Fruit jams for energy and health

Kakashi

Feb 3, 2018
Most people don't know that Fruit Jams are quite healthy it doesn't contribute cholesterol and fat unlike cheese, butter and other spreads.

Sugar Free Fruit Jams are packed with antioxidants that helps prevents cancer and promotes cardiovascular health.

Here's a simple Sugar Free Fruit Jam Recipe.

Blackberry Jam

125 grams Blackberry
1 tsp. Lemon Juice
80 ml water

Boil the blackberry in water, the natural pectin of the berry will help it to thicken. Add lemon juice and boil until jam consistency is attained, take off heat, cool down, and place into containers and seal.
IMG_20180524_103238_621.jpg

Fruit jams taste great. I mostly use mine as additional flavoring for snacks and desserts. Blueberry jam smells really good. But it may be somewhat of an acquired taste.

Fruit jams are one of my favorite spread for bread, and I mostly just have bread with jam, cheese, or peanut butter for breakfast when I don't have eggs, and it's already a very filling breakfast for me.

You know, it is pretty ironic when your family tends to put some butter before putting the fruit jam in bread. I've tried already the bread with butter and fruit jam and yes I agree with my family that it tastes good than without butter but I don't actually usually do it because the reason why we prefer to buy fruit jam is to prevent from over-taking cholesterol and other fatty contents in other spreads but I wonder why my family still putting some butter on their fruit jam sandwich. Anyway, my favorite fruit jam is STRAWBERRY JAM!

I think the strawberry jam is very popular in our country, and we always have this one, because some of my relatives living in baguio and this well known in their strawberry farm, and your right how healthy this fruit jams. However, I don't like the taste of this strawberry jam, and much better for me the strawberry wine.

Thanks for the tip. Jams are super great for energy, specially when you add them to oatmeal pancakes or smoothies. We don't have a lot of berries around here, but we use tropical fruits instead, so here you can find mango jam, passion fruit jam, and guava jam. Another recipe I like a lot, is to put the jam in the fridge, once it's hard enough you make little balls with it, prepare some oatmeal cupcakes mix, and add the jam balls to it, those taste delicious!.

You know, it is pretty ironic when your family tends to put some butter before putting the fruit jam in bread. I've tried already the bread with butter and fruit jam and yes I agree with my family that it tastes good than without butter but I don't actually usually do it because the reason why we prefer to buy fruit jam is to prevent from over-taking cholesterol and other fatty contents in other spreads but I wonder why my family still putting some butter on their fruit jam sandwich. Anyway, my favorite fruit jam is STRAWBERRY JAM!

Is it just butter or peanut butter? Peanut butter and fruit jam is quite a common combination in a sandwich. I never heard of anyone just using butter though.

This reminds me of my younger days when my mother would buy orange marmalade from the commissary of the US base in Clark, in the province of Pampanga. I love to spread the marmalade on the morning bread called pandesal. But when I became an adult, my taste had changed and I don't remember having fruit jam in my meals although sometimes I have the strawberry jam on the toast when I dine in Pancake, that's a specialty restaurant for breakfast. Anyway, I didn't know that fruit jams give us energy because in this modern time of diabetic population, it's only the sugar that is noticed in fruit jams.