Birdy warehouse fire

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by cfsmtb, Jan 9, 2006.

  1. cfsmtb

    cfsmtb New Member

    Joined:
    Apr 11, 2003
    Messages:
    4,963
    Likes Received:
    0
    Saw this on the BFA list. Sincerely hope Birdy are back up & trading soon. :(

    http://www.birdy.com.au/news.htm02 Jan 2006:

    At 4am on 2 Jan, a massive fire completely destroyed the warehouse facilities of Birdy Imports in Botany, Sydney. [see photo]
    http://www.birdy.com.au/images/home/Fire1.jpg

    Over 100 fire fighters were on-site but could do little to put out the fire. They could only ensure that it did not spread. The entire 9300 sq metre building and all its contents were destroyed. The outsourced warehouse contained the stock of several different companies in addition to Birdy.

    All stock associated with Birdy in Australia was destroyed although there are a few items available from our offices (at a different location).

    We are working closely with our manufacturer to either (a) bring our next planned shipment forward as much as possible or (b) to obtain an emergency shipment of stock.

    However the fire will obviously impact the supply of Birdys and parts in Australia for a short period until things settle down.

    Please bear with us during this time. If you are after a particular model, please contact us as we will have a good idea which retailers may have models in stock.
     
    Tags:


  2. gplama

    gplama Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    May 16, 2004
    Messages:
    7,817
    Likes Received:
    189
    that sucks... pity it wasn't a 'bent factory.. oh wait, they are all homemade right?


    cheers,
    GPL
     
  3. flyingdutch

    flyingdutch New Member

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2004
    Messages:
    5,700
    Likes Received:
    0
    were you beat up by a 'bent as a child or summat?
    icked sand in yer face...

    Ooooh. I know. How to upset a Lama?
    Easy. Pass him :D:D:D
     
  4. cfsmtb

    cfsmtb New Member

    Joined:
    Apr 11, 2003
    Messages:
    4,963
    Likes Received:
    0

    ME - OOOW! Commence those sledging tactics early!
     
  5. Poiter

    Poiter New Member

    Joined:
    Apr 3, 2003
    Messages:
    122
    Likes Received:
    0
    Xenophobia is pretty wide spread in the "upright" cycling community.

    Pete
     
  6. flyingdutch

    flyingdutch New Member

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2004
    Messages:
    5,700
    Likes Received:
    0
    Hence the term, 'Uprighteous citizen' :rolleyes:
     
  7. gplama

    gplama Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    May 16, 2004
    Messages:
    7,817
    Likes Received:
    189
    heh, no... just being consistent..


    That'll only make me go faster.. and give me a wheel to suck ;)


    cheers,
    GPL
    :giving up on usenet, replication to/from blows:
     
  8. flyingdutch

    flyingdutch New Member

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2004
    Messages:
    5,700
    Likes Received:
    0
    that's the problem with em :D their too low to 'suck' :D:D
     
  9. cfsmtb

    cfsmtb New Member

    Joined:
    Apr 11, 2003
    Messages:
    4,963
    Likes Received:
    0
    Please, don't start, you summon back that freaking 'bent troll. And boxtard's also kicked off early for 2006 as well. :eek:
     
  10. DD

    DD Guest

    cfsmtb wrote:
    > flyingdutch Wrote:
    >
    >>that's the problem with em :D their too low to 'suck' :D:D

    >
    >
    > Please, don't start, you summon back that freaking 'bent troll. And
    > boxtard's also kicked off early for 2006 as well. :eek:
    >
    >

    I think everyone's got that troll (why do they allow internet access in
    psychiatric institutions?). Ignore. I think he is blowing a fuse very
    soon (called himself cycle gal the other day, very confused and now
    getting down to the level of faecal matter).

    And 'boxtard' is ...????
     
  11. "DD" wrote:

    > I think everyone's got that troll (why do they allow internet access in
    > psychiatric institutions?). Ignore. I think he is blowing a fuse very soon
    > (called himself cycle gal the other day, very confused and now getting
    > down to the level of faecal matter).
    >
    > And 'boxtard' is ...????


    Are we refferring to Jean-Paul Turcaud? (HWKTOOWY - sorry) Infamous troll
    on aus.bushwalking and various other aus. groups. Turd call!

    Cheers
    Peter
     
  12. Tamyka Bell

    Tamyka Bell Guest

    Peter Signorini wrote:
    >
    > "DD" wrote:
    >
    > > I think everyone's got that troll (why do they allow internet access in
    > > psychiatric institutions?). Ignore. I think he is blowing a fuse very soon
    > > (called himself cycle gal the other day, very confused and now getting
    > > down to the level of faecal matter).
    > >
    > > And 'boxtard' is ...????

    >
    > Are we refferring to Jean-Paul Turcaud? (HWKTOOWY - sorry) Infamous troll
    > on aus.bushwalking and various other aus. groups. Turd call!
    >
    > Cheers
    > Peter


    Good ole' JP... The end of the world is nigh! This week... no, wait,
    next week... no, wait, next week...

    Tam
     
  13. suzyj

    suzyj New Member

    Joined:
    Mar 22, 2004
    Messages:
    704
    Likes Received:
    0
    gplama wrote:

    > oh wait, they are all homemade right?

    Are you implying that homemade bikes are somehow inferior?

    I sense an element of cultural cringe...

    Frowning,

    Suzy
     
  14. gplama

    gplama Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    May 16, 2004
    Messages:
    7,817
    Likes Received:
    189
    Am I ever.. :p


    cheers,
    GPL
    :even I came from a factory:
     
  15. Random Data

    Random Data Guest

    On Fri, 13 Jan 2006 11:47:55 +1100, suzyj wrote:

    > Are you implying that homemade bikes are somehow inferior?


    I hear the brazing can be somewhat hit and miss :)

    --
    Dave Hughes | [email protected]
    Against boredom, the Gods themselves struggle in vain.
    - Nietzche
     
Loading...
Loading...