Feedback on Jan's gut...

barnstorm said:
CADENCE. I have seen him up his cadence when on attacks but never seen him spinning in the group on an 18% climb before. That was remarkable.

By the way, my wife had a really interesting observation about Ullrich. She noticed in Hell on Wheels that Ullrich's brother is actually fat.... not just above ideal cycling weight. She thinks Ullrich comes from one of those jolly fat families and he is the lone example of fitness. Coming from a family like that myself, I can relate to how difficult it is to maintain eating and training discipline and keep at an ideal weight. Can't underestimate the power of family influence.
Yeah i saw that too (CADENCE - my girlfriend even called me to tell me i should watch it on Eurosport at that moment, but... ofcourse i was already watching..) . And: yes Jan's brother doesn't look as if he doesn't get enough to eat...:D

barnstorm said:
wow, those pictures look really good and he looked very comfortable today, moving through the back of the group easily and did anyone notice the other huge difference?????

CADENCE. I have seen him up his cadence when on attacks but never seen him spinning in the group on an 18% climb before. That was remarkable.

By the way, my wife had a really interesting observation about Ullrich. She noticed in Hell on Wheels that Ullrich's brother is actually fat.... not just above ideal cycling weight. She thinks Ullrich comes from one of those jolly fat families and he is the lone example of fitness. Coming from a family like that myself, I can relate to how difficult it is to maintain eating and training discipline and keep at an ideal weight. Can't underestimate the power of family influence.
or genetics

bobke said:
or genetics

Yeah.
There's genetics for more than big bellys in that family.
The mechanic (stefan) was a decent runner (1500m?) but he
was forced to retire due to "health issues". Theres a younger
brother named Thomas who couldnt make it as a cyclist due to
a knee issue, IIRC.