Cavendish or Griepel?? Who really is the fastest sprinter?

TexasTriathlete

Jan 13, 2011
I think Griepel is the fastest sprinter if given the same lead out train but cavendish is simply the smartest....your thoughts?

Oh and by the way, please take a look at an industry first reflective heat technology for cycling shoe insoles. I often wondered how long it would take for a product like this to finally reach our shores. Cycling shoes are generally not made with a lot of venting because of the high torque environment they are in so this invention is simply the greatest thing since pocket on a shirt. Love to hear your thoughts on this as well. Thanks!

Let see... Griepel pretty much had the same leadout train as Cav and what did he do at last years Giro? His leadout man got a win instead. At the Scheldeprijs, which is one of the races held in Flanders week and is seen as the sprinters classic, his other leadout guy, Renshaw, rode Greipel off his week in the finale. Renshaw finished top 5, Greipel - nowhere.

His ex-leadout man (Goss) got a sprint win at the recent TDU and beat Greipel a few other times for places.

Whenever he's up against a field of good sprinters Greipel has yet to deliver. He was fortunate at the Vuelta that he was up against a few good lads that were still trying to find some form.

Cav, at his main yearly goal just crushes. 15 stage wins in 3 years?

The arguement about who is fastest is where? There is no arguement.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frdU3_aKZNs

When you can just ride people who are sitting right behind you off your wheel you've got some serious speed.

And the leadout train arguement was kinda shot to sh1t last year when Renshaw was booted off the Tour. His main man gone - Cav still beat the worlds best for a few more wins.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6K_1Dnl0mdA

... and I hope that Renshaw takes the entire Garmin squad into the barriers at somepoint this year. Well, not really... but it'd be fun to hear Farrah-pants ***** about it despite the fact that Pettachi cut him up twice in that sprint way worse than Renshaw did.