Kew Crit 17.4.04

>lets talk when you come back from the 'Womans weekly world discover
>tour thingy'

It's the 'Lady May's European Fun-Filled Fantasy Travel Tour of Fun an
Games and More Fun

>Whilst training regimes are different for all cyclists, one of the fe
>constants is that 'Thou shall not train hard ALL the time'

I think I fall into the same trap every year.. I'm either 'ON' or 'OFF'
There never seems to be any in between. How long is it gonna take for m
brain to realise this!

>You need to throw in 'easy' days with 'hard' days, easy weeks, wit
>hard weeks. Charging up the 1/20 as fast as you can will do you mor
>harm than good , if that is the only 'type' of training you are doing
>think about what you want to achieve (realistically) from your cycling
>Once you have goals set, you can design a training program to help yo
>achieve them

Hmm.. goal setting.. another problem for me, hence the "flat out or no
at all" mentality. I just want to win races and get faster doing so. A
for goals, I don't aim to do well in any particular races, I just tr
and do the best on the day at all races. Crits are really my thing an
track should be playing more of a roll next year but I'll have a stab a
road races, mtb races and all manner of other riding things.

What sort of goals do you set yourself

hipp

-

hippy wrote:

> What sort of goals do you set yourself?
> hippy

G'day

Don't be to 'down' on yourself about your cycling goals. Wanting t
'win & go fast' every weekend at the club crit, is a perfectly vali
goal. The training required to do that, is different to someone who'
goal is, say , 'melb to Warney'. Just because your aspirations ar
different, doesn't make them any less valid. You can still devise
training program to help you achieve those goals. Assuming that crits
track are shorter, more 'power' oriented than say a 200k RR, means tha
your training needs to be concentrated on areas that are gunna suppor
that goal. Going out & doing 4hrs @ 65% MHR will mean less to YOU
goals than 1 hour of intervals @ 85-90%. So having some idea of wha
you wanna achieve means you can devise the plan to achieve it. Trai
SMARTER not HARDER

cheers

Hitch

-

>Originally posted by Hitchy Don't be to 'down' on yourself about you
>cycling goals

It's in my nature :

>Wanting to 'win & go fast' every weekend at the club crit, is
>perfectly valid goal

Cool :

>Assuming that crits & track are shorter, more 'power' oriented than sa
>a 200k RR, means that your training needs to be concentrated on area
>that are gunna support that goal. Going out & doing 4hrs @ 65% MHR wil
>mean less to YOUR goals than 1 hour of intervals @ 85-90%

Don't have any cool references for power work handy? I don't wanna be
gym monkey like the hardcore trackies, nor do I only want to do a 1mi
effort and then spend the next hour rolling around and doing anothe
1min effort.. there has to be some provision for longer rides but the
certainly wont be a focus unless they are needed for 'base' buildin
(which I never do properly)

1hr long rides at near-max with sprints in the middle

>Train SMARTER not HARDER

You have no idea how many times I've been told that! :

thicky hipp

-

Ritch wrote:
>>If someone's on a Cannondale, there's a 99% chance they are (or were) a
>>triathlete. Hence, don't take any racing tactics from them, like trying
>>to keep the pace high towards the end of a race, or thinking that the
>>bell means three to go (ie. dragging people around to set them up for
>>the sprint).

I guess "The Machine" must be another member of that small 1% .... :)

http://www.randwickbotanycc.com/Results 2004/Results 28 Feb 2004/results_28 Feb 2004.htm

or:

http://tinyurl.com/yu5ph

I definitely woulddn't be taking pace advice from him!

&roo

>Originally posted by Andrew Swan
>I guess "The Machine" must be another member of that
>small 1% .... :)

>http://tinyurl.com/yu5p

There's one of these red 'dales sitting in my LBS looking quite uh
'smashed to bits'. Dropout snapped, seattube dented badly, stays dente
badly, maybe toptube destruction? Possibly other stuff mashed too, but
had to look away before I broke down in tears..

hipp

-