Laff, call your therapist

On 28 Oct 2005 18:37:31 -0700, [email protected] wrote:

>Tom Kunich wrote:
>> Not exactly animousity Benjo, more like extreme irritation. Lafferty is
>> the mote in God's eye.

>-------------------
>
>Damn Kunich, you scare me more and more all the time, "the mote in
>god's eye", you really are a fire and brimstone, southern baptist, tent
>revivals and playing with snakes kinda religous freak aren't you?
>Ever read Wiseblood by Flannery O'Conner? You should.
>
>Anyway, Lafferty gives RBR a little BALANCE, one of him vs. dozens of
>guys who would pay 10k to drink the sweat out of Lances chamois -
>seriously,
>it's like a system of checks and balances, a few posts about
>Lance being on SNL and how awesome he is, and then Lafferty
>throws down a long technical email that proves Lance was on dope (that
>I don't bother reading - but I'm glad it's there all the same)

Kind of an overreaction, isn't it? "Mote in God's eye" - I've heard
more overtly religious comdemnations from the Reform Jews at the
Center and from Unitarian Universalists in our discussion groups, not
to mention its the name of a book from two people that I never thought
as Southern Baptists. It is only "fire and brimstone, outhern
aptist if you are conceding much of the bible to them alone.

The idea of anyone posting to rbr is a check and balance to anything
remotely serious is really scary.

Curtis L. Russell
Odenton, MD (USA)
Just someone on two wheels...

"Curtis L. Russell" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On 28 Oct 2005 18:37:31 -0700, [email protected] wrote:
>

>>Tom Kunich wrote:
>>> Not exactly animousity Benjo, more like extreme irritation. Lafferty is
>>> the mote in God's eye.

>>-------------------
>>
>>Damn Kunich, you scare me more and more all the time, "the mote in
>>god's eye", you really are a fire and brimstone, southern baptist, tent
>>revivals and playing with snakes kinda religous freak aren't you?
>>Ever read Wiseblood by Flannery O'Conner? You should.
>>
>>Anyway, Lafferty gives RBR a little BALANCE, one of him vs. dozens of
>>guys who would pay 10k to drink the sweat out of Lances chamois -
>>seriously,
>>it's like a system of checks and balances, a few posts about
>>Lance being on SNL and how awesome he is, and then Lafferty
>>throws down a long technical email that proves Lance was on dope (that
>>I don't bother reading - but I'm glad it's there all the same)

> Kind of an overreaction, isn't it? "Mote in God's eye" - I've heard
> more overtly religious comdemnations from the Reform Jews at the
> Center and from Unitarian Universalists in our discussion groups, not
> to mention its the name of a book from two people that I never thought
> as Southern Baptists. It is only "fire and brimstone, outhern
> aptist if you are conceding much of the bible to them alone.
>
> The idea of anyone posting to rbr is a check and balance to anything
> remotely serious is really scary.
>
> Curtis L. Russell
> Odenton, MD (USA)
> Just someone on two wheels...

Wasn't it Jesus who said, "I am the check and the balance" or something to
that effect?

Mad Dog wrote:

> >Errrr . . . look at the context of the above post. I don't post about
> >the same thing all the time like Laff@me.

> Over and over and over. You can say what you want in a failed attempt to
> justify your addiction, but each time you lead off with dumbass, it's the same
> old thing.

Dumbass -

It's just a sig/salutation, just like your posts all claim to be from
"Mad Dog". "Mad Dog", same old thing, every single time. Just like
Lafferty, yup.

thank you very much,

K. Gringioni.

Mad Dog wrote:

> Call it what you want but a pig is a pig no matter who's mud it lays in. And
> your boring intro is the same old thing over and over and over. It's hilarious
> that you're so ignorant as to not know the difference between a salutation and a
> sig line.

Alexandre,
The salutation goes at the top, the sig line goes at the bottom?

Kurgan Gringioni says...

>It's just a sig/salutation, just like your posts all claim to be from
>"Mad Dog". "Mad Dog", same old thing, every single time. Just like
>Lafferty, yup.

So now you're down to grasping at straws.

