British Say US Is Violent, Money-Hungry, Uncultured Nation

MountainPro said:
who rattled your cage?

Millar is clean because he says he is...you believe LA dont you? Millions don't.

We'll never know for sure, but how can someone on dope be 147th? If he is then he should seriously think about changing his supplier.
ok...which is it pro? First you say he is one of the best or not too shabby coming from your country. Now you are using his poor performance to validate your ealier statement???? But seriously, I think the point here is you stated how good he was...but that was while he was doping...now that he may be clean ,he is 147th or so......BTW American Floyd Landis is sporting the yellow jersey...for now....

MountainPro said:
Millar is clean because he says he is...you believe LA dont you?
He's clean because he says he is? He said he was clean before he admitted to taking drugs, so I guess he was clean then?? Strange logic.

It's not a question of whether or not I believe LA or Millar. I don't really believe any of them... at least not simply because they say they're clean. But I'm not somehow twistedly trying to prove my country's greatness based on a cyclist's cleanliness or their performance in a bike race. I love bike racing as much as the next guy, but I'm not trying to prove my country's greatness based on it. Not to mention even without LA, the US has produced more world-class racers than the UK has. But WHO CARES? We're talking about countries; not racing. Just don't try to prove the greatness of your country based on David Millar.

For what it's worth, I really like Millar. I think he's great. Though I think he's spouted off a few times too many in the past. He almost sounds like an American. Hmmm...

MountainPro said:
in the report it states that a large percentage of brits have deemed Bush as a terrible leader. 1% said he was a great leader, however, we all have elements of society that should be locked away for thier own protection. UK is no different.

Did you miss the part about 77% liked Americans?

When you say that America is great, exactly what makes it great? With the possible exception of the Mugabe regime, i would say that the US admin is the most despised regime of all, and that includes a large percentage of Americans.

It doesnt shape up as a great country in my book. When was the last time anyone here felt inspired by anthing that came from the US or anything that they did? I know i am scratching my head.

When was the last time they committed an appauling act that was condemed the world over? What about business corruption from Microsoft to Enron...

Illegal concentration camps in the 21st century? Expliotation of poor countries with rich natural resources.

Great? Does money or greed make you great?
Even if our grandparents were allowed in to work 18 hours in sweatshops, for the rich in the USA, they still had hope and were able to survive, which is more than I can say for most places on this earth. America is a place where folks get a chance....unbridled capitalism, has its evils, and I do have have hope that the materialism and avaricious times we are going through, will just be one of the nastier parts of the human experience in the evolving world we live in.

I've yet to hear about a working utopia; if you have found one, and are keeping it secret, dern, let us in on it, mon!!!!!!

I still think that good will triumph over evil, somehow and someway, but it is only when the power of love overcomes the love of power that there will be peace. (borrowed from Jimi Hendrix):D

2WheelsGood said:
I'm not somehow twistedly trying to prove my country's greatness based on a cyclist's cleanliness or their performance in a bike race.
2WheelsGood said:
the US has produced more world-class racers than the UK has.
you're right, who cares. If the US hadn't produced more cyclists that the UK there would be a BIG problem. Its purely down to mathematics and probability.

The US has a greater population....you win.

I believe that Millar IS clean though. Sure he lied in the past but i truely think he has learned his lesson the hard way. One more offence and he is out. He knows that and isnt willing to take the risk. 99.9% of people in the UK have not heard of him so he doesnt have a book launch to save him, chat show appearances and anthing to fall back on financially. He has to cycle to make a living. I believe that he has too much to lose. (i could be wrong).

2FAST4U said:
Moderated...............
The fact that you would actually be motivated to do such a thing and take the time to do it is the scary thing dude. You need psychological help.

The other possibility: You are such a parody of a caricature of a stereotype that it's just possible you're a bot set up to take the **** out of the rest of us. The more I think of it, the more plausible that sounds.

