Critérium du Dauphiné Libéré

wicklow200 said:
Yes well it was clear that Contador didn't lift a finger to win this race. So obviously he was in sympathy with AV and gave him a free ride, or your theory that he's moving to C d'E. There's no pother explanation because he absolutely rode within himself.

Feel sorry for Evans in all this. He really broke his balls to do something but was just shadowed pretty easily by AC and AV, and its quite clear he will never beat Contdope at the Tour.

BTW the performance of Valverde on Ventoux was astonishing. Way off the radar for him. Anyone else think that?
Obviously Evans was thinking the same way... He didn't think Valverde can overtake the lead.

LewisBricktop said:
is it possible that the rumors surrounding contador's jump over to caisse d'epargne had something to do with his not really attacking for yellow? perhaps as a gesture of good will to the man that he might essentially replace for the tour? obviously this is in the realm of conspiracy theories for now, but it would be a cool story
I didn't hear the roumours about Contador going to CE, but regardless from that he now can count on a whole team that will probably support him in the following Tour de France. Valverde will probably not compete, and nobody else in CE will be a possible contender. So they will focus on mountain stage victories (needing the "getout ticket" from Astana), and this is ideal situation for Contador. If Astana allowed to race, he'll have not 8, but 17 riders to help him. Might also be his clever way of securing, that if the Armstrong/Leipheimer/Kloden gang don't support him, he'll need to find assistance from outside the group...hence Caisse d'Epargne. Makes sense?

wicklow200 said:
Yes well it was clear that Contador didn't lift a finger to win this race. So obviously he was in sympathy with AV and gave him a free ride, or your theory that he's moving to C d'E. There's no pother explanation because he absolutely rode within himself.

Feel sorry for Evans in all this. He really broke his balls to do something but was just shadowed pretty easily by AC and AV, and its quite clear he will never beat Contdope at the Tour.

BTW the performance of Valverde on Ventoux was astonishing. Way off the radar for him. Anyone else think that?
I doubt Evans threw everything at it as well. And I certainly wouldn't say it's clear he cant beat contador at the tour, Both time trials will suit evans better

adamastor said:
I didn't hear the roumours about Contador going to CE, but regardless from that he now can count on a whole team that will probably support him in the following Tour de France. Valverde will probably not compete, and nobody else in CE will be a possible contender. So they will focus on mountain stage victories (needing the "getout ticket" from Astana), and this is ideal situation for Contador. If Astana allowed to race, he'll have not 8, but 17 riders to help him. Might also be his clever way of securing, that if the Armstrong/Leipheimer/Kloden gang don't support him, he'll need to find assistance from outside the group...hence Caisse d'Epargne. Makes sense?
Very good point....Contador is a smart man.

Caisse's good chance of mountain stage wins would come from LLS and he would be a handy worker for Contador.

Scotttri said:
I doubt Evans threw everything at it as well. And I certainly wouldn't say it's clear he cant beat contador at the tour, Both time trials will suit evans better
Sorry Scottri, but if there are certainties in cycling, then that's one of them.

Barring a mishap, AC will finish ahead of Evans. He can hold his losses in the tt and then climb for fun in the mountains.

Can see Evans hanging on for a possible podium place though.