Hair

Status
Not open for further replies.
"David Reuteler" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:3e8526e7$0$80689>
: well, you'll note she's not putting her hair in no stinking pony tail.

Fabrizio Mazzoleni <[email protected]> wrote:
: She really needed to crop that mange of hair and get some different colour going, I not sure just
: what the heck she was thinking back then, but a good Dutch female roadie would never have a frizzy
: hairball like that going on.

wow, i was just kidding. i wasn't looking at her hair.
--
david reuteler [email protected]

David Reuteler wrote:

> "David Reuteler" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:3e8526e7$0$80689>
>> well, you'll note she's not putting her hair in no stinking pony tail.
>
> Fabrizio Mazzoleni <[email protected]> wrote:
>> She really needed to crop that mange of hair and get some different colour going, I not sure just
>> what the heck she was thinking back then, but a good Dutch female roadie would never have a
>> frizzy hairball like that going on.
>
> wow, i was just kidding. i wasn't looking at her hair.

You were more interested in the bicycle?

--
Benjamin Lewis

Money is a powerful aphrodisiac. But flowers work almost as well. -- Lazarus Long

>Claire -- long hair just doesn't work on bikes. Especially when ya gotta wear helmets.

I don't have a problem with it at all!

Cheers, helen s

~~~~~~~~~~
Flush out that intestinal parasite and/or the waste product before sending a reply!

Any speeliong mistake$ aR the resiult of my cats sitting on the keyboaRRRDdd
~~~~~~~~~~

In article <[email protected]>, [email protected]
(wafflycathcsdirtycatlitter) writes:
>>Claire -- long hair just doesn't work on bikes. Especially when ya gotta wear helmets.
>
> I don't have a problem with it at all!

In this primeval, coastal part of the world, it _rains_. And when it does, it rains both without and
within one, all at the same time. It rains holistically -- in one's body, spirit, mind, and whatever
other existential extensions we might have.

We get wet. Thoroughly, extrinsically and intrinsically wet. We're permeatedly and permanently
soaked & sopped. If we spend too much time inland, we dehydrate, shrivel up like prunes, and long
for the familiar clammy, enshrouding, mystical mists.

Scots actually seem to like it, here. So do rhododendra.

Hair not always does.

cheers, Tom

--
-- Powered by FreeBSD Above address is just a spam midden. I'm really at: tkeats [curlicue] vcn
[point] bc [point] ca

>In this primeval, coastal part of the world, it _rains_. And when it does, it rains both without
>and within one, all at the same time. It rains holistically -- in one's body, spirit, mind, and
>whatever other existential extensions we might have.
>

Yup been there, done that, even if in a different geographical location. Do you know what squelshy
feet are like when the rain gets to your feet via the mesh tops of Look shoes??? EEEEWWWWW! ;-)

>We get wet. Thoroughly, extrinsically and intrinsically wet. We're permeatedly and permanently
>soaked & sopped. If we spend too much time inland, we dehydrate, shrivel up like prunes, and long
>for the familiar clammy, enshrouding, mystical mists

I am a coastal person myself - if I have preference - I like the smell of the sea, so I relate to
the inland bit - even though I am inland currently :)

>Scots actually seem to like it, here. So do rhododendra.
>
>Hair not always does.

Aye Jimme! Stitch that! ;-) I am part Scot myself. Must be the genes as my hair really doesn't mind
it and causes me no problems!

Cheers, helen s

~~~~~~~~~~
Flush out that intestinal parasite and/or the waste product before sending a reply!

Any speeliong mistake$ aR the resiult of my cats sitting on the keyboaRRRDdd
~~~~~~~~~~

"Fabrizio Mazzoleni" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...

> I've seen riders like Valentina Polkanova,

What about her team mate Lidia Arcangeli? She's got a good mop going.
<http://www.ciclismodonne.com/mb_inte/scheda_up.gif>

Van Den Brand even has pig tails -- http://www.ciclismodonne.com/foto/big/van%20der_xl.jpg
http://www.ciclismodonne.com/foto/big/vanderbrand_xl.jpg -- and I hate to break it to you, but I
have a yen for cyclocross.

> I remember last year you said your daughter got some Rabobank kit, Dutch female riders go for the
> short very bright look at events. They have their hair done in either their team colours or
> country colours depending on what kind of event they are riding.

My older daughter has no fashion sense. I also tried to find her pictures of Rabobank team riders
wearing that particular Rabobank team kit, but all I could find was pictures of them falling off the
bike. Not very inspirational. She has no sense of the outfit being particularly special.

