Islam and Bicycling in NYC

On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 09:59:04 +0100, Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:

> So South Africa still has Apartheid? Bummer!

Again, shithead, it wasn't the UN which accomplished that.

Ruben

On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 21:53:42 +0100, Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:

> According to my recollection, it was a combination of external
> sanctions and internal pressure which achieved change.

Yeah, 30 years too late with all those useless UN resolutions.

Ruben

On Thu, 30 Sep 2004 23:08:39 -0400, Ruben Safir <[email protected]>
wrote:

>> Yes, that was pretty much the point. Peaceful regime change, no
>> invasion required.

>yeah but it wasn't you enslaved or rotting in jail for 30 years, so it is
>no sweat off your back...

Have you asked Mr Mandela whether he would have preferred a violent
solution? A number of people asked him that along the years
(including when he was on Robben Island) and his answer was pretty
consistently "no". And he /was/ the one rotting in jail.

Guy
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

On Thu, 30 Sep 2004 23:16:12 -0400, Ruben Safir <[email protected]>
wrote:

>> Ah, so you were just making an exception for Iraq, because it happened
>> to have lots of oil and Dubya had a score to settle for Poppy. Well
>> that makes sense.

>Good
>I'm glad your beginning to understand the problems unique to this case.

I never had any trouble understanding why Iraq was singled out for
invasion: oil and score-settling. My issue has always been with the
sheer volume of lies told to try to persuade those who did not
consider they had a personal score to settle, or who think that
invading a country to let rich oilmen get richer is not necessarily
the most moral course open to us.

Maybe Bush's bracelet now reads "who would Jesus kill?"

Guy
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

On Thu, 30 Sep 2004 23:15:10 -0400, Ruben Safir <[email protected]>
wrote:

>> Fine, so when are you intending to go into Saudi?

>They are committing genocide?

Selective. The regime in Saudi is every bit as oppressive as Saddam,
and Robert Mugabe is probably worse.

>> Palestine?

>No such place. But if you mean in Israel, our support of the Jews has them has so far
>worked as a policy from those racist arabs nuts.

Enough said. Perhaos you haven't noticed the number of UN resolutions
Israel is in breach of? They are called "occupied territories"
because they are illegally occupied by Israel.

But the tone of your comment leads me to believe that you are unlikely
to be rational on the subject of Israel.

Guy
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

On Thu, 30 Sep 2004 23:11:49 -0400, Ruben Safir <[email protected]>
wrote:

>> What is it that marks out Saddam Hussein from all the other brutal
>> dictators in the world? Some possibilities:

>Maybe because he was sitting on 73 trillion dollars of oil assetts which
>he could use to buy, bribe and steal nuclar weapons.

Er, except that he didn't. Ever. Unlike Pakistan and India who are
hovering on the brink of a "hot" war, and we're sending them
technology and equipment.

>You can call that
>Oil politics if you want, but I don't give a ****. I'm just glad the
>****er is gone.

Who isn't? Apart form all the dead Iraqis, obviously, and the ones
who wish he was back again because there is no law and order there,
but that will eventually improve.

The point is that Saddam was no worse than many other dictators, and
that regime change by violence tends to lead to violence in turn (cf.
the Balkans). Ironically one fairly likely outcome in Iraq at present
is an upsurge in Islam leading to the end of the secular state there.

Guy
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

On Thu, 30 Sep 2004 23:18:43 -0400, Ruben Safir <[email protected]>
wrote:

>> So South Africa still has Apartheid? Bummer!

>Again, shithead, it wasn't the UN which accomplished that.

Presumably you think it was Uncle Sam. You are a ****.

In the trollbox with you, I think.

Ruben Safir wrote:

>On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 09:58:14 +0100, Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:
>

>>What is it that marks out Saddam Hussein from all the other brutal
>>dictators in the world? Some possibilities:
>>

>Maybe because he was sitting on 73 trillion dollars of oil assetts which
>he could use to buy, bribe and steal nuclar weapons. You can call that
>Oil politics if you want, but I don't give a ****. I'm just glad the
>****er is gone.
>
>Ruben

Yet there was no evidence that he was pursuing such a program. In fact,
prior to 9/11, the Bush administration insisted that sanctions were
working and that no further steps need be taken.

Omar Khadaffi is a terrorist. He shot down an airliner full of
civilians. He's put up money for assasinations all over the world. He
has harbored many terrorists. He's sitting on a huge resovoir of oil. He
continues to engage in terrorist activites. He is a friend to the Bush
administration.

Why single Saddam out? Why not invade all the nations that have money?

