can you get HIV from a toilet seat?

Discussion in 'Health and medical' started by diaperlover, Mar 9, 2004.

  1. diaperlover

    diaperlover Guest

    my sister knows a guy who says he got it that way and
    he's straight

    Tags:

  2. Rich.

    Rich. Guest

    On Tue, 09 Mar 2004 15:13:35 -0500, [email protected] wrote:

    >my sister knows a guy who says he got it that way and
    >he's straight

    If the guy asserts that he got HIV from a toilet seat I
    would question whether he is (being) straight.

    Note I am not saying it is impossible to get HIV from a
    toilet seat. I am questioning how on earth someone would
    know if that was the way it was contracted. And this
    would suggest to me that he might be covering up how he
    really got it.

    Aloha,

    Rich

    The best defense to logic is ignorance

  3. Wb

    Wb Guest

    On Tue, 09 Mar 2004 20:22:27 GMT, [email protected] wrote:

    >On Tue, 09 Mar 2004 15:13:35 -0500,
    >[email protected] wrote:
    >
    >>my sister knows a guy who says he got it that way and he's
    >>straight
    >
    >If the guy asserts that he got HIV from a toilet seat I
    >would question whether he is (being) straight.
    >
    >Note I am not saying it is impossible to get HIV from a
    >toilet seat. I am questioning how on earth someone would
    >know if that was the way it was contracted. And this
    >would suggest to me that he might be covering up how he
    >really got it.
    >
    >Aloha,
    >
    >Rich

    >The best defense to logic is ignorance

    I think they left out the part about 'kneeling on the'
    toilet seat in the 'rump wrangler saloon'.

    --
    WB

    "I can dance on the head of a pin as well"
    -Yoshimo

  4. Mr Cheez

    Mr Cheez Guest

    <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > On Tue, 09 Mar 2004 15:13:35 -0500,
    > [email protected] wrote:
    >
    > >my sister knows a guy who says he got it that way and
    > >he's straight

    That is TRULY a hoot!

    > If the guy asserts that he got HIV from a toilet seat I
    > would question whether he is (being) straight.
    >
    > Note I am not saying it is impossible to get HIV from a
    > toilet seat. I am questioning how on earth someone would
    > know if that was the way it was contracted. And this
    > would suggest to me that he might be covering up how he
    > really got it.

    Note: I am saying that it is IMPOSSIBLE to acquire HIV from
    a toilet seat. Bodily fluids... semen, blood, breast
    milk, vaginal secretions... It doesn't live outside
    the body. Get informed.

    And the other guy should get a life!

    Mr Cheez

  5. Mr Cheez

    Mr Cheez Guest

    <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > On Tue, 09 Mar 2004 15:13:35 -0500,
    > [email protected] wrote:
    >
    > >my sister knows a guy who says he got it that way and
    > >he's straight

    That is TRULY a hoot!

  6. Mr Cheez wrote:

    > Note: I am saying that it is IMPOSSIBLE to acquire HIV
    > from a toilet seat.

    It's possible. But it would be horribly uncomfortable.

    B/

  7. Gymmy Bob

    Gymmy Bob Guest

    HIV doesn't live outside the body for very long. It is not
    impossible.

    "Mr Cheez" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    news.ops.worldnet.att.net...

    > <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > On Tue, 09 Mar 2004 15:13:35 -0500,
    > > [email protected] wrote:
    > >
    > > >my sister knows a guy who says he got it that way and
    > > >he's straight
    >
    > That is TRULY a hoot!
    >
    > > If the guy asserts that he got HIV from a toilet seat I
    > > would question whether he is (being) straight.
    > >
    > > Note I am not saying it is impossible to get HIV from a
    > > toilet seat. I am questioning how on earth someone would
    > > know if that was the way it was contracted. And this
    > > would suggest to me that he might be covering up how he
    > > really got it.
    >
    > Note: I am saying that it is IMPOSSIBLE to acquire HIV
    > from a toilet
    seat.
    > Bodily fluids... semen, blood, breast milk, vaginal
    > secretions... It doesn't live outside the body. Get
    > informed.
    >
    > And the other guy should get a life!
    >
    > Mr Cheez

  8. W_b

    W_b Guest

    On Fri, 12 Mar 2004 23:41:04 -0500, "Gymmy Bob" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Now you've gone off the wall. HIV has been isolated
    >and identified by researchers. It can be tested for
    >and the outcome predicted. It can also be spread by
    >usual STD methods.