I do know this; the business of America is war and the rest of the world now sees us as the bad guys. This is what Iraq has done for us. Thanks George.

Well, then it's high time we got into a different line of work!!! Haberdashers? A nation of plumbers perhaps? I thought everyone and his brother was a lawyer, truth to tell.

Geez, what would George have done if Iraq (Saddam) tossed a few Quassems over da border?
I take that back; I get ill thinking about it.

2FAST4U said:
Look this is all getting very old...
Agreed. So why don't you stop bringing it up every chance you get?

2FAST4U said:
...but let me see if I have it straight. You order a fork from someone, you don't pay him all it is worth. You used said fork, then you want him to pay YOU to get his property back.
No, you didn't get it straight. He didn't get the 2/3 balance...for a reason, which is: putting innocent people in potential danger from his attempt at extortion,, which was AFTER I offered to pay the balance if he would cease & desist. What part of this don't you understand, genius?

I never said I wanted him to pay ME for the return of the fork. I said I will only accept a call tag, which means the shipping is pre-paid or paid on his end upon delivery. So quit your lying.

2FAST4U said:
I'm not defending him but what I have always experienced with cycling is even if you don't agree with someone, it usually gets worked out and we hang together but you never treat a fellow biker like that....
You're backpedalling now by claiming you're not defending him? I've said it on this forum earlier: he was treated fairly by THIS cyclist. HE made the decision to be an asshole, not I. That's the part YOU need to get straight.

2FAST4U said:
I'm not insulting you, I'm telling the truth...I have satelite imagery of your dwelling...it is available to everyone...Your entire lot is about the half the size of my front yard. Anyway, I'm not going to post the image of your homestead.
Shall I go back and find the posts of your incessant and inane remarks about where I live to prove again that you are a liar?

Where either of us lives is irrelevant to topics we were discussing. You are quite obsessed with where I live - and/or over-proud of your own digs - to go to the extent of finding some satellite pic of it. Tell me who in their right mind does THAT? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: 'Nuf said.

FACT: GWB is a criminal, as are many of his Admin's thugs. Whether you can accept that fact or not makes it no less true. There is ample evidence of their crimes and malfeasances, which has been shown and discussed on CF ad infinitum. The primary reasons he's not sharing a cell next to Saddam is not for lack of evidence, but because of: 1) the Repig majority in Congress, and 2) BushCo pulled the US out of the International Criminal Court.

FACT: Your ass-buddy Nessism indeed attempted to extort the balance out of me, when it was a simple matter for him to delete his slanderous postings at the time and accept my offer to pay him. At the very least, if he wished to claim I was a "Bad Trader", he should have used only my username. It was entirely unneccesary, immoral, and indeed extortionary to post my personal info without my permission.

ex·tor·tion
( P ) Pronunciation Key (
ibreve.gif
k-stôr
prime.gif
sh
schwa.gif
n)
n.
  1. The act or an instance of extorting.
  2. Illegal use of one's official position or powers to obtain property, funds, or patronage.
  3. An excessive or exorbitant charge.
  4. Something extorted.
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/extortion

2FAST4U said:
I managed to obtain a home, property, job etc that is superior to your way of life….
Really? Again, how would you have come to that conclusion, O Omnipotent And All-Knowing Satellite Dood? :confused: LMAO!! I guess you're back to where you started. :rolleyes:

Here, maybe Tin Hat Cat can help you with better reception...

The only thing this thread proves is that the same "internet tough guy" attitude exists on both sides of the pond! I thought that was an American thing. ;)

Yes but you left out;

"a majority of the Britons questions described Americans as uncaring, divided by class, awash in violent crime, vulgar, preoccupied with money, ignorant of the outside world, racially divided, uncultured and in the most overwhelming result (90 percent of respondents) dominated by big business,but, people in the US have better teeth, don't live in crappy little houses and don't lust over Alcohol like the Brits..."

