Cycling to work and hairstyles

Veater

May 28, 2016
So yes, I don't suppose this needs any further explanation! But what do you do to preserve your hairstyle if you cycle to work (or school or elsewhere)?

Obviously things like make-up and clothes can be reapplied when you get to the office, but hairstyles are a bit harder to throw together again after cycling to work, especially if your hair is all squished and electrostatic-y from the ride.

It's not a bad idea to set your hair in your desired style then put something like a hair net which you cover with a cap/woolly hat or whatever you prefer. By the time you get to your destination, your hair will not only free from the pollution from the traffic but it will be as you did it before you set off, maybe just a little touch up as you would do with makeup.

Pardon me but the title gave me a laugh. Truly, this belongs to the women's board. But in fairness to your thread, you have a point there. It is not only the women who are conscious of their hair. I have noticed when I would be riding with a group, expect the combs of the men when we go on a pit stop. There are males who automatically comb their hair upon removing the helmet. It is ironic because I don't mind my hair when I ride.

I just want to add the shampoo commercial of Sarah Geronimo, a famous singer here. Atop her motorcycle with a friend, they were going to an interview. In their destination, Sarah removes her helmet and the guy (presumably a hair dresser) offers to fix her hair. What Sarah did was to shake her head to show off that her hair is still okay. Thanks to that shampoo. Pardon me if this paragraph is not relevant.

This is the reason I DON'T cycle to work! My job is just to fat away and I'll show up my hair in disarray and pit stains from hell! So, I just can't do it or I'd probably end up losing my job. It's fantastic for people who don't have this problem though

I think if your hair is long enough then a nice low bun would be nice. That way all you need to have is a brush with you to touch up the edges. I wouldn't cycle to work because my hair is short and it can get out of hand.

If you have an unruly hair or a limp one then this should be a bit of a worry. I do not know how to deal with it myself so I always end up using a cap to cover the unsightly marks left on my hair by the head gear.

I keep dry shampoo with me in my bag because I don't just use it for making my hair look cleaner, I use dry shampoos that volumise too so it's a great way of sorting out your hair when it's been under a helmet.

Well, back when I have longer hair, I'd just put my hair in a low bun and remove it once I arrive at my destination. The result would be wavy and bouncy curls at the ends of my hair. It's actually cute especially when your hair is a little bit wet when you put it in a bun. Don't use a ponytail that's too tight though, just ones that are loose. And if you can, wear maybe a scarf around your hair to protect it from the smoke and heat.

Right now, I have short hair, just above my shoulders. It's kind of hard to maintain it when riding a bike. I just dry it completely with the electric fan before leaving the house. Then, I'd let it be as I ride. Sometimes, I'll put it in a low ponytail but that always leaves a mark.

Your other option would be braids and cute hair styles. This can work for both short and long hair. Just look up some tutorials on YouTube. Good luck!

My hair is curly, so it is always kind of wild, even without biking. However, you could always try to pull your hair up in a pony tail. Or you could do what I and my friends do sometimes. We braid our damp hair. Then you could ride with braided and take it down when you get to work so your hair will have a pretty wave to it. Besides that, I can only suggest packing a hair brush with you or using lots of hairspray.

My hair seems to get a weird wave no matter what I do with it. If I wear it behind my ears for 3 minutes, BOOM. By bye straightened hair for the rest of the day. When I worked at an actual building, I never rode to work because we were a business attire and I just don't want to have to worry about basically getting dressed at work.

If you have short hair, you can probably get away with it. I know that you can also put your hair in a beanie or hair net and it will help hold everything in place.

Sorry, little bit irrelevant stuff, but its about helmets.

So, I just watched The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo again and I noticed this funny little thing.
Lisbeth Salander arrives on a motorcycle, such a big entrance that shows her moody and edgy personality. She is clearly wearing a helmet.
And in the next shot she has a full-on hawked up hairstyle. I mean, the helmet totally would have pushed that down.

I keep my hair short for this very reason!
I buzz it on a weekly basis to a number 3 clipper.
My girl is always on my about growing it out and styling it.
But I ride bikes and motorcycle so I'm always wearing a helmet, hence short hair is necessary for my lifestyle.

My hair is so fly-away that everyday life makes it do weird things, let alone wearing a helmet or hat. People would often ask me in public why I never took off my hat if I wore one. The flattened look is why, because if I did the world would get a real laugh... or perhaps that is what they were all hoping for, I don't know. I don't work outside the home right now, but if I did cycle to work, I would likely just pull my hair back in a pony tail, take a comb and some hairspray with me in a tiny bottle and hope for the best.

I keep dry shampoo with me in my bag because I don't just use it for making my hair look cleaner, I use dry shampoos that volumise too so it's a great way of sorting out your hair when it's been under a helmet.
Good idea! Do you know about any side effects of the dry shampoos?

I understand the difficulty of messing up your hairstyle while riding a bicycle when going to work. It is really disappointing to know that you fixed your hair for how many minutes just to get ruined by the wind. Eventhough you put a helmet on, it could make your hair flat. That is why I don't fix my hair that well before riding and I will just fix it when I already arrived at my destination. You could also put some wax to hold your hair in its place.

Setting your hair in your form of mind isn't a nasty plan, then keep one thing like hair internet that you just cowl with a hat / woolen cap or no matter you wish. As long as you reach your destination, your hair won't solely be freed from traffic pollution, however it'll be because it was before you originated, perhaps simply bit a touch bit as you create up can accompany