Armstrong gets rid of Catlin

Leafer said:
So since it ain't true until the UCI says it is, I guess you must still think them all clean, confessions notwithstanding. And it must be weird being the only cycling fan on earth who still believes that Pantani was clean, since you're still waiting for the the UCI to tell you whether or not he was doping.

Leafer, you must be the most dyslexic of the lot. I am a cyclist, but I am not fan of any sport and what part of "I do not care" don't you understand? Also, the UCI does not determine truth, that's the job of good parents.

Leafer said:
So sorry for getting a bit personal, but I find people who refuse to think for themselves and who are unwilling to accept the blatantly obvious just because they don't like what is blatantly obvious a bit silly.....
You'd be amazed at what there is to see when the fanboy goggles come off.

No you are not sorry, but it is okay because there is something quaint about being called "silly". So now we've come to the real issue. You, along with your buddies want me to believe what you believe because you think that I have a dog in this fight. I should have sensed a little religious extremism earlier than now.

You cannot stand the thought that you have not converted me to the Secret Society. Sorry, must have something to do with my having hookworms as a child. I do think for myself and I choose not to care about who does and who does not take performance enhancing drugs, unless said person is a minor. I also don't care if Britney's breasts are real, why they dropped Rosie from The View, in which month Rahmadan falls, or if O.J. did it, though the tabloids sure want me to care about all of those big issues, just like you want me to care about yours. I just don't care. These are not important issues to me.

Reread IH8LANCE's post. He, like me, realizes that your point is pointless. Why don't you flame him? Why do you care so passionately about something that you cannot change or do anything about? And by the way, unlike IH8LANCE, I will not call you "****-for-brains", but it has crossed my mind a few times. And though I am not a fan of anyone or any team, I applaud heroic efforts like Andy in the Giro. Please don't tell me he was doping during the Giro.

oh!-man said:
This is my first post...
As we learned in The Dark Knight there is an element in our society that just wants to watch the world burn.
You have to admit, this kinda a bizarre statement. I mean, you realize it was a movie, right? Like, not a documentary. That stuff with the Batmobile and that guy with half his face missing... none of that really happened. You know that, right?

Batman... he's not real. The Joker... not a real person. Armstrong... not a clean rider.

helmutRoole2 said:
You have to admit, this kinda a bizarre statement. I mean, you realize it was a movie, right? Like, not a documentary. That stuff with the Batmobile and that guy with half his face missing... none of that really happened. You know that, right?

Batman... he's not real. The Joker... not a real person.

Helmut, in about 8th grade we all learned that truth is best expressed in fiction. This is why the Buddha, Jesus and prophets of every tradition told stories, parables. Issues that transcend human experience or knowledge can be better grasped and remembered if framed in a story. And I do believe that The Dark Knight had elements of a powerful morality play. Consider who its main audience is, teenage boys.

That Alfred the butler (who also does not exist) said it, or you, it is still an age old truth, there are people who just want to watch the world burn.

oh!-man said:
Helmut, in about 8th grade we all learned that truth is best expressed in fiction. This is why the Buddha, Jesus and prophets of every tradition told stories, parables. Issues that transcend human experience or knowledge can be better grasped and remembered if framed in a story. And I do believe that The Dark Knight had elements of a powerful morality play. Consider who its main audience is, teenage boys.

That Alfred the butler (who also does not exist) said it, or you, it is still an age old truth, there are people who just want to watch the world burn.
So you're a teenage boy... that explains a few things.

Sorry. Couldn't' resist.

No, but I have a teenage son and I am intensely interested in his world view. For this reason he and I often discuss this movie as an allegory.

oh!-man said:
Frankly, until someone proves that Armstrong cheats in cycling, then this whole argument is fodder for simpletons.
I'd like to remind you that this is how you started off, o-m - right from the bat, there is no "proof", people who don't agree with that are "simpletons" who argue about nothing. (I will agree with you on one thing: "silly" really is quaint by way of comparison.) No "in my opinion", no qualification whatsoever, just a statement of fact that if you disagree with my view, you are a "simpleton". Nice start.