Mad Dog wrote:
> Kurgan Gringioni says...
>
> >It's just a sig/salutation, just like your posts all claim to be from
> >"Mad Dog". "Mad Dog", same old thing, every single time. Just like
> >Lafferty, yup.

> So now you're down to grasping at straws.

Dumbass -

Me complaining about "Mad Dog" is the same thing as you complaining
about "Dumbass". Maybe you should complain about "K. Gringioni." too.

thanks,

K. Gringioni.

Kurgan Gringioni says...

>Mad Dog wrote:

>>Kurgan Gringioni says...

>>>It's just a sig/salutation, just like your posts all claim to be from
>>>"Mad Dog". "Mad Dog", same old thing, every single time. Just like
>>>Lafferty, yup.

>>So now you're down to grasping at straws.

>Me complaining about "Mad Dog" is the same thing as you complaining
>about "Dumbass".

You are dumber than a box of rocks. And here's why: when you write "dumbass",
over and over and over, not only is it boring, but it is a CHOICE you make. You
make a DECISION to tack it onto the BODY of the post. You can call it a
salutation or whatever, but you CHOOSE to have it on your posts. If you didn't
choose for it to be there, it wouldn't. But my newsreader tacks on my name, or
handle, whatever. It requires something to be there and a friend of mine
recommended Mad Dog long ago for reasons I won't get into now.

>Maybe you should complain about "K. Gringioni." too.

First off, asswipe, I'm not complaining, just observing. You're the one that
got this started by your complaining about Laff's repetitiveness. You're such a
hypocrite, you can't see that you play a similar game. Second, regarding your
handle showing up on your posts, see above, dipshit. You're another example of
an educated person that is dumber WRT common sense than the average 3rd grader.

Kurgan Gringioni says...

In article <[email protected]>, Mad Dog <[email protected]> wrote:

> You are dumber than a box of rocks. And here's why: when you write
> "dumbass", over and over and over, not only is it boring, but it is a CHOICE
> you make. You make a DECISION to tack it onto the BODY of the post. You can
> call it a salutation or whatever, but you CHOOSE to have it on your posts.
> If you didn't choose for it to be there, it wouldn't. But my newsreader tacks
> on my name, or handle, whatever. It requires something to be there and a
> friend of mine recommended Mad Dog long ago for reasons I won't get into now.

Well, if I may interject here, the repeat use of a salutation like "dumbass"
is an easy thing to simply ignore. You know it'll be there when the post is from
K Gringioni. But KG's point about Brian Lafferty is that his posts are so
frequently about the same thing. The content may be different (even if the basic
thrust of the posts *aren't*), so it isn't as easy to simply ignore like the
single word "dumbass".

--
tanx,
Howard

The sheriff is near...

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?

Mad Dog wrote:
> Kurgan Gringioni says...

> >Me complaining about "Mad Dog" is the same thing as you complaining
> >about "Dumbass".

> You are dumber than a box of rocks. And here's why: when you write "dumbass",
> over and over and over, not only is it boring, but it is a CHOICE you make. You
> make a DECISION to tack it onto the BODY of the post. You can call it a
> salutation or whatever, but you CHOOSE to have it on your posts. If you didn't
> choose for it to be there, it wouldn't. But my newsreader tacks on my name, or
> handle, whatever. It requires something to be there and a friend of mine
> recommended Mad Dog long ago for reasons I won't get into now.

Yeah, but you make a decision to keep "Mad Dog" on there.
You could change it to something less confrontational.
Or more appropriate. "Shih Tzu," perhaps, seeing how firmly
you've got your teeth sunk into Kurgan's pant leg.

Mad Dog wrote:
> Kurgan Gringioni says...

> >Me complaining about "Mad Dog" is the same thing as you complaining
> >about "Dumbass".

> You are dumber than a box of rocks. And here's why: when you write "dumbass",
> over and over and over, not only is it boring, but it is a CHOICE you make. You
> make a DECISION to tack it onto the BODY of the post. You can call it a
> salutation or whatever, but you CHOOSE to have it on your posts. If you didn't
> choose for it to be there, it wouldn't. But my newsreader tacks on my name, or
> handle, whatever. It requires something to be there and a friend of mine
> recommended Mad Dog long ago for reasons I won't get into now.