    Dr CeePhD

    sez that viruses don't exist

    and... the germ theory of disease is a farce.

    What do you say ?
    --

    Take out the G'RBAGE for private replies.
    [email protected]

  9. Mark

    Mark Guest

    > my sister knows a guy who says he got it that way and he's
    > straight

    The only way you could get HIV from a toilet seat is if an
    infected person bled (or put other infectious body fluids)
    on it and you immediately sat yourself down in the fresh
    blood...AND if you yourself had open bleeding sores on your
    rump at the time.

    This story is as silly as the ones where the prom queen gets
    pregnant by going in a public swimming pool.

    Mark, MD

  10. Gymmy Bob

    Gymmy Bob Guest

    involved.

    "Mark" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > [email protected] wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > > my sister knows a guy who says he got it that way and
    > > he's straight
    >

    > The only way you could get HIV from a toilet seat is if an
    > infected person bled (or put other infectious body fluids)
    > on it and you immediately sat yourself down in the fresh
    > blood...AND if you yourself had open bleeding sores on
    > your rump at the time.
    >
    > This story is as silly as the ones where the prom queen
    > gets pregnant by going in a public swimming pool.
    >
    > Mark, MD

  11. Chris

    Chris Guest

    "Mark" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > [email protected] wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > > my sister knows a guy who says he got it that way and
    > > he's straight

    observation.

    > The only way you could get HIV from a toilet seat is if an
    > infected person bled (or put other infectious body fluids)
    > on it and you immediately sat yourself down in the fresh
    > blood...AND if you yourself had open bleeding sores on
    > your rump at the time.
    >
    > This story is as silly as the ones where the prom queen
    > gets pregnant by going in a public swimming pool.
    >
    > Mark, MD

    There are only 2 ways of becoming infected with HIV. Either
    a fluid/tissue

    the blood stream). Any other story is propagandized
    misinformation.

  12. Gymmy Bob

    Gymmy Bob Guest

    I doubt anybody is disputing those statements.

    Getting HIV from a toilet seat would be fluid exchange,
    would it not?

    The virus can live outside the body, only for a short time,
    but it can, can it not?

    > There are only 2 ways of becoming infected with HIV.
    > Either a
    fluid/tissue

    > the blood stream). Any other story is propagandized
    > misinformation.

  13. Michele

    Michele Guest

    "Rich Shewmaker" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > "DRCEEPHD" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    > m18.aol.com...
    > > >Subject: Re: can you get HIV from a toilet seat? From:
    > > >"Gymmy Bob" [email protected] Date: 3/12/04 10:14 PM
    > > >Eastern Standard Time Message-id: <2IudnWKghMIs5s_dRVn-
    > > >[email protected]>
    >
    > > >HIV doesn't live outside the body for very long.
    > >
    > > Yuk, yuk,yuk.
    > >
    > > HIV does not live at all. It is all a joke, or a hoax,
    > > which ever you
    > prefer.
    > >
    > > Drugs cause AIDS. Immune suppressive drugs, both
    > > recreactional or
    > prescribed
    > > causes AIDS. Your doc will give you even more powerful
    > > immune suppressive drugs to "prolong" your life, not
    > > "cure you", yet you die sooner rather
    > than
    > > later.
    > >
    > > This is like having a hole in your automobile tire and
    > > having the doc put another hole in your tire to make it
    > > last longer.
    > >
    > > The "deception" still goes on.
    > >
    > > DrC PhD.
    >
    > And what color is the sky on your planet?
    >
    > --Rich

    "CEE" proves again that there is yet another subject that he
    is completely misinformed about. Of course his asinine fairy
    tale WRT HIV/AIDS has no explanation for the occurence of
    the disease among populations where drugs aren't used. He is
    an empty headed idiot.