Her younger sister, though, believes that any occasion can be enhanced with the right outfit. She
definitely envies her sister for her coordinated look. She's just got some ordinary black shorts and
a plain moss green REI kids jersey I got on clearance, and feels the deficit. The rate that her
older sister is growing, though, means that she'll get the orange jersey eventually. I could see her
dyeing her hair orange, too, just for the novelty. Her older sister would die of embarrassment.

Warm Regards,

Claire Petersky ([email protected]) Home of the meditative cyclist:
http://home.earthlink.net/~cpetersky/Welcome.htm

Singing with you at: http://www.tiferet.net/

Books just wanna be FREE! See what I mean at: http://bookcrossing.com/friend/Cpetersky

David Reuteler <[email protected]> wrote in message
> Claire Petersky <[email protected]> wrote:
> : http://www.ciclismodonne.com/foto/big/vanderbrand_xl.jpg -- and I hate to break it to you, but I
> : have a yen for cyclocross.
>
> cruelly i can't make out her bike -- it's cropped out.

Can you make it out from: http://www.cyclocrossworld.com/pics/2002/0203_worlds/DSCN0308.JPG

or

http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/2002/feb02/cxworlds/RKvdb.shtml?

Warm Regards,

Claire Petersky beautiful, relaxing day today in the sunshine -- hope you all had a good one, too!

"Claire Petersky" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
| David Reuteler <[email protected]> wrote in message
| > Claire Petersky <[email protected]> wrote:
| > : http://www.ciclismodonne.com/foto/big/vanderbrand_xl.jpg -- and I hate to break it to you, but
| > : I have a yen for cyclocross.
| >
| > cruelly i can't make out her bike -- it's cropped out.
|
| Can you make it out from: http://www.cyclocrossworld.com/pics/2002/0203_worlds/DSCN0308.JPG
|
| or
|
| http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/2002/feb02/cxworlds/RKvdb.shtml?
|
| Warm Regards,
|
| Claire Petersky beautiful, relaxing day today in the sunshine -- hope you all had a good
one, too!

As I recall, Beth Heiden was a rather fetching lass, seen at times in pig tails.

http://www.users.voicenet.com/~efbacon/Cycling/OldCycle/pages/Heiden.htm

They didn't seem to slow her down, either. ED3

In article <[email protected]>, [email protected]
(wafflycathcsdirtycatlitter) writes:
>>In this primeval, coastal part of the world, it _rains_. And when it does, it rains both without
>>and within one, all at the same time. It rains holistically -- in one's body, spirit, mind, and
>>whatever other existential extensions we might have.
>>
>
> Yup been there, done that, even if in a different geographical location. Do you know what squelshy
> feet are like when the rain gets to your feet via the mesh tops of Look shoes??? EEEEWWWWW! ;-)

Yes ;-) If you replace Looks with Carnacs, real Shimano SPuD shoes and ordinary street shoes. People
sneer at the bread bag approach, but it can actually work quite well. Over here, neoprene booties
are de rigeur, but I find them rather confining and stinky. Besides, I just wanna ride; not play
"Lloyd Bridges", wearing a bunch of wetsuit stuff.

>>We get wet. Thoroughly, extrinsically and intrinsically wet. We're permeatedly and permanently
>>soaked & sopped. If we spend too much time inland, we dehydrate, shrivel up like prunes, and long
>>for the familiar clammy, enshrouding, mystical mists
>
> I am a coastal person myself - if I have preference - I like the smell of the sea, so I relate to
> the inland bit - even though I am inland currently :)

If you ever come to Vancouver BC, look me up -- I'll treat you to a lovely feed of my geoduck clam
chowder. And an oolichan fish-fry, if I can find a batch of oolichans, and an hibachi to quickly
sear their fillets on. If you're finicky, I'll even cut the heads off.

>>Scots actually seem to like it, here. So do rhododendra.
>>
>>Hair not always does.
>
> Aye Jimme! Stitch that! ;-) I am part Scot myself.

If you come to Vancouver, bring me a lot of finnan haddie, and I'll be forever endebted to you :)

> Must be the genes as my hair really doesn't mind it and causes me no problems!

If I go out into the weather immediately after a hair-care regimen, I end up with a magnetic hair
day. Maybe I need a helmet with a conductive rubber strip that dangles down and drags on the
pavement. I'm bursting with potential <g>

Remember the band, "Status Quo"? My hair never quite reached that floor-sweeping length, but that
was what I was aspiring for, and I /almost/ made it. But it was much too much for me. It also made
me look too scary. Now, with my short college cut, I look like a cop, which is also scary. But at
least my hair dries fast outa the shower. When it was long, I used to have to wait for /hours/
before setting foot outside. Whutta hassle.

cheers, and the same around again, Tom

--