Jack Dingler

Ruben Safir wrote:

>On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 21:12:50 +0100, Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:
>

>>Fine, so when are you intending to go into Saudi?
>>

>They are committing genocide?
>
> Zimbabwe?
>

>Right after we get done with Iran and N Korea
>
>China? As soon as possible without blowing up the world
>

>>Indnesia?
>>

>That would be Indonesia
>We'll leave that one for the French
>

>> Palestine?
>>

>No such place. But if you mean in Israel, our support of the Jews has them has so far
>worked as a policy from those racist arabs nuts.
>

>Ruben

Ahhh, then your goal really is to have the world enslaved by the US.

Jack Dingler

Ken [NY) wrote:

>On Thu, 30 Sep 2004 22:30:15 +0100, "Just zis Guy, you know?"
><[email protected]> claims:

>>> I think we have done plenty to help people throughout the
>>>world. Maybe the French, the Germans and the Russians would like to
>>>shoulder the burden for a change.
>>>

>>Ah, so you were just making an exception for Iraq, because it happened
>>to have lots of oil and Dubya had a score to settle for Poppy. Well
>>that makes sense.
>>

> There also had been extensive links between al-Qaeda and Iraq,
>which you forgot to mention:

Well, I'll grant there were some communications. OBL though made it
clear that Saddam was working with the infidels and was an enemy.

But don't forget there are very real extensive links between the US Gov
and Al Queda. The US Gov financed the Al Queda and provided training,
support and logistics in order to help them kill as many Russians as
possible in Aghanistan. If it weren't for the US Gov, Al Queda wouldn't
have the skills and resources it possesses today. It might not even
exist if it weren't for our support in the 1980s.

Jack Dingler

On Fri, 01 Oct 2004 15:38:04 GMT, "Ken [NY)" <[email protected]>
wrote:

>- Al-Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden "explored possible cooperation with
>Iraq during his time in Sudan."
>- "A senior Iraqi intelligence officer reportedly made three visits to
>Sudan, finally meeting bin Laden in 1994."
>- "Contacts between Iraq and al-Qaeda also occurred after bin Laden
>had returned to Afghanistan."

By those standards you had better invade the UK as well - we had many
Government-level contacts with Saddam. Come to think of it, you need
to invade the US, because **** Cheney used to do a lot of business
there.

Guy
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

On Fri, 01 Oct 2004 16:04:01 GMT, "Ken [NY)" <[email protected]>
wrote:

>The statement is often made that Saddam was not all that bad,
>but nobody seems to be able to answer this question: Name one as bad
>as Saddam

I did. Mugabe. You can cherry-pick some atrocities he dod not
commit, but overall he is every bit as bad. And there are plenty of
others.

Guy
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

On Fri, 01 Oct 2004 16:07:27 GMT, "Ken [NY)" <[email protected]>
wrote:

>• "A senior Iraqi intelligence officer reportedly made three visits to
>Sudan, finally meeting bin Laden in 1994."

You gonna bomb the CIA next, then? Remember who trained Al-Qaeda?
That's genuine links, not just "they talked, they disagreed, they hate
each other's guts".

Ruben Safir wrote:

> On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 09:58:14 +0100, Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:
>
> > They were trying. Blix wanted them to keep trying.

> Blix didn't want to do a damn thing until after the US had decided to
> remove the fasicst from power. And nothing Blix did would have actually
> removed him from power, which when you get down to brass tacts, is the
> freaken point, right.

WOMD FOUND TO DATE=ZERO.

--

http://www.bushflash.com/thanks.html
"Bubba got a BJ, BU$H screwed us all!" - Slim

VOTE HIM OUT! November 2, 2004

On Fri, 01 Oct 2004 21:44:43 +0000, slim wrote:

> WOMD FOUND TO DATE=ZERO.

What is WOMD? Does that mean something.

How much Ruben cares about Bix and the UN

TO DATE=ZERO

How much I care that Saddam Hussien is out of power

TO DATE = 100%

Now I'll feel better when we attack Iran from Iraq

Bush might finally do this and end 30 years of Terror.

Ruben

On Fri, 01 Oct 2004 20:21:04 -0400, Ruben Safir <[email protected]>
wrote in message <[email protected]>:

>How much Ruben cares about Bix and the UN

Is that Bix near Henley-on-Thames?

If you're going to try to score pedant-points, you have to be more
careful than that.

And now you go in the trollbox on my /other/ computer :)

Ken [NY) wrote:

>On Thu, 30 Sep 2004 16:45:52 GMT, Jack Dingler <[email protected]>
>claims:

>>> My suggestion: find better news sources.
>>>

>>I've listened to a brain damaged drug addict name Rush Limbaugh. He
>>agrees with you. The sources I've used include the Dallas Morning News
>>and CBS.
>>

> You seem to have a pretty good sense of humor, so I am going
>to assume the CBS thing is a joke. Please tell me Dan Rather is not
>one of your sources.

You can add in NBC, etc... It was mainstream news until it became taboo
to discuss it.