I kind of wish now that the U.S. Allies let Nazi Germany flatten the hell out of the UK in WWII, and watch Brits say Seig Heil etc. The Nazi's would have never let the Arabs control oil, would have blitz' kreig'd the Oil nations ... :D

NHL Hockey Fans please visit:

www.HockeyBash.com

( A USA / Canada Sport which loser Brits dont have the privalege to watch every year.... Only their Super Star Crying Futbol players waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa )

I am starting to get the feeling that Bush and his compadres, isn't as stupid as he is or pretends to be. I think the USA had the goods on the middle east a long time ago and Iraq was a convenient place to plant ourselves (USA) knowing full well that things were gonna get real hot; the insurgency was a mistake and surprise......but I wouldn't be surprised at all, if at this juncture, there is method in the madness that has been driving us crazy regarding Bush et al........and now the day of understanding with Syria and Iran is upon us.

Stay tuned for a station break:

On the other hand, I may be extrapolating and laying laurels at the feet of people who don't deserve them at all.

Only time will tell, unless it is running out faster than I thought.

stevebaby said:
I've been to the us and I know quite well that it is a multicultural country.I suppose I have met literally thousands of americans.Most of the ones I have met believe in the same myth that you do...that the us is the most desirable country on the planet.The fact is,most people don't want to live there.They want to stay right where they are.
Compare the few hundred thousand immigrants to the us to the 6 billion who have no intention of emigrating there and you will have a more realistic picture.
One of the other myths that americans believe is that they have more freedom than other countries.The us may have more freedom than many other countries (such as saudi arabia,your "democratic" allies and the recipients of a very large portion of the foreign aid that the us so generously doles out)...there are other countries with more freedom than the us.
I've asked many americans how the us is more free than any other western democracy.None of them have ever been able to answer.Most of them seem to know little about other countries or cultures and not a real lot about their own history.Mostly they parrot the same nonsense that they were taught in school about american "democracy,"freedom" and the superiority of the american way of life.
Face it,you're ruled by large corporations just like most of the other western "democracies".

Americans can carry guns. This choice is their freedom.

ptlwp said:
I am starting to get the feeling that Bush and his compadres, isn't as stupid as he is or pretends to be. I think the USA had the goods on the middle east a long time ago and Iraq was a convenient place to plant ourselves (USA) knowing full well that things were gonna get real hot; the insurgency was a mistake and surprise......but I wouldn't be surprised at all, if at this juncture, there is method in the madness that has been driving us crazy regarding Bush et al........and now the day of understanding with Syria and Iran is upon us.

Stay tuned for a station break:

On the other hand, I may be extrapolating and laying laurels at the feet of people who don't deserve them at all.

Only time will tell, unless it is running out faster than I thought.
Bush is an oil man. Saddam Hussein and Al-Queda were just an excuse to invade Iraq and thrust the U.S. way of life upon the Iraqi people.

Bush and his cronies will make a fortune from the oil in Iraq by "supervising" it's distribution.

It was a well laid out plan. Too bad thousands of american soldiers had to die to make the plan work.

The worst thing about all of this is the fact that Bush was voted in for a second term. Unbelievable!

2FAST4U said:
FACT: At least his bike is paid for...
...by his Daddy, who bailed him out of everything else in his life? Or did Jack Abramoff & Kenny Lay pay for it?

2FAST4U said:
No extortion...Maybe another crime but not extortion...How can he extort his own property?
By that measure, it's not his property until he returns the $65. I've already paid. Otherwise, his extortionary actions are clear.

2FAST4U said:
Look Buddy, you used his fork for 6 months...didn't pay him for 6 months. You make it sound as though your check got lost in the mail or some other excuse.....
He was offered payment, but he preferred to whine that he didn't get paid.

2FAST4U said:
A picture is worth a thousand words...Dirty scale, crummy house...cracked foundation= unsuccessful poster....
Get some Prozac for your Obsessive-Compulsive Disease.

