Caught speeding vs. Red means stop fitzroy boy

flyingdutch wrote:
> I realise this is slightly off topic, but the subject of GM brought this
> top mind...
> imho FM riders are (and I readily admit to broadwiping stereotypes here,
> so to those 'good' FM riders, my apologies) a bloody nuisance. Along
> beach road they pass, elbow, brake, dont signal potholes, and basically
> dont give a stuff about anyone else. way too much thinking with one part
> of the anatomy, and not the other... I realise that there are quite a
> few really top-notch riders amongst these guys (the first guy i saw come
> dwon off falls during the alpine classic a few weeks back was a GM
> rider) but that doesnt give them an exemption from courtesy to other
> riders or traffic lights, etc
> If FM are going to let morons like this ride around wearing their
> jerseys perhaps they might consider having a 'chat' to their regular
> ride group members that what they do reflects on their business and also
> makes them identifiable. I was discussing the vagueries(?) with a rello
> who's a cop in Prahran and apparently they have recieved approx 50
> complaints over the last 6 months (that's a record in the entire Oz
> police force he said, seconded only by the HELL group) and are going to
> be shortly submitting a legal 'request' for FM to either cease
> organising/encuraging such behaviour or if worst comes to worst simply
> take out a class-action against them (including the other rider that 4
> gutless GM riders assaulted on B Rd last year putting him in
> hospital!!!)

who are FM riders?

-

prolly Freedom Machine

I cant think of anyone else that has those initials

news:[email protected]...

cfsmtb <spam@spameggs&spam.com.vic> wrote:
> Just a question, how many people out there, are aware of the self
> regulating code of conduct that was developed last year?

> Article from The Age, "Lycra rules, OK?"
> http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2003/12/06/1070625586097.html

> PDF: http://www.bikenow.com.au/tac/documents/coc.pdf

> BTW, my rant from yesterday was not a criticism of FM at all, it was
> primarily directed towards the bloke who ignored three red lights.:cool:

Yep. I remember reading it on SKCC's website? or maybe CC?

--
Nick

Apologies for the confusion. Green Machine, it was meant to stand fo

The assault in question was on a guy on Beach Road in Brighton las
November. Words exchanged (no idea what about), guy pushed off. Mat
takes issue and 5 GM guys proceeded to put him in hospital. Sadly thi
has reflected on the whole GM group and sadly a innocent business i
looking down the barrel of deep ****e! Police know the individuals name
( 2nd half of incident caught on video by woman on her balcony acros
road). Let's hope this isnt used as more sensationalist hype by the anti
cycling fraternity..

-