Cannondale R1000

jj wrote:
> There's just a lot of enthusiasm around here. No need to mistake it for
> tedious moralization. Folks just get caught up in their passion and don't
> realize they've kind of glossed over your question. It's all good though -
> the passion for cycling and the strong opinions, that is. It's just
> contagious excitement for the most part.
>
> When I first switched to clipless I could hardly contain myself, resulting
> in a very pushy attitude towards those that were still using toe clips or
> plain pedals. But it was well-meaning, if you get my drift. I learned to
> laugh at myself.
>
> Uh, but don't even -think- about getting a straight-bar bike. You simply
> -must- get dropbars, besides the varied hand positions, they're narrower
> giving less strain on the wrists, and...oops, there I go again. ;-)
>
> jj

Now this is a great post- I love anyone who can make fun of themselves.
Ten thousand dollars worth of dental work later, I'll post that I
should have listened to the adamant "buy anything but aluminum" crowd.
I guess I will just learn the hard way; I am set on the Cannondale. I
can deal with adversity.

Thanks in particular to those who recommended computers, and I hope we
all see each other on the road someday.

Wendy (5'7", 140 lbs)

On Tue, 19 Jul 2005 20:45:07 -0700, Wendy wrote:

> Now this is a great post- I love anyone who can make fun of themselves.
> Ten thousand dollars worth of dental work later, I'll post that I
> should have listened to the adamant "buy anything but aluminum" crowd. I
> guess I will just learn the hard way; I am set on the Cannondale. I can
> deal with adversity.

Don't mind those of us that poke a little bit at you. Most of us have been
under the new bike spell, and thought too little before making a
purchasing decision, so we offer the function of a pessimistic Greek
chorus. It's Usenet, filter out the **** you don't like. :D

Cannondale makes fine bikes and I hope you'll be happy as hell on yours--I
thought of you as I flexed my very whippy steel single up a very steep
climb today. A 'Dale would have rocketed up by comparison. LOL

Mind you, the last time I rode one was in the late 80s--it was my buddy's
and I borrowed it a few times. Think it had a steel fork, certainly wasn't
carbon. Ride was brutal. But now with carbon forks and really nice
clincher tires--well perhaps I should test ride one again to see how they
feel. ;)

There's always the option of some nice 28mm tires at 90 psi to smooth out
the ride if it's still a bit edgy.

I'll also concede that the frames are quite sexy in their own way.

In article <[email protected]>,
"Wendy" <[email protected]> writes:

> Thanks in particular to those who recommended computers

You don't need one of those damn'd things :) :) :)

cheers,
Tom

--
-- Nothing is safe from me.
Above address is just a spam midden.

Hi Wendy,

You definitely don't need any upgrades. Choose your drive train
carefully. Remember that the Shimano 10 speed double shifters are not
compatible with a triple drive train. If you need the gears, you might
consider a compact drive train.

As far as shoes and pedals, try the different models. Sidi, Carnac,
Shimano, Nike, Pearl Izumi fit differently so try them on see what's
more comfortable.

Safe & Speedy Riding,
Claude