Gear Overlap Calculator?

Smithy

Guest
I once had a spreadsheet that calculated the various overlapping gear rations for the 3 chain rings
and the 9 gear cassette. Does one still exist?

thanks

On Sat, 28 Jun 2003 10:20:09 -0400, "Smithy" <[email protected]> from MindSpring
Enterprises wrote:

>I once had a spreadsheet that calculated the various overlapping gear rations for the 3 chain rings
>and the 9 gear cassette. Does one still exist?

All over the place!

You don't even need a spreadsheet program any more. You can do it on the web:

http://www.panix.com/~jbarrm/cycal/cycal.30f.html

And that's only of them. Google "gear ratio calculator" and I'm sure you'll find several.
--
http://home.sport.rr.com/cuthulu/ human rights = peace My haircut is totally traditional!
4:19:33 PM 28 June 2003

Besides the other excellent suggestions already given, there's also a "Free Gear Ratio Calculator"
(for Windows) at http://www.techmarc.co.uk/gearcalc.htm

-- Tom

On Sat, 28 Jun 2003 10:20:09 -0400, "Smithy" <[email protected]> wrote:

>I once had a spreadsheet that calculated the various overlapping gear rations for the 3 chain rings
>and the 9 gear cassette. Does one still exist?
>
>thanks

I think what I had\was a little simpler. I misrepresented the question I think.

What I had was a REDUNDANT gear calculator. It visually showed which gears were similar at the
change points. I knew that if I dropped from middle/5 to granny/7 that I would be keeping the
same cadence.

thanks