do you pee off your bike?

Like a small aircraft pilot, just connect a "relief tube" from your shorts to an empty water bottle in the cage below.

Make sure you don't forget which bottle to use for drinking, however...:rolleyes:.
(No, that ISN'T another new Gatorade flavor.)

jggraham said:
jesus you guys are sick. if you do chuck a **** while you are racing and manage to win doesn't every one go, "hey look at that big wet patch around that guys crotch, he ****** his pants, hahaha" me personally i would not like to win if i was remembered for pissing my pants. but i suppose it would be funny
you would think yellow shorts would be more popular on the race front...:rolleyes:

GearGrinder said:
never had to pee during a race. The races here with their speed is so that if you stoped you would never catch back up. If you did you would of wasted a ton of energy. So I would HOLD it.

I wonder how many racers had contracted UTI then lol

There has been a problem here in San Diego with the weekend clubs who pee as they ride, but not in their shorts. Or they stop by the side of the road, anywhere, and whip it out and pee; the locals and the sheriff decided they had enough of this and clamped down on what they called indecent exposure. Since I am in no hurry on my rides, I prefer a nice, clean restroom and I am on my way.

When I use to race I never had to pee in the middle of a race. Even on long rides I do now where I'll go 100 miles or so I rarely don't have the need to pee till I return, but if I do have the need to pee then it's off to the weeds or where ever. I don't wear bibs just for that reason...but mostly I don't like the looks of them-a farmer on a bike!

ever wonder how the pros relieve themselves during a race?? if you've been watching any of the tour coverage, you'll hear Phil Liggett or one of the others say "natural break". such a nice way of saying "taking a ****"!

I'm pretty sure i've seen clips of other team riders holding on the handlebars of their teammates as they turn to the side and do their thing.

You can even accomplish the task on your own, while riding, with only one of your own hands on the bar.

As the pic shows, you really can pee with bibs on.

How are the indecent exposure laws in Canada? I read an article in bicycling magazine that in Europe they are a lot more lax than those of the United States so public urination isn't a problem so long as you're minding your own business.

In the U.S., it depends on what state you live in. Some people get arrested for being visibly naked in their own homes. Anyway, I just go wherever if I'm on a bike. After all, it's not like people haven't seen a penis before.

I'm sure we've all done some form of it. Behind trees, in a ditch, behind a buddy etc... I'm guilty of it this past Sunday. In farm country. Hey, nature called! A few cars did pass my buddy and I. No honking at all.

Not sure what the exact law states up here in Ontario, Canada. I'll check it out. Out of curiousity.