Do you love your bike?

cfsmtb

New Member
Apr 11, 2003
4,963
Hey FD, Robin & Southern Cyclist, we've got a rival BUG reinventing themselves in the Peoples Republic of Moreland!

Yipppeeee!! :) :) :)

**************************

Do you love your bike?

Do you want to help make Brunswick the best cycling suburb in the WORLD?!?

The Brunswick Bicycle Users Group (BrunsBUG) invites you to join in BrunsBUG 2006, a workshop to help us plan our activities for the year ahead. This is your opportunity to get involved and get things moving!

We've had some exciting ideas already, including:

***Community events to promote cycling***

Cyclovia Sydney Road: one brilliant Sunday in May Sydney Rd will close to cars, and cyclists, trams and pedestrians will take over the street - with the full support of Council!

BrunsBUG is helping to organise this exciting event and there will be plenty of opportunities to get involved.

***Partnerships with local organisations***

The Asylum Seeker Resource Centre runs a recycled bicycle program for asylum seekers in the community.

Second hand bikes are easy to come by but suitable helmets, lights and locks are much more difficult to find.

BrunsBUG wants to think up some ways to assist this incredibly worthwhile program.

***Bike path art projects***

The time has come to turn the Upfield Path into a visual extravaganza!

***Advocacy projects ***

BUG members have plenty of opportunities to influence policies and funding decisions at the local, state and federal level, drawing on a wealth of experience and technical know-how. How can we give ourselves a louder, stronger voice?

We’ll be exploring these ideas and more at BrunsBUG 2006 Brunswick Town Hall Saturday 8th April from 2 - 4pm

All welcome - bring your imagination, your enthusiasm and as many bicycling buddies as you can muster!

To RSVP or for more information, contact Anna Strempel (Convenor) on 0418 933 774 [email protected]

cfsmtb said:
Hey FD, Robin & Southern Cyclist, we've got a rival BUG reinventing themselves in the Peoples Republic of Moreland!

<snort> vagabonds! we shall fight them on the bikepaths, we shall, oh hang on! they're on OUR side :rolleyes: </snort>

i really should check other posts BEFORE posting new threads. woopsee :D

flyingdutch said:
<snort> vagabonds! we shall fight them on the bikepaths, we shall, oh hang on! they're on OUR side :rolleyes: </snort>

i really should check other posts BEFORE posting new threads. woopsee :D

Expect to see good natured stoushs up on Park Street between the Bicycle Republic of Yarra, and the Peoples Republic of Moreland! Ditto the DarebinBUG mob getting bolshie while patroling the Merri Creek bikepath. And watch out for those latte-drinking toughnuts from MelbBUG muscling in on future turf wars!

Yaaaaa! Bikegangs are back!

Yes, YarraBUG have nifty range of stickers proporting that fact:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/51035538080@N01/112713921/

cfsmtb said:
Expect to see good natured stoushs up on Park Street between the Bicycle Republic of Yarra, and the Peoples Republic of Moreland! Ditto the DarebinBUG mob getting bolshie while patroling the Merri Creek bikepath. And watch out for those latte-drinking toughnuts from MelbBUG muscling in on future turf wars!

Yaaaaa! Bikegangs are back!

Yes, YarraBUG have nifty range of stickers proporting that fact:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/51035538080@N01/112713921/

Well, Euan and I shall hang out in Kingston and drink lattes by the beach. :cool:

SuzieB said:
Well, Euan and I shall hang out in Kingston and drink lattes by the beach. :cool:

I'd watch out for those rowdies from Whitehorse Cyclists BUG and Sandringham BUG .... :eek:

Hmmm. Must be good BUG weather, little varmints are turning up
everywhere. Moonee Valley just the other day, Maribyrnong a bit before
that, Nillimbuk has just got going too.

Maybe we should organise a "gathering of the clans"? Gotta wear your
colours, though!

Robin

persia said:
Maybe we should organise a "gathering of the clans"? Gotta wear your
colours, though!

YarraBUG club colours: Tigs socks - pulled right up until they almost reach the knick grippers. With a old Roy Boys long sleeved wool jersey :eek:

persia said:
Hmmm. Must be good BUG weather, little varmints are turning up
everywhere. Moonee Valley just the other day, Maribyrnong a bit before
that, Nillimbuk has just got going too.

Maybe we should organise a "gathering of the clans"? Gotta wear your
colours, though!

Robin

I bags the 'braveheart' look (with mullet) :D

persia said:
Hmmm. Must be good BUG weather, little varmints are turning up
everywhere. Moonee Valley just the other day, Maribyrnong a bit before
that, Nillimbuk has just got going too.

Maybe we should organise a "gathering of the clans"? Gotta wear your
colours, though!

Robin

hang on. did you say 'Nillimbuk' ?

when/who/how/what flavour?

On Wed, 15 Mar 2006 15:20:13 +1100, flyingdutch <[email protected]> wrote:

>SuzieB Wrote:
>> Well, Euan and I shall hang out in Kingston and drink lattes by the
>> beach. :cool:

>You'll need CF :rolleyes:

so which Cafe serves coffee in CF ?

Andre