Jeanson banned for life

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Ewoud Dronkert, Jan 19, 2006.

  1. For EPO use: http://www.940news.com/locale.php?news=2020

    "The US tests weren't the first time Jeanson had tested positive and
    that's why she was banned for life." -- that would be a no-show at the
    drugsmobile after the 2003 Flèche Wallonne, and hematocrit too high before
    Worlds 2004.

    --
    E. Dronkert

    Tags:

  2. Robert Chung

    Robert Chung Guest

    Ewoud Dronkert wrote:
    > For EPO use: http://www.940news.com/locale.php?news=2020
    >
    > "The US tests weren't the first time Jeanson had tested positive and
    > that's why she was banned for life." -- that would be a no-show at the
    > drugsmobile after the 2003 Flèche Wallonne, and hematocrit too high
    > before Worlds 2004.

    When did she test positive?

  3. Robert Chung wrote:
    > When did she test positive?

    From Belgian teletext: "After a race in Pennsylvania Jeanson tested
    positive for epo-use."

    --
    E. Dronkert

  4. Robert Chung

    Robert Chung Guest

    Ewoud Dronkert wrote:
    > Robert Chung wrote:
    >> When did she test positive?

    > From Belgian teletext: "After a race in Pennsylvania Jeanson tested
    > positive for epo-use."

    Was I asleep when she tested positive?

    Recall she was riding with a USAC license because she couldn't get one in
    Canada.

  5. mtb Dad

    mtb Dad Guest

    I believe the no-show counts as the first positive. Toona is the
    second-strike-yer-out. But anyway, her doctor admitted publicly giving
    her EPO, then recanted. I can't imagine there is much doubt.

  6. Ewoud Dronkert wrote:
    > For EPO use: http://www.940news.com/locale.php?news=2020
    >
    > "The US tests weren't the first time Jeanson had tested positive and
    > that's why she was banned for life." -- that would be a no-show at the
    > drugsmobile after the 2003 Flèche Wallonne, and hematocrit too high before
    > Worlds 2004.

    Dumbass -

    The way she used to flaunt it - breaking away solo every single day of
    a stage race . . .

    She's getting what she deserves.

    thanks,

    K. Gringioni.

  7. Robert Chung

    Robert Chung Guest

  8. >
    > "The US tests weren't the first time Jeanson had tested positive and
    > that's why she was banned for life." -- that would be a no-show at the
    > drugsmobile after the 2003 Flèche Wallonne, and hematocrit too high before
    > Worlds 2004.

    Abut taught her to cheat, it's sad she might have been a champion
    without the drugs, but we'll never know if what we saw was real, or not. I
    think everyone knew, some of those races she looked like the bionic woman
    compared to the rest, it was unreal, and was.

  9. Scott

    Scott Guest

    Ceasar Valeroso wrote:

    > > "The US tests weren't the first time Jeanson had tested positive and
    > > that's why she was banned for life." -- that would be a no-show at the
    > > drugsmobile after the 2003 Flèche Wallonne, and hematocrit too high before
    > > Worlds 2004.

    > Abut taught her to cheat, it's sad she might have been a champion
    > without the drugs, but we'll never know if what we saw was real, or not. I
    > think everyone knew, some of those races she looked like the bionic woman
    > compared to the rest, it was unreal, and was.

    Everyone seems to think that because she was so dominant she must've
    been cheating, yet we forget that every so often a true phenomenon
    comes along (usually in the jr ranks, and continuing for awhile in the
    elites/pros). Think of how Lemond crushed the jr's and elite amateurs
    while still quite young.

    Maybe, just maybe, she was one of those phenoms. I doubt very
    seriously she was doping in the early years of her career. Whether she
    was in the last few years, I don't know. I will NOT jump to
    conclusions that she must have been just because she won.

  10. Oh - you mean a true phenom like Adam Bergman? Straight out of
    anonymity from the stick of MN to winning NRC races in his first year?

  11. Scott wrote:

    > Maybe, just maybe, she was one of those phenoms. I doubt very
    > seriously she was doping in the early years of her career.

    Dumbass -

    I don't.

    And it's not because of "crushing" the juniors.

    Riding world class women off her wheel just a few miles into a 70 mile
    road race. Doing that 5 days in a row. TT times in the top 10 of the
    men on the same course on the same day. Stuff like that.

    Oh ya. And the coach. She had that same coach when she was a junior.