So I will reiterate what prompted me to respond in the first place, what ****** me off right from the beginning, what I've been saying all along, and to which you have yet to respond: that there is proof, in the form of a mountain of accumulated evidence, which is all that "proof" is and will ever be, and that we "simpletons" have concluded from said evidence that there is more than enough of it that only one logical conclusion results.

I really, really don't care what you believe or about trying to "convert" you - I do think, at this point, anyone who believes that LA was clean is fooling themselves, I won't deny that. But if you want to post on a public forum that people who don't believe what you believe are "simpletons" arguing about nothing, then maybe you shouldn't be too surprised if people take a bit of offense, and not be surprised when they respond with the same level of "respect".

And don't you think that "religious extremist" is a far more appropriate label for those who continue to believe something to be true despite all evidence to the contrary? An alternative term is "denial", which I think fits just as well.

oh!-man said:
Leafer, you must be the most dyslexic of the lot. I am a cyclist, but I am not fan of any sport and what part of "I do not care" don't you understand? Also, the UCI does not determine truth, that's the job of good parents.

No you are not sorry, but it is okay because there is something quaint about being called "silly". So now we've come to the real issue. You, along with your buddies want me to believe what you believe because you think that I have a dog in this fight. I should have sensed a little religious extremism earlier than now.

You cannot stand the thought that you have not converted me to the Secret Society. Sorry, must have something to do with my having hookworms as a child. I do think for myself and I choose not to care about who does and who does not take performance enhancing drugs, unless said person is a minor. I also don't care if Britney's breasts are real, why they dropped Rosie from The View, in which month Rahmadan falls, or if O.J. did it, though the tabloids sure want me to care about all of those big issues, just like you want me to care about yours. I just don't care. These are not important issues to me.

Reread IH8LANCE's post. He, like me, realizes that your point is pointless. Why don't you flame him? Why do you care so passionately about something that you cannot change or do anything about? And by the way, unlike IH8LANCE, I will not call you "****-for-brains", but it has crossed my mind a few times. And though I am not a fan of anyone or any team, I applaud heroic efforts like Andy in the Giro. Please don't tell me he was doping during the Giro.
I think that kind of passive-agressive behavior is why people get in your ****. Are you a male nurse?

Leafer said:
I'd like to remind you that this is how you started off.... No "in my opinion", no qualification whatsoever, just a statement of fact that if you disagree with my view, you are a "simpleton". Nice start.

You needn't remind me, I read every word of every post in this thread more than once. As far as my leaving out the "in my opinion" I thought that that was obvious being as I was writing, but in the future I will include it so that no one is confused about who's opinion the statement reflects.

So Leafer, what do you call people that get all inflamed about some issue that they cannot do one thing about and is basically not very important when you look at the problems facing our nation and our world? Simple people concern themselves with simple issues, it's not a secret. People magazine, and practically all TV programs depend upon it.

Leafer said:
And don't you think that "religious extremist" is a far more appropriate label for those who continue to believe something to be true despite all evidence to the contrary? An alternative term is "denial", which I think fits just as well.

Well Leafer, you seem to know me pretty well. What is it that I believe? Have I once in any of these posts stated that I do or don't believe something? When responding to Andy I stated that I did not know. And I don't. I didn't read all of that stuff when it came out, and years later you guys are still going on about it. When you talk of the mountain of "evidence" against Lance, are you certain that I read the articles about the case against Lance? No, you aren't. I didn't read any of it because I didn't care about it, and nothing has changed.

So now you want me to believe something to be true that I only have cursory knowledge of and no interest in. Why? Is it because you believe? Leafer, please believe me when I tell you that I don't care.

IH8LANCE said:
In the court of public opinion, Armstrong can easily be convicted of anything, because the only burden of proof is your opinion.

In a legal sense, however, because of pesky complexities like due process, chain of custody, and the dubious nature of hearsay evidence -- most of which you ****-for-brains are too stupid to understand, he's a 7-time TDF champion and always will be.

It's a pleasure to drop in here occasionally and watch the gnashing of teeth.

Carry on, and have a nice day.