  14. mtim2000

    mtim2000 Guest

    The reason no one gets HIV from toilet seats is because it
    is a myth. The govt pushes HIV as a killer because this is
    how the govt can control people thru fear.

    Why is it that polio and every other virus has been isolated
    and a vacine developed but the AIDS virus has never even
    been isolated. If you read the small print on an HIV test
    kit purchased in the drug stores, you will see that it says
    that is it a test for HTLV-III. It is not testing for the
    AIDS virus because such a virus has never been isolated.
    Even at the world AIDS conference, it was admitted that the
    AIDS virus has never been isolated. As to being HIV
    positive, that means you are carrying the antibody for HTLV-
    III. The only way your body can produce an antibody is if
    you get a virus and then your body produces or manufactures
    an antibody which it uses to defeat the disease. So, that
    means if you are HIV positive, you fought off HTLV-III
    virus. That means you don't have it anymore and it never was
    AIDs in the first place.

    What I am writing here is the basic argument that many
    scientists argue as to why AIDS does not exist. A doctor in
    Spain even injected himself with HIV positive fluid on live
    TV to prove his point. The US govt is covering up a lie.
    It's all about the funding, the money. Follow the money.
    AIDS is a conspiracy. Our press doesn't report any of this
    because they are owned by major corporations and are in
    cooperating with the Federal Govt.

    Michael Hansen http://www.worlds-best-vitamins.com
    [email protected] (Mark) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > [email protected] wrote in message
    > news:<[email protected]>...
    > > my sister knows a guy who says he got it that way and
    > > he's straight
    >

    > The only way you could get HIV from a toilet seat is if an
    > infected person bled (or put other infectious body fluids)
    > on it and you immediately sat yourself down in the fresh
    > blood...AND if you yourself had open bleeding sores on
    > your rump at the time.
    >
    > This story is as silly as the ones where the prom queen
    > gets pregnant by going in a public swimming pool.
    >
    > Mark, MD

  15. Anth

    Anth Guest

    Has it really been isolated? Anth

    "Gymmy Bob" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:l5adnRzlLKOVDc_dRVn-
    [email protected]
    > Now you've gone off the wall. HIV has been isolated and
    > identified by researchers. It can be tested for and the
    > outcome predicted. It can also
    be
    > spread by usual STD methods.
    >
    > "DRCEEPHD" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    > m18.aol.com...
    > > >Subject: Re: can you get HIV from a toilet seat? From:
    > > >"Gymmy Bob" [email protected] Date: 3/12/04 10:14 PM
    > > >Eastern Standard Time Message-id: <2IudnWKghMIs5s_dRVn-
    > > >[email protected]>
    > >
    > > >HIV doesn't live outside the body for very long.
    > >
    > > Yuk, yuk,yuk.
    > >
    > > HIV does not live at all. It is all a joke, or a hoax,
    > > which ever you
    > prefer.
    > >
    > > Drugs cause AIDS. Immune suppressive drugs, both
    > > recreactional or
    > prescribed
    > > causes AIDS. Your doc will give you even more powerful
    > > immune
    suppressive
    > > drugs to "prolong" your life, not "cure you", yet you
    > > die sooner rather
    > than
    > > later.
    > >
    > > This is like having a hole in your automobile tire and
    > > having the doc
    put
    > > another hole in your tire to make it last longer.
    > >
    > > The "deception" still goes on.
    > >
    > > DrC PhD.

  16. David Wright

    David Wright Guest

    In article <[email protected]>,
    Anth <[email protected]> wrote:
    >Has it really been isolated?