2FAST4U said:
funny....nice one...However, perhaps you could explain this since I have asked you a thousand times and you seem to avoid the issue...Why did you get banned yet he didn't????
Funny, but I don't recall you asking that even once. You are a liar yet again. But that may be part of the OCD problem...

Alpha said:
Americans can carry guns. This choice is their freedom.
This is the fairly predictable response from americans,many of whom are surprised to learn that weapon ownership is not confined to the us.
Private ownership of weapons is common in Afghanistan and Iraq.
It didn't help them to "Fight tyranny".
There are plenty of places in the world where it's possible to say,drive a vehicle or operate a boat or practice medicine without much regulation.That may offer a small measure of "freedom" for the persons doing so,but it restricts the freedom of the majority.
"Freedom" to own weapons is not freedom at all.It is a restriction on the right of the majority to be free from the threat of weapons.
I have asked this question of americans many times.The usual response concerns guns...then they are usually struck dumb.
Not one american has ever been able to explain how their much-vaunted freedom is substantially different from the freedom in any other western democracy.
I rather suspect that their incessant bleating about freedom is really just a way of denying what they know to be true...that they lost their freedom a long time ago.
The truth is,the american republic was never intended to be "Equal".Equality was confined to men of property and nothing much has changed.All pigs are equal...but some are more equal than others.

Alpha said:
Bush is an oil man. Saddam Hussein and Al-Queda were just an excuse to invade Iraq and thrust the U.S. way of life upon the Iraqi people.

Bush and his cronies will make a fortune from the oil in Iraq by "supervising" it's distribution.

It was a well laid out plan. Too bad thousands of american soldiers had to die to make the plan work.

The worst thing about all of this is the fact that Bush was voted in for a second term. Unbelievable!
Iraq was not only an opportunity to steal oil from the Iraquis.It was,as you say,an opportunity to deliberately destroy a small country and rebuild it according to neo-con ideology.
Which,of course,has failed miserably.
The us,as a nation,learned nothing from the war against Vietnam.
Has it never occurred to them that to other people in the world,freedom means the right not to be an american colony? Or that people will fight to defend themselves against american tyranny?

2FAST4U said:
FACT: At least his bike is paid for...

No extortion...Maybe another crime but not extortion...How can he extort his own property? My advice...Get a lawyer and stop whining...

Look Buddy, you used his fork for 6 months...didn't pay him for 6 months. You make it sound as though your check got lost in the mail or some other excuse..You didn't pay him, you post under different names, he was just providing a public service. Like I said, if you had a case, a bleeding heart liberal like you would have already sued the guy....Since you haven't, you must stop pretending like you are the victim...No crime = no victim...

A picture is worth a thousand words...Dirty scale, crummy house...cracked foundation= unsuccessful poster....

funny....nice one...However, perhaps you could explain this since I have asked you a thousand times and you seem to avoid the issue...Why did you get banned yet he didn't????
How about a photo of your trailer?
If you want to criticise the living arrangements of others you should be prepared to undergo the same scrutiny.
And what's your address,so we can all check you out on GE?

BikeLBK.com said:
Yes but you left out;

"a majority of the Britons questions described Americans as uncaring, divided by class, awash in violent crime, vulgar, preoccupied with money, ignorant of the outside world, racially divided, uncultured and in the most overwhelming result (90 percent of respondents) dominated by big business,but, people in the US have better teeth, don't live in crappy little houses and don't lust over Alcohol like the Brits..."

I kind of wish now that the U.S. Allies let Nazi Germany flatten the hell out of the UK in WWII, and watch Brits say Seig Heil etc. The Nazi's would have never let the Arabs control oil, would have blitz' kreig'd the Oil nations ... :D

NHL Hockey Fans please visit:

www.HockeyBash.com

( A USA / Canada Sport which loser Brits dont have the privalege to watch every year.... Only their Super Star Crying Futbol players waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa )
The nazis tried to blitzkreig the middle east.
The 8th Army kicked 10 different kinds of **** out of them.
Dunce.Learn some history.