)
>
> Then I took my worst mtb fall (so far), and totally ripped my right
> rotator cuff. Eventual surgery, 6 weeks off bike, etc. etc.
>
> IOW, I'll drive the boat, I'll RIDE in the boat, but ain't no one
> gonna talk me into gettin' DRAGGED by dat boat!
>
> Bill "considering LONG road trip" S.

I understand. I messed up my back water skiing and it's never been the
same. I can't sleep flat or I wake up in tons of pain. I even bought one
of those sleep number things that didn't improve anything. I sleep in my
Lazyboy recliner now and feel much better. So having said all that......I
still water ski every now and then. The first pull of the season is the
worst....two days later.

If I'm not driving the boat, I'm drinking beer.....HIT IT!

Gary

On Wed, 02 Feb 2005 19:35:59 -0800, Paladin wrote:

> Gab's S.O. was a whole lot of fun, and pitched in to help
> a lot too.

I read that as "Gab 3.0" and was wondering if I was actually a clone and
everyone knew it but me. I gotta lay off the sauce, I guess.

> Redfish Lake, Stanley Lake, Sun Valley, lots of hiking,
> swimming, rafting, even climbing, (and shopping, etc., in Hailey.)
> Talked to Adam today who plan's to bring his ski boat up to Redfish
> Lake. Now that's gonna be fun.

It's shaping up to be a mighty interesting gig this year. :) Are you
going to cook pancakes again? :d

gabrielle

"gabrielle" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:p[email protected]...
> On Wed, 02 Feb 2005 19:35:59 -0800, Paladin wrote:
>
>> Gab's S.O. was a whole lot of fun, and pitched in to help
>> a lot too.

> I read that as "Gab 3.0" and was wondering if I was actually a clone and
> everyone knew it but me. I gotta lay off the sauce, I guess.
>
>> Redfish Lake, Stanley Lake, Sun Valley, lots of hiking,
>> swimming, rafting, even climbing, (and shopping, etc., in Hailey.)
>> Talked to Adam today who plan's to bring his ski boat up to Redfish
>> Lake. Now that's gonna be fun.

> It's shaping up to be a mighty interesting gig this year. :) Are you
> going to cook pancakes again? :d
>
> gabrielle

Only if you bring Gab 4.0 heheh. Camp cooking's gonna be awesome, and
there's a famous little sourdough joint in Stanley for Sunday morning. I'm
gonna take a drive up there in the next week or two to see if the campground
on the river is as cool as I'm hoping it is. Then I'll probably get 2 spots
for Thurs nt, and 3 for Fri & Sat, that way if not enough show up, I won't
be left holding a very big bag.

CDB

Paladin wrote:
> "gabrielle" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:p[email protected]...
>> On Wed, 02 Feb 2005 19:35:59 -0800, Paladin wrote:
>>
>>> Gab's S.O. was a whole lot of fun, and pitched in to help
>>> a lot too.

>> I read that as "Gab 3.0" and was wondering if I was actually a clone
>> and everyone knew it but me. I gotta lay off the sauce, I guess.
>>
>>> Redfish Lake, Stanley Lake, Sun Valley, lots of hiking,
>>> swimming, rafting, even climbing, (and shopping, etc., in Hailey.)
>>> Talked to Adam today who plan's to bring his ski boat up to Redfish
>>> Lake. Now that's gonna be fun.

>> It's shaping up to be a mighty interesting gig this year. :) Are you
>> going to cook pancakes again? :d
>>
>> gabrielle

> Only if you bring Gab 4.0 heheh. Camp cooking's gonna be awesome,
> and there's a famous little sourdough joint in Stanley for Sunday
> morning.

Can you say Dutch Oven? Forget going out for breakfast.....
Don't forget your lawn chairs.

small change wrote:
> Paladin wrote:
> > "gabrielle" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:p[email protected]...

> >> I read that as "Gab 3.0" and was wondering if I was actually a

clone
> >> and everyone knew it but me. I gotta lay off the sauce, I guess.

Hailey.)

Redfish

> >> It's shaping up to be a mighty interesting gig this year. :) Are

you
> >> going to cook pancakes again? :d
> >>
> >> gabrielle

> > Only if you bring Gab 4.0 heheh. Camp cooking's gonna be

awesome,
> > and there's a famous little sourdough joint in Stanley for Sunday
> > morning.

> Can you say Dutch Oven? Forget going out for breakfast.....
> Don't forget your lawn chairs.

I'm all over that. My thought was that if things go well, by Sunday we
might feel like being waited on. A bath in the river to kill some
fish, some coffee and hop in the rigs- either 30 minutes to Stanley or
15 to SV.

I'm gonna get a camp waffle iron, you folks'll be amazed at what the
ole coot can do with waffles...

CDB

On Fri, 04 Feb 2005 12:06:50 -0800, Paladin wrote:

<slightly rearranged>
> My thought was that if things go well, by Sunday we
> might feel like being waited on.

> small change wrote:
>> Can you say Dutch Oven? Forget going out for breakfast.....
>> Don't forget your lawn chairs.

> back to Paladin:
> I'm gonna get a camp waffle iron, you folks'll be amazed at what the
> ole coot can do with waffles...

So, I'm unclear as to why I need to go somewhere else to get waited on. ;)

I'll come just for the waffles. You might convince me to ride.

gabrielle

gabrielle wrote:
> On Fri, 04 Feb 2005 12:06:50 -0800, Paladin wrote:
>
> <slightly rearranged>
> > My thought was that if things go well, by Sunday we
> > might feel like being waited on.

> > small change wrote:
> >> Can you say Dutch Oven? Forget going out for breakfast.....
> >> Don't forget your lawn chairs.

> > back to Paladin:
> > I'm gonna get a camp waffle iron, you folks'll be amazed at what

the
> > ole coot can do with waffles...

> So, I'm unclear as to why I need to go somewhere else to get waited

on. ;)

> I'll come just for the waffles. You might convince me to ride.
>
> gabrielle

OK, let me start over. There's a popular cafe in Stanley that makes
great sourdough pancakes. It's a fun change of pace to sit down
indoors and be waited on if you've ridden hard for 3 days, slept
outside, showered by dunking yourself in an ice-cold glacier fed river,
etc. But hey, my camp pancakes and waffles cooked and served out of
doors aren't too shabby either.

CDB

On 5 Feb 2005 17:17:56 -0800, Paladin <[email protected]> wrote:

> gabrielle wrote:
>> On Fri, 04 Feb 2005 12:06:50 -0800, Paladin wrote:
>>
>> <slightly rearranged>
>> > My thought was that if things go well, by Sunday we
>> > might feel like being waited on.

>> > back to Paladin:
>> > I'm gonna get a camp waffle iron, you folks'll be amazed at what

> the
>> > ole coot can do with waffles...

>> So, I'm unclear as to why I need to go somewhere else to get waited

> on. ;)
>>
>> I'll come just for the waffles. You might convince me to ride.
>>
>> gabrielle

> OK, let me start over. There's a popular cafe in Stanley that makes
> great sourdough pancakes. It's a fun change of pace to sit down
> indoors and be waited on if you've ridden hard for 3 days, slept
> outside, showered by dunking yourself in an ice-cold glacier fed river,
> etc. But hey, my camp pancakes and waffles cooked and served out of
> doors aren't too shabby either.
>
> CDB

I'm all about the Kneadery in Ketchum too! Get there early tho...it's popular...