I joined the ranks of the infamous elite

"Paladin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> GeeDubb wrote:
>>
>> I saw the line, tried to be the line and it kicked my ass but it will be
>> there for another day in some 2 months or so.
>>
>> Gary

> [ahem...] at um, er, *our age*, it might take longer than 2 mos
> depending on how nasty the break. Mine took about 6, but it was
> pulverized into a jumbe of about 6 pieces.
>
> Just needed to throw a little sunshine and encouragement your way,
> buddy. I guess I could mail more beer, eh?
>
> CDB

Thanks for the beer offer but I'll probably not drink much since I'm not
riding. I'm already overweight and this time of the year will add 10-15 lbs
more w/o exercise...

never mind...send the beer :)

beer + percocet = feel good

As for the break, they didn't tell me how bad it was and I didn't see the
x-ray. Friday am appt. with the ortho Dr. and film review will shed more
light on the recovery.

Puts a damper in the January riding plans I was trying to make with
out-of-staters such as yourself....

Gary (kicking self in butt)

> Heal quick Gary! I may be back out there in the spring. I'll buy you and
> Scott each a margarita if I do.
>
> Mike

I'm making a note of this.

Free Marg I will not pass on!

Gary

""Slack\"@" <"Slack\"@½³.org"> wrote > As common as this injury is, I can't
believe I've escaped the snappage.
> But then again, my c-bone is stronger than a KFC wish bone :p
>

> Speedy recovery Mr GeeDubb! Time to roast some mean beans to chase down
> the vicodin :)
> _____
> Slack

10+ years w/o a clavicle injury and some dozens of otb experiences so I'm
considering myself lucky. I hit harder than I ever have on one large
boulder. Funny thing is, I usually fall to my left and this time I fell to
my right.

Looks like I'll have plenty of time to roast them beans. I'll have to order
some more variety as I've a limited supply.

Thanks to all for the words of support.

Gary (getting stinky now) W.

Shawn wrote:
> GeeDubb wrote:
>
>> I felt good and did some drops I wouldn't normally do due to the
>> coaching the past weekend by JD. Then the inevitable happened....I
>> lived up to my "Crash" nickname and managed a spectacular OTB on a
>> nasty drop into a wash. Going in, I hadn't heard that one of the
>> better technical riders had crashed seconds before me on the same
>> drop.....duh......hind sight and all.

> Wow, bummer. Merry F#&%!ng Christmas huh? Heal well and remember
> yesterday was the shortest day of the year so you've got lots of time
> to recuperate before prime season.
>
> Shawn

Gary lives in Phoenix, AZ...this IS prime season. :^(

Mike

Michael Dart wrote:
> Shawn wrote:
>
>>GeeDubb wrote:
>>

>>>I felt good and did some drops I wouldn't normally do due to the
>>>coaching the past weekend by JD. Then the inevitable happened....I
>>>lived up to my "Crash" nickname and managed a spectacular OTB on a
>>>nasty drop into a wash. Going in, I hadn't heard that one of the
>>>better technical riders had crashed seconds before me on the same
>>>drop.....duh......hind sight and all.

>>Wow, bummer. Merry F#&%!ng Christmas huh? Heal well and remember
>>yesterday was the shortest day of the year so you've got lots of time
>>to recuperate before prime season.
>>
>>Shawn

> Gary lives in Phoenix, AZ...this IS prime season. :^(

Thought he was down there. I can relate, I trashed my knee at the start
of the season last year. Spent the best months going to PT :p

Shawn