• 21-25 pounds

Votes: 810 62.3%
  • 26 pounds or more

Votes: 371 28.5%

• Total voters
Trek 1400
size 60
9,08 kg less pedals

Not the lightest out there but ok for the price I paid. I got a 25% discount as it is the 04 model.

In the last 6 months my weight has dropped from 13 stones and 1 pound to
12 stones and 4 pounds. A decrease of about 11 pounds. Consequently when I ride my bikes up a climb they all seem to be lighter.

manderson
cheltenham
uk

Randal Lovelace said:
I just weighed both of the bikes if have....

Huffy Blue Ridge 18sp MTB - 34 pounds.....

Lotus Elan 12sp Road bike - 25 pounds....

How much does the bike you ride weigh?
mines weighs 16 pounds

cdaler said:
'05 Giant TCR 2 Composite (out the box w/0 pedals):
8.04kg (17.7 lbs.)

Hey, that's almost the same weight as my LeMond Zurich and since I just bought new pedals, I'm about 18.5 lbs with cage and pedals. I see you have mostly 105 components too, pretty good weight for the price. Does 105 go as fast as Ultegra, you betcha!

bcwildthing said:
Hey, that's almost the same weight as my LeMond Zurich and since I just bought new pedals, I'm about 18.5 lbs with cage and pedals. I see you have mostly 105 components too, pretty good weight for the price. Does 105 go as fast as Ultegra, you betcha!
The drivetrain model (105 vs Ultegra) has less to do with "how fast" than the desire, and the legs of the cyclist!

Cannondale CAAD8 Optio frame with CF fork, Cannondale Hollowgram Si crank/bb, Mavic Ksyrium SL wheels with Hutchinson Fusion Comp 23c tires, USE Alien CF seat post, Fi'zi:k Aliante Carbon Team Edition saddle. full Campy Record CF/titanium group, Cinelli RAM CF integrated stem and handlebar with Checkpoint computer mount, Cateye 7 wireless computer, Time RSX Ti pedals, and Campy Record waterbottle holder = 15.62 lbs or 7.1 kg using calibrated digital scale at LBS

Specialized Sirrus Pro, CF flat bar; Shimano Ultegra derallers, Alex AT400 wheels with 28c Specialized Armadillo tires, Specialized Body Geometry Milano seat, Specialized cranks and bb, Shimano spd pedals, Shimano hydralic disc brakes, fake CF water bottle holder, rear 5 LED light with mount, Cateye 7 wireless computer = 23.4 lbs or 10.6 kg using calibrated digital scale at LBS.

Old single wall steel KHS hard tail mountain bike with various steel pieces lightend by corrosion except "alloy" kickstand, rear 5 LED light with mount, Cateye LED front light, Cateye 7 wireless computer, generic waterbottle holders, seat pack = 40 pounds or 18.2 kg using my bathroon scale.

oldhousedr said:
Cannondale Six13 R 5000 with 2 Profile carbon cages and Speedplay X2 pedals: 15.2 lbs.

Hey oldhouseedr,
Did you weigh this bike on a scale or just guess? This sounds lighter than the rid that went to the Tour with Lance Armstrong.

bcwildthing said:
Hey oldhouseedr,
Did you weigh this bike on a scale or just guess? This sounds lighter than the rid that went to the Tour with Lance Armstrong.
Digital scale at LBS

57cm 2000 Litespeed Saber with 2002 Zipp 909's 650c, full Dura Ace 10, Profile Aero Drink, Polar S725 HRM, Profile rear bottle holder, 2X Carbon cages, pedals, profile Carbon X aero bars but without chain or cables (haven't put them on yet)= 18.47 Lbs and bike shop. I figure high 17 without all the other stuff.

My Bike Nashbar race SIS is 26 Lbs. with aero bars. I have only replaced drive components. The 20 years old bike doesn’t owe me anything. I can't decide on a new one, carbon or titanium.

Rich

My 1981 Fuji road bike with Shimano chainset, gears, brakes and Wolber rims comes in at 22lbs.

OK I'll bite, I weighed mine the way I usually ride it, with lighting system, road salt, water bottles, your basic commuting junk 19.4 lbs. Cdale r1000 with sum lighter junk on it than came on it.

bcwildthing said:
Hey oldhouseedr,
Nah, sub-16lbs is easy with a little determination and a lot of cash. Today's high-end aluminum and carbon frames get under 3lbs easy, even in larger sizes. Make a few weight-conscious decisions as you spec up, and before you know it, you've got a bike which is lighter than a lot of pro rigs.

Well I have a Trek Madone 5.9 Tour version of 2004. Total weight 6.8 kg. Build up with Shimano Dura Ace and American Classic 350 speed wheels with tune hubs and DTswiss spokes. Veloflex and maxxis (inner)tires.

My 2004 Gitane Mach 2200 weighs in at 8.1kg, but about 9kg on the bathroom scales with all the riding stuff on it.