Conti Grand Prix 4-season tires

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Michael, Jun 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael

Michael Guest

I love the regular Conti Grand Prix, though I also like the cheapo Sport 1000 (except that the wire
    bead makes it much harder to mount). I get about 3000 miles per tire on the rear.

I'm looking for tires for my new all-weather commuting bike (road bike with disc brakes), so better
    wet handling would definitely be beneficial and worth the extra $$$.

Any experience with the 4-season version? Are they really any better in wet weather or is it
    marketing hype?

Tags:

2. michael-<< I'm looking for tires for my new all-weather commuting bike (road bike with disc brakes),
    so better wet handling would definitely be beneficial and worth the extra $$$.

Any experience with the 4-season version? Are they really any better in wet weather or is it
    marketing hype?
    >><BR><BR>

They are aGran Prix tread on a kevlar bead version of Gatorskins. They won't be any better in the
    wet than GPs are. For a good all around tire, tough to beat Gatorskins...

Peter Chisholm Vecchio's Bicicletteria 1833 Pearl St. Boulder, CO, 80302
    (303)440-3535 http://www.vecchios.com "Ruote convenzionali costruite eccezionalmente bene"

3. G.Daniels

G.Daniels Guest

there's a chronic review of Conti TT in bike.tech at DIY bike/cable luber and while there take a
    gander at the "chain guard $2."

4. Michael

Michael Guest

g.daniels wrote:
    > there's a chronic review of Conti TT in bike.tech at DIY bike/cable luber and while there take a
    > gander at the "chain guard $2."

What the heck does this mean?

5. G.Daniels

G.Daniels Guest

[email protected] (Pete Hausner) wrote in message it cud mean that hausner works for Conti?
    search bike.tech for diy cable/bike luber and therein recently is an ongoing review of the TT. The-
    chain guard $2- is also searchable and effective, also in DIY if I remeber correctly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.