    Even that isn't enough evidence, really, to say that someone
    unquestionably doped. But: repeatedly failing the hematocrit tests.
    There's only one logical conclusion.

    thanks,

    K. Gringioni.

  12. On 19 Jan 2006 14:05:04 -0800, "Scott" <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >Maybe, just maybe, she was one of those phenoms.

    I think it was both. Teere are some top male pros that are probably
    doping and phenonoma too. That's what it takes. Plus a buttload of
    training and planning.

    JT

    ****************************
    Remove "remove" to reply
    Visit http://www.jt10000.com
    ****************************

  13. B. Lafferty

    B. Lafferty Guest

    "Scott" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    "Maybe, just maybe, she was one of those phenoms. I doubt very
    seriously she was doping in the early years of her career. Whether she
    was in the last few years, I don't know. I will NOT jump to
    conclusions that she must have been just because she won."

    That must be it. That would explain many dominating performances in the
    peloton since, say the early 1990s. Wink, wink.

  14. Scott

    Scott Guest

    B. Lafferty wrote:
    > "Scott" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    >
    > "Maybe, just maybe, she was one of those phenoms. I doubt very
    > seriously she was doping in the early years of her career. Whether she
    > was in the last few years, I don't know. I will NOT jump to
    > conclusions that she must have been just because she won."
    >
    > That must be it. That would explain many dominating performances in the
    > peloton since, say the early 1990s. Wink, wink.

    You guys are so easy...

  15. Howard Cohen

    Howard Cohen Guest

    How would the "drugs" affect her performannce in th sack ? She is kinda
    cute.
    news:[email protected]

  16. B. Lafferty wrote:
    > "Scott" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    >
    > "Maybe, just maybe, she was one of those phenoms. I doubt very
    > seriously she was doping in the early years of her career. Whether she
    > was in the last few years, I don't know. I will NOT jump to
    > conclusions that she must have been just because she won."
    >
    > That must be it. That would explain many dominating performances in the
    > peloton since, say the early 1990s. Wink, wink.

    Dumbass -

    No male racer ever dominated their races the way she dominated hers
    (when she was fully pumped up).

    Not even Eddy Merckx.

    thanks,

    K. Gringioni.

  17. amit

    amit Guest

    Robert Chung wrote:
    > Ewoud Dronkert wrote:
    > > Robert Chung wrote:
    > >> When did she test positive?

    > > From Belgian teletext: "After a race in Pennsylvania Jeanson tested
    > > positive for epo-use."

    > Was I asleep when she tested positive?
    >
    > Recall she was riding with a USAC license because she couldn't get one in
    > Canada.

    dumbass,

    you weren't the only one in the dark :

    http://www.canadiancyclist.com/dailynews/January/1.19.068.09PM50.shtml

  18. Tom Kunich

    Tom Kunich Guest

    "Scott" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    Everyone seems to think that because she was so dominant she must've
    been cheating, yet we forget that every so often a true phenomenon
    comes along (usually in the jr ranks, and continuing for awhile in the
    elites/pros). Think of how Lemond crushed the jr's and elite amateurs
    while still quite young.

    Maybe, just maybe, she was one of those phenoms. I doubt very
    seriously she was doping in the early years of her career. Whether she
    was in the last few years, I don't know. I will NOT jump to
    conclusions that she must have been just because she won.
    ///////////////////////////

    You may be right but when she was a junior racer she looked 5 years older
    than other girls her age and had "the look" of someone really really really
    serious about racing.

  19. Tom Kunich

    Tom Kunich Guest

    > B. Lafferty wrote:
    >> "Scott" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >> news:[email protected]
    >>
    >> "Maybe, just maybe, she was one of those phenoms. I doubt very
    >> seriously she was doping in the early years of her career. Whether she
    >> was in the last few years, I don't know. I will NOT jump to
    >> conclusions that she must have been just because she won."
    >>
    >> That must be it. That would explain many dominating performances in the
    >> peloton since, say the early 1990s. Wink, wink.

    > No male racer ever dominated their races the way she dominated hers
    > (when she was fully pumped up).
    >
    > Not even Eddy Merckx.

    IF Eddy MErckx raced in the United States he would have won EVERY SINGLE
    race without a doubt. It was really rare that LeMond lost a race here and he
    was nothing near as dominant as Eddy was.

  20. Stu Fleming

    Stu Fleming Guest