How many miles?

Someone took the time to kick me back into biking mid-summer, so I hit 2857 from July 1 through the end of the year, and did not count the 200-300 prior to that. Nice to have friends. Here is hoping we all have a good 2007.

in the last year about 1500 miles. But that also includes riding in the winter as that is for me biking to work and back every day lol.

Dont know a total (including general biking) can probably add on another 100 milesfor general biking atleast.

Last year, 3477 before my season was cut short in Sept. with an burst appendix.

This week I broke 10,000 miles in the past year. (feb 5th to feb 5th)

Even as a short month, everything is on track for another 1000+ mile month. This mild winter has been fantastic!

2006 total was 5,000 miles, including my indoor trainer. First time I tallied them up annually, but I can say with confidence that it was at least 1,000 more than any other year......and I am already behind this year.

Somewhat on topic - when I analyzed my month by month mileage I found some surprises and some things I expected.

First, setting goals; whether centuries or races kept me training religously = high mileage. My target race was in May.

Second, even though there was more daylight in summer, I found that I rode less. I attribute the mileage reduction due to the family expecting more out of me during the daylight hours and that without a summertime goal (race/century) I lacked motivation. Taking a beating at a race or feeling like you didn't prep properly really make you suffer and you realize you don;t want to do that again.

BTW, I live in So Cal, so weather is and should never be a factor for not riding. It all comes down to discipline and motivation.

Anyways, gotta go, I have some miles to make up this year.

cPritch67 said:
2006 total was 5,000 miles, including my indoor trainer. First time I tallied them up annually, but I can say with confidence that it was at least 1,000 more than any other year......and I am already behind this year.

Somewhat on topic - when I analyzed my month by month mileage I found some surprises and some things I expected.

First, setting goals; whether centuries or races kept me training religously = high mileage. My target race was in May.

Second, even though there was more daylight in summer, I found that I rode less. I attribute the mileage reduction due to the family expecting more out of me during the daylight hours and that without a summertime goal (race/century) I lacked motivation. Taking a beating at a race or feeling like you didn't prep properly really make you suffer and you realize you don;t want to do that again.

BTW, I live in So Cal, so weather is and should never be a factor for not riding. It all comes down to discipline and motivation.

Anyways, gotta go, I have some miles to make up this year.
Hehe :p nice...and be safe. ;)

Bikelyst said:
January 13 of this year????

Yea, now 922.17 since Jan 13 '07. I will be meeting my goal of doing 1000 miles by Feb 17 tomorrow... Perfectly planned.

BRING ON THE RACING SEASON! Collegiate Men's B won't know what hit 'em.

1st year with my road bike. May 1st thru Sept 17th 2530 miles. My goal this season is 3500 miles+ It's gonna be a great 07!!!!

PartisanRanger said:
That's insane... Don't you have a day job?
Aye.. well... not always "day", sometimes "eves." Can't get much better than my schedule.

NomadVW said:
This week I broke 10,000 miles in the past year. (feb 5th to feb 5th)

Even as a short month, everything is on track for another 1000+ mile month. This mild winter has been fantastic!

Super stuff - 10,000 miles is a great target to achieve.

I did 12,000 miles, in one year, two years ago.
Great to be able to get the miles in.

Bikelyst said:
For most of us the cycling season has come to a close and I was wondering what your odometers read at the end of the season. How many miles did you ride this year?

It was my first year and I logged about 1500 miles on my Fuji.
I dont have an odometer, but thanks for reminding me to put one on this spring!!