This is my favorite post of this thread. This guy is smart, decisive and confrontational and after he called all of you "****-for-brains" you did nothing. Why is that? I called some of you simpletons and I've experienced an absolute ****-storm since. Why is that?

oh!-man said:
This is my favorite post of this thread. This guy is smart, decisive and confrontational and after he called all of you "****-for-brains" you did nothing. Why is that? I called some of you simpletons and I've experienced an absolute ****-storm since. Why is that?
You're new, the other guy is part of the furniture here, i.e., mostly ignored.

Use your ****ing pea-brains. Armstrong doped, just like all the others. If you want to continue to believe in the myth, feel free. But you may as well believe that gravity is a myth and that the earth is a few thousand years old. In other words, if you can't put reach the logical conclusion that Armstrong doped, then you're a fool. A fool who refuses to admit his folly, at that.

Someday soon, when Tom Danielson finally stops trying to pedal a bike without dope, maybe he'll write a tell-all. Since he first threw a leg over a mountain bike, his career has been damaged beyond repair by his handlers.

jimmypop said:
Someday soon, when Tom Danielson finally stops trying to pedal a bike without dope, maybe he'll write a tell-all. Since he first threw a leg over a mountain bike, his career has been damaged beyond repair by his handlers.
Switch of topic here, but I would really like to know what happened with TommyD. I have always wondered whether it is mental weakness, physicial fragility, or unwillingness to dope that has prevented him from taking advantage of his obvious potential. I expected that last year, away from Disco, he would finally get his **** together, but he was even worse than the year before.

Bro Deal said:
Switch of topic here, but I would really like to know what happened with TommyD. I have always wondered whether it is mental weakness, physicial fragility, or unwillingness to dope that has prevented him from taking advantage of his obvious potential. I expected that last year, away from Disco, he would finally get his **** together, but he was even worse than the year before.
Just look at who coached the guy when he was in college. TD was having his blood spun back in those days, and I'm sure he moved on to bigger and better with Disco. He and Armstrong certainly aren't fast friends these days.

But, his marriage dissolved about the same time he stopped being a hot prospect, and I wonder if he stopped doping at about the same time. He's carried a lot on his shoulders over the years, and I'd like to see him fess up and name some names. Unfortunately, his life is cycling, and his only prospect for a decent paycheck is as a rider or a DS, so I don't expect him to sing unless he really has a change of heart.

oh!-man said:
What a moron. Now I know who IH8LANCE was referring to.
I don't know, maybe it was a typo.

Head on back to DPF, you knob gobbler. How do you even find time to take the Lance **** out of your mouth to post on forums, anyway?

I love this place, because it's forgotten and it's no-holds-barred. I can only hope that your fork blades snap on a steep downhill.

jimmypop said:
But, his marriage dissolved about the same time he stopped being a hot prospect, and I wonder if he stopped doping at about the same time. He's carried a lot on his shoulders over the years, and I'd like to see him fess up and name some names. Unfortunately, his life is cycling, and his only prospect for a decent paycheck is as a rider or a DS, so I don't expect him to sing unless he really has a change of heart.
I thought he had a college degree. I don't see why he could not completely switch professions (and then name names. :))

Jimmy, it must be painful to be so stupid, but I suppose that you get asked that quite a bit. All of us here on CF pity you and hope that you find the help that you need.

[This here is a life lesson. When you're down, there is always someone worse off, e.g., an autistic person, a quadriplegic, Jimmypop. It picks my spirits up just knowing that that moron is around.]

oh!-man said:
Jimmy, it must be painful to be so stupid, but I suppose that you get asked that quite a bit. All of us here on CF pity you and hope that you find the help that you need.

[This here is a life lesson. When you're down, there is always someone worse off, e.g., an autistic person, a quadriplegic, Jimmypop. It picks my spirits up just knowing that that moron is around.]
No sir. Stupid is believing that Lance didn't dope because the UCI never caught him.

biker jk said:
No sir. Stupid is believing that Lance didn't dope because the UCI never caught him.

But they did catch him for corticosteroids - that's what the TUE fiasco was all about in 1999. It was only after HV gave a leave pass that all bets were off.

Anyway, I'm sure he'll do well this year. Those who believe in miracles will be rapt, those who don't will not.