    Yep. Both HIV-1 and HIV-2 have been isolated and sequenced,
    and there are even phylogenetic trees of both viruses --
    this is how HIV-1 (the most common and virulent kind) was
    shown to be most closely related to a chimpanzee strain
    (HIVcpz), which I think was isolated from bonobo
    chimpanzees.

    Claims that "HIV has never been isolated" are so much
    hogwash. Why they are still being circulated is beyond me.

    -- David Wright :: alphabeta at prodigy.net These are my
    opinions only, but they're almost always correct. "If I
    have not seen as far as others, it is because giants were
    standing on my shoulders." (Hal Abelson, MIT)

    >"Gymmy Bob" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:l5adnRzlLKOVDc_dRVn-
    >[email protected]
    >> Now you've gone off the wall. HIV has been isolated and
    >> identified by researchers. It can be tested for and the
    >> outcome predicted. It can also
    >be
    >> spread by usual STD methods.
    >>
    >> "DRCEEPHD" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    >> m18.aol.com...

    >> > Yuk, yuk,yuk.
    >> >
    >> > HIV does not live at all. It is all a joke, or a hoax,
    >> > which ever you
    >> prefer.
    >> >
    >> > Drugs cause AIDS. Immune suppressive drugs, both
    >> > recreactional or
    >> prescribed
    >> > causes AIDS. Your doc will give you even more powerful
    >> > immune
    >suppressive
    >> > drugs to "prolong" your life, not "cure you", yet you
    >> > die sooner rather
    >> than
    >> > later.
    >> >
    >> > This is like having a hole in your automobile tire and
    >> > having the doc
    >put
    >> > another hole in your tire to make it last longer.
    >> >
    >> > The "deception" still goes on.
    >> >
    >> > DrC PhD.

  17. Gymmy Bob

    Gymmy Bob Guest

    You can be tested for the HIV virus in this country.

    "Anth" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Has it really been isolated? Anth
    >
    > "Gymmy Bob" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:l5adnRzlLKOVDc_dRVn-
    > [email protected]
    > > Now you've gone off the wall. HIV has been isolated and
    > > identified by researchers. It can be tested for and the
    > > outcome predicted. It can also
    > be
    > > spread by usual STD methods.
    > >
    > > "DRCEEPHD" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    > > m18.aol.com...

    > > > Yuk, yuk,yuk.
    > > >
    > > > HIV does not live at all. It is all a joke, or a hoax,
    > > > which ever you
    > > prefer.
    > > >
    > > > Drugs cause AIDS. Immune suppressive drugs, both
    > > > recreactional or
    > > prescribed
    > > > causes AIDS. Your doc will give you even more powerful
    > > > immune
    > suppressive
    > > > drugs to "prolong" your life, not "cure you", yet you
    > > > die sooner
    rather
    > > than
    > > > later.
    > > >
    > > > This is like having a hole in your automobile tire
    > > > and having the doc
    > put
    > > > another hole in your tire to make it last longer.
    > > >
    > > > The "deception" still goes on.
    > > >
    > > > DrC PhD.

  18. Gymmy Bob

    Gymmy Bob Guest

    Why do people die from AIDS every day then?

  19. [email protected] (Mark) wrote:

    >[email protected] wrote in message
    >news:<[email protected]>...
    >> my sister knows a guy who says he got it that way and
    >> he's straight
    >

    >The only way you could get HIV from a toilet seat is if an
    >infected person bled (or put other infectious body fluids)
    >on it and you immediately sat yourself down in the fresh
    >blood...AND if you yourself had open bleeding sores on your
    >rump at the time.
    >
    >This story is as silly as the ones where the prom queen
    >gets pregnant by going in a public swimming pool.
    >
    >Mark, MD

    True but embarrassing anecdote following:

    I stood up too fast once and I must have been sitting a bit
    too far forward and I managed to cause some, ahem,
    laceration, to, ummm, a part of my anatomy.

    My pain was tempered by the pleasure of being able to
    truthfully say to the doctor: "I caught it on a toilet
    seat".

    --
    Peter Bowditch
    The Green Light http://www.ratbags.com/greenlight