Another speeding idiot

Jon is Away! wondered:
> What are the odds that the lorry in question was doing 50 and he had to
> do "just over" 50 to overtake it. 50mph limits usually seem to be in
> areas of pretty poor visibility, what the hell was he doing trying to
> overtake anyway?

If the lorry was a big'un then it would have been legally restricted to
40mph on a single carriageway road anyway. Surely you're not suggesting
that the driver of an HGV might have been speeding ;-)

On 28 Dec 2004 13:11:12 GMT someone who may be
[email protected]omcom (dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers) wrote
this:-

>He's an utter tosspot and if he were my councillor I'd be writing to
>him to tell him why I won't be voting for him...

Indeed. From a representative of the self-styled "party of law and
order" the whining is particularly amusing.

>"I am not sure I think the points are reasonable in the
>circumstances," he said.

No doubt he takes a similar view of the excuses made by other
criminals.

prevents me by using the RIP Act 2000.

On Tue, 28 Dec 2004 10:27:20 +0000,
Zog The Undeniable <[email protected]> wrote:
> http://www.thisiswiltshire.co.uk/wiltshire/swindon/news/SWINDON_NEWS13.html
>
> Sounds like he was at fault for the accident that crippled him, too.
> Can't these people just be deported or something?

Might not get disqualified (yet) - This from uk.legal.moderated

Subject: Dangerous Driving Query

<snip>

The driver is already on 12 points for a number of speeding offences and
has already used the "exceptional circumstances" (disabled dependant
relative) defence to avoid disqualification.

The driver was involved in an accident about which they cannot say what
happened other than that they "suddenly became aware of lights coming
towards them". An independant witness (driving behind the charged
driver) says that the charged driver was driving on the wrong side of
the road. The charged driver is completely familiar with the layout of
the road on which the accident occurred.

<snip>

Tim.

and there was light.