Campagnolo Centaur Front Derailleur HELP, please!

30West

Jul 20, 2010
Okay, so, I'm building up a Campy drive train and while piecing together the components off eBay, someone sent me a Flat Bar front derailleur instead of a regular road. My question is, is it usable? It is Centaur 10sp, just like the rest of the group. Compatible with 39/53 and Quick Shift. Is the pull the same? Will it screw the shifting? Will it be just fine? Please help. THANKS!

30West said:
Okay, so, I'm building up a Campy drive train and while piecing together the components off eBay, someone sent me a Flat Bar front derailleur instead of a regular road. My question is, is it usable? It is Centaur 10sp, just like the rest of the group. Compatible with 39/53 and Quick Shift. Is the pull the same? Will it screw the shifting? Will it be just fine? Please help. THANKS!

It'll work.

30West said:
The "pull" is supposedly different, but as long as you are not using a Xenon-based QS shifter, you will be fine ...

If you are using a Xenon-based QS shifter with a Double crankset, then the shifter may-or-may-not adequately move the derailleur cage.

The additional indexing indent which normally allows the shifter to work with a Triple may be enough to move the chain across a Double with the particular front derailleur ... or, not!?!
Put a piece of (clear/tan) packing tape on the insides of the front derailleur cage ... install ... test.
If it doesn't work, you'll need to send it back OR wait until you get different shifters.