I love my bike

Claes

New Member
Jul 5, 2004
I confess, I love my bike. Is that on ok thing?
I like my mtb, but love the roadie, or two out of three at least.
Anyone else that loves their bike/s?

Claes said:
I confess, I love my bike. Is that on ok thing?
I like my mtb, but love the roadie, or two out of three at least.
Anyone else that loves their bike/s?

As long as the affection remains reasonably platonic (even after long sweaty rides) and doesn't impact upon your interactions with non-cycling lifeforms, I can't really foresee any great problems. Many happy anniversaries ... :D

Claes wrote:
> I confess, I love my bike. Is that on ok thing?
> I like my mtb, but love the roadie, or two out of three at least.
> Anyone else that loves their bike/s?

yep!

On Sun, 23 Jul 2006 22:50:24 +1000, cfsmtb wrote:

> As long as the affection remains reasonably platonic (even after long
> sweaty rides) and doesn't impact upon your interactions with
> non-cycling lifeforms

What interaction, apart from avoiding collisions? They're either too fast
or too slow.

not only do i love my bike, but i love alot of other peoples bikes...
especially those bikes which are high maintainence, expensive, and have lots of travel (either vertically or horizontally) or are light and agile...

i dont find this free-spirited love of other peoples bicycles at all impinges on my 'relationships' with non-bicycloid life forms, if anything i think it improves it.
i ask them if i can ride their bike, and sometimes they let me. hours of thrilling, hard-riding fun ensues.

I’m not sure if I really love my bikes, but I tell you what I certainly love the way they make me feel.

Cutting through some kickarse single track on my Specialized Stumpjumper, ‘dancing on the pedals’ (excuse the Phil-ism) up a climb in the Dandenongs on my Crosslight or just popping over some stairs on my daily commute to/from work on the old rigid SS Apollo MTB ….. keeps me smiling.
:D

On Mon, 24 Jul 2006 08:41:57 +1000, asterope wrote:

> i ask them if i can ride their bike, and sometimes they let me. hours
> of thrilling, hard-riding fun ensues.

This usually only works if you do that suggestive things with your
eyebrows at the same time.

Michael Warner said:
On Mon, 24 Jul 2006 08:41:57 +1000, asterope wrote:

> i ask them if i can ride their bike, and sometimes they let me. hours
> of thrilling, hard-riding fun ensues.

This usually only works if you do that suggestive things with your
eyebrows at the same time.

ive got that suggestive eyebrow thing, as well as that innocent smile thing, down pat ;)

I love my bike so much we plan to marry later this year! Do you think she will still let me ride her as often after were married, or just birthdays and Christmas?

ADA23 wrote:
> I love my bike so much we plan to marry later this year!

That might be a serious mistake, unless she's titanium or steel.

Donga

Donga said:
That might be a serious mistake, unless she's titanium or steel.

A Merlin Cielo would keep even the most discerning bicycle lover *very happy*