I finally have my road bike!

I Looked into insuring my bike but it costs $750 per year (for a $5000 bike)and there are too many restrictions. eg not covered if you have a crash in a race or organised event eg audax ride or if stolen while it is not locked up

[quote author=Gear Grinder link=board=6;threadid=2500;start=15#21662 date=1034815202]<br />I Looked into insuring my bike but it costs $750 per year (for a $5000 bike)and there are too many restrictions. eg not covered if you have a crash in a race or organised event eg audax ride or if stolen while it is not locked up<br />[/quote]<br /><br />Yet it costs $600 to insure a $25,000 car ??? and your car's covered whether you're at fault or not .

Fortunately for us here in SA, a company took the initiative and got an urderwriter to insure bikes here. All risks. The premiums are quite hefty, but peace of mind doesn't come cheap.<br /><br />My insurance costs me about R2500 a year and my bike is worth just over R30k, so it's not a steep as your premiums. All the parts are specified and are insured for replacement.

Insurance- yeah still trying to sort that one out, under Cycling NSW i get insured if i am at club training or races but not if i am off doing my own thing, i have contents insurance if it gets stolen from home too.. so yeah.. am trying to find someone to insure me..!

Could be that we've got a new one by now again. He wanted her to get biking faster so he paid the balance. Bring him when you go to put more cash on it. Layaway is a good idea.