Caught speeding vs. Red means stop fitzroy boy

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by Daveb, Feb 14, 2004.

  1. cfsmtb

    cfsmtb New Member

    Joined:
    Apr 11, 2003
    Messages:
    4,963

  2. Hippy

    Hippy Guest

    "flyingdutch" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > take out a class-action against them (including the other rider that 4 gutless GM riders assaulted
    > on B Rd last year putting him in hospital!!!)

    What is "GM" and what's the deal with this assault story? I never heard of anyone getting put in
    hospital...

    hippy

  3. Hippy

    Hippy Guest

    "cfsmtb" <[email protected]&spam.com.vic> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Just a question, how many people out there, are aware of the self regulating code of conduct that
    > was developed last year?

    Either Cyclesport Victoria, Blackburn Cycling Club or BV (in the Around the Bay package??) sent this
    out last year - I can't remember which though. Seemed reasonable to me - it was mostly what I do
    anyway for "respect" and safety.

    > Article from The Age, "Lycra rules, OK?"
    > http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2003/12/06/1070625586097.html
    >
    > PDF: http://www.bikenow.com.au/tac/documents/coc.pdf

    hippy

  4. byron27

    byron27 New Member

    Joined:
    Oct 19, 2003
    who are FM riders??

  5. Jess

    Jess Guest

    prolly Freedom Machine

    I cant think of anyone else that has those initials

    "byron27" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > flyingdutch wrote:
    > > I realise this is slightly off topic, but the subject of GM brought
    this
    > > top mind... imho FM riders are (and I readily admit to broadwiping stereotypes
    here,
    > > so to those 'good' FM riders, my apologies) a bloody nuisance. Along beach road they pass,
    > > elbow, brake, dont signal potholes, and
    basically
    > > dont give a stuff about anyone else. way too much thinking with one
    part
    > > of the anatomy, and not the other... I realise that there are quite a few really top-notch
    > > riders amongst these guys (the first guy i saw
    come
    > > dwon off falls during the alpine classic a few weeks back was a GM rider) but that doesnt give
    > > them an exemption from courtesy to other riders or traffic lights, etc If FM are going to let
    > > morons like this ride around wearing their jerseys perhaps they might consider having a 'chat'
    > > to their regular ride group members that what they do reflects on their business and
    also
    > > makes them identifiable. I was discussing the vagueries(?) with a
    rello
    > > who's a cop in Prahran and apparently they have recieved approx 50 complaints over the last 6
    > > months (that's a record in the entire Oz police force he said, seconded only by the HELL
    > > group) and are going
    > > be shortly submitting a legal 'request' for FM to either cease organising/encuraging such
    > > behaviour or if worst comes to worst simply take out a class-action against them (including
    > > the other rider that 4 gutless GM riders assaulted on B Rd last year putting him in
    > > hospital!!!)
    >

    > who are FM riders??
    >

    > --

  6. Nickzx6r

    Nickzx6r Guest

    cfsmtb <[email protected]&spam.com.vic> wrote:
    > Just a question, how many people out there, are aware of the self regulating code of conduct that
    > was developed last year?

    > Article from The Age, "Lycra rules, OK?"
    > http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2003/12/06/1070625586097.html

    > PDF: http://www.bikenow.com.au/tac/documents/coc.pdf

    > BTW, my rant from yesterday was not a criticism of FM at all, it was primarily directed towards
    > the bloke who ignored three red lights.:cool:

    Yep. I remember reading it on SKCC's website? or maybe CC?

    --
    Nick

  7. flyingdutch

    flyingdutch New Member

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2004
    Messages:
    5,700
    Apologies for the confusion. Green Machine, it was meant to stand for

    The assault in question was on a guy on Beach Road in Brighton last November. Words exchanged (no idea what about), guy pushed off. Mate takes issue and 5 GM guys proceeded to put him in hospital. Sadly this has reflected on the whole GM group and sadly a innocent business is looking down the barrel of deep ****e! Police know the individuals names ( 2nd half of incident caught on video by woman on her balcony across road).
    Let's hope this isnt used as more sensationalist hype by the anti-cycling fraternity...