I now believe that all Tour de France winners have doped

SteveASmith

Guest
Sorry, that includes Lance. I now have as much faith in cycling that I do in
baseball. Merckx was honest, after that it's anybody's guess. The riders are
always one step ahead of the testing labs.

SteveASmith wrote:
> Merckx was honest,

That's minus a couple million credibility points.

What makes you believe Merckx was clean?

"SteveASmith" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Sorry, that includes Lance. I now have as much faith in cycling that I do
> in baseball. Merckx was honest, after that it's anybody's guess. The
> riders are always one step ahead of the testing labs.

Yeah, remember, Merckx won races consistently from February through
October. If anyone was a candidate, he was. He rode during the
emergence of amphetamines. Powerful stuff.

JS wrote:
> What makes you believe Merckx was clean?
>
> "SteveASmith" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Sorry, that includes Lance. I now have as much faith in cycling that I do
> > in baseball. Merckx was honest, after that it's anybody's guess. The
> > riders are always one step ahead of the testing labs.

"SteveASmith" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Sorry, that includes Lance. I now have as much faith in cycling that I do in baseball.
> Merckx was honest, after that it's anybody's guess. The riders are always one step ahead
> of the testing labs.

Other than testing positive at a drug test during the 1969 Giro.

Well, he did (allegedly) test positive for something (ephedrine???) in the
1969 giro.

<[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Yeah, remember, Merckx won races consistently from February through
> October. If anyone was a candidate, he was. He rode during the
> emergence of amphetamines. Powerful stuff.
>
> JS wrote:
>> What makes you believe Merckx was clean?
>>
>> "SteveASmith" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...
>> > Sorry, that includes Lance. I now have as much faith in cycling that I
>> > do
>> > in baseball. Merckx was honest, after that it's anybody's guess. The
>> > riders are always one step ahead of the testing labs.

No claim of 'clean' was made

'Clean' versus 'honest' is very different

news:[email protected]...

Jack Maars wrote:
> "SteveASmith" <[email protected]> wrote:
> > Sorry, that includes Lance. I now have as much faith in cycling that I do in baseball.
> > Merckx was honest, after that it's anybody's guess. The riders are always one step ahead
> > of the testing labs.
> >

> Other than testing positive at a drug test during the 1969 Giro.

Merckx was honest - he honestly tested positive. It's
today's riders that have no respect for tradition. They
don't test positive - that's how you can tell they're dishonest.

Ben
RBR Ministry of Truth

On Fri, 30 Jun 2006 18:15:27 -0400, "SteveASmith" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Sorry, that includes Lance. I now have as much faith in cycling that I do in
>baseball. Merckx was honest, after that it's anybody's guess. The riders are
>always one step ahead of the testing labs.

Eddie was honest. He was also taking lots of speed.

Ron