>>> Besides extremely ugly sweaters, what do the Balkans produce
>>>that is vital to US interests? And don't say the Yugo. They had no
>>>WMD, they never even thought to attack our cities. Why then are we
>>>still there since the wonderful UN troops are there already, cringing
>>>behind buildings.
>>>

>>There is oil there. There are also oil pipelines there.
>>

> I think this is another example of poor news sources. Bill
>Clinton in 1999 employed an oil embargo on Yugoslavia. That, in case
>you live in Palm Beach County, Florida, means they IMPORT oil.
>http://www.cnn.com/US/9904/20/us.kosovo.01/
> I still want to know if they produce anything vital to
>American interests. Those sweaters can't be that important.
> One more thing - what exactly is wrong with getting oil for
>our country if the Balkans actually had oil? I never figured that one
>out.

Exactly, that's what imperialism is about. It's about colonizing other
soveriegn nations and taking their resources. There's lots of historical
precedent to this.

>>> We also traded with Germany and Japan before the war. Much of
>>>the steel we sold to the Japs ended up landing on our battleships at
>>>Ford Island, and the Germans used tank suspension systems invented
>>>here in the US. (Christy). The Rolls-Royce aircraft engines sold to
>>>Germany by England came back powering the bombers that hit London.
>>> I could list more if you wish. But it is nonsense in the end
>>>to blame our own country for terrorism, if that is what you are
>>>getting at.
>>>

>>Even during WWII Prescott Bush continued to sell munitions to both
>>Germany and the US. So we're in agreement. It's not really about
>>security, but commerce.
>>

> Ok, I'll buy that. We were attacked by Japan for precisely
>that reason - commerce and lack of oil supply. Germany expanded during
>WW2 for similar reasons.
>

>>Check out the UN website and read the archived reports, going back to
>>the late 1980s Ken. I did. It's fascinating stuff and tells a different
>>story than the national radio drug addict.
>>

> The UN is another poor source, given the huge UN Oil-for-food
>scandal that top UN leaders, the French, the Germans and the Russians
>were involved in:
>

><snip>

If you think the whole batch is spoiled by a few bad apples and none of
their agency reports are correct, then it follows that anyone who's ever
been involved with an organization that has had some corrupt members,
can be trusted. For instance, the US government has had it's share of
bad apples, therefore, anyone who's ever been paid by the US Gov is
untrustworthy... At least your logic leads there.

If you think about it, the reports that show that the Iraqi situation
had turned around, would've been bad news for the corrupt members of the
organization. It's the opposite of what they would've wanted to hear
about. In fact, the continued need for sanctions is something they would
have pressed to keep the gravy train rolling. So convincing folks like
you that a problem still persisted would've been the corrupt goal for
lining their pockets, making folks like you a pawn for their evil schemes.

Jack Dingler

Ken [NY) wrote:

>On Fri, 01 Oct 2004 08:55:39 +0100, "Just zis Guy, you know?"
><[email protected]> claims:
>

>>>You can call that
>>>Oil politics if you want, but I don't give a ****. I'm just glad the
>>>****er is gone.
>>>

>>Who isn't? Apart form all the dead Iraqis, obviously, and the ones
>>who wish he was back again because there is no law and order there,
>>but that will eventually improve.
>>
>>The point is that Saddam was no worse than many other dictators
>>

> The statement is often made that Saddam was not all that bad,
>but nobody seems to be able to answer this question: Name one as bad
>as Saddam, including rape rooms and mass graves and attempting to kill
>one of our presidents.

Omar Khaddafi hasn't tried to kill one of our presidents, but he is a
terrorist. Has tried to have other world leaders assinated. He's famous
for shooting down airliners full of Scottish citizens. He's also
promoted and funded terrorist activities all over the world. He has done
so by contracting Haliburton to work his oil fields then sending the
proceeds to terorrist organizations to commit terrorist acts.

He's aslo a good buddy of **** Cheney and pals with the Bush administration.

You see, there are good terrorists and bad terrorists. I suppose had he
shot down an airliner with more Americans in it, he'd be evil. But since
most of the passengers were Scottish it makes him a good terrorist.

Besides, Haliburton had a lot of terrorist profits tied up by UN
Sanctions. How are they supposed to move their money out of Libya and
Syria as long as Libya is considered a bad terrorist nation and not a
good terrorist nation?

Jack Dingler

On Sat, 02 Oct 2004 18:26:47 +0000, Jack Dingler wrote:

> Exactly, that's what imperialism is about. It's about colonizing other
> soveriegn nations and taking their resources. There's lots of historical
> precedent to this.

Oh

I understand. Those nasty americans are imperialist!!

ROFL. What a ****ing ASSHOLE you sound like.

Ruben

On Sat, 02 Oct 2004 18:32:40 +0000, Jack Dingler wrote:

> He's aslo a good buddy of **** Cheney and pals with the Bush administration.

They had tea just last night.

I have pictures. Want to see them?

Ruben