Yeah, but you make a decision to keep "Mad Dog" on there.
You could change it to something less confrontational.
Or more appropriate. "Shih Tzu," perhaps, seeing how firmly
you've got your teeth sunk into Kurgan's pant leg.

[email protected] says...

>Yeah, but you make a decision to keep "Mad Dog" on there.
>You could change it to something less confrontational.

That's hilarious - you find me using a handle to be confrontational but say
nothing about Turdgun calling people "dumbass".

>Or more appropriate.

Who are you, the handle evaluation committee chairman?

Go lick on Henry's sack some more.

[email protected] says...

>Yeah, but you make a decision to keep "Mad Dog" on there.
>You could change it to something less confrontational.

That's hilarious - you find me using a handle to be confrontational but say
nothing about Turdgun calling people "dumbass".

>Or more appropriate.

Who are you, the handle evaluation committee chairman?

Go lick on Henry's sack some more.

Howard Kveck says...

>Well, if I may interject here, the repeat use of a salutation
>like "dumbass" is an easy thing to simply ignore.

Howard, you're entitled to your opinion, regardless of how flawed the logic is
that attempts to support it. If you are capable of ignoring repeated "dumbass"
remarks, you can choose to ignore everything Brian posts. Me? I'm an equal
opportunity ignorer/flamer. I've ignored far more of Brian's and Turdgun's
posts than I've replied to. I've flamed both with impunity, because they
deserve it IMO.

>But KG's point about Brian Lafferty is that his posts are so
>frequently about the same thing.

It's all perspective. You are entitled to yours and I'm entitled to mine. I
see the repeated calling of people "dumbass" to be just as boring as whining
endlessly about Lance.

>The content may be different (even if the basic
>thrust of the posts *aren't*), so it isn't as easy to simply ignore like the
>single word "dumbass".

That is your OPINION. It is a choice you make. I find both guys to be equally
irritating, on par with the dork whose driving is impaired by his cell phone
use. Very minor league stuff, easy to ignore. I'd estimate that I only read
about 20% of their posts because they are so predictable and boring. Of the
two, Turdgun seems to have more insight but to find evidence of that you have to
sift through a ton of insults. What's funny is how he gets so offended when
someone insults him. Little boy can dish but he can't take.

Mad Dog wrote:

> What's funny is how he gets so offended when
> someone insults him. Little boy can dish but he can't take.

i doubt "kurgan" is offended by you or your needling, as you're only one
in a long line of needlers stretching back years and years.
but who knows, stranger things have happened.

heather

Mad Dog wrote:
> [email protected] says...
>
> >Yeah, but you make a decision to keep "Mad Dog" on there.
> >You could change it to something less confrontational.

> That's hilarious - you find me using a handle to be confrontational but say
> nothing about Turdgun calling people "dumbass".

You already covered that - I doubt I could add much to your
summation of the issue. But really, the problem is that
I'm overly competitive (this is a racing newsgroup, yes?)
I saw Henry jerking your chain and wanted to play too.
Anyway, I think you should keep "Mad Dog", it fits. You
don't really need to explain why your friend dubbed you that.
We can tell.

Sadly, I am almost as bad a chain-jerker as a bike racer;
I can never compete with El Kurgan in that department. So
as you suggest, I'll go back to kissing his ass. Ass-kissing
is a very useful survival skill in today's world. Unless
you're born with God-given talent for ass-kissing, you really
can't get ahead without at least a degree in ass-kissing from
a reputable college. Or an Ivy League, if you want to get on
the Supreme Court.

> >Or more appropriate.

> Who are you, the handle evaluation committee chairman?
>
> Go lick on Henry's sack some more

[email protected] says...

>You don't really need to explain why your friend dubbed
>you that. We can tell.

Who's "we"? And did they formally appoint you as spokesperson?

Regardless, 50 bucks says you ain't got a clue. Only one person on this group
really knows.

>Sadly, I am almost as bad a chain-jerker as a bike racer;

That is a fine pun. Was it intentional?

>So as you suggest, I'll go back to kissing his ass.

No, no, no: I instructed you to go lick his sack some more. They may reside in
the same vicinity but the results of said stimulation are remarkably distinct.

>Ass-kissing is a very useful survival skill in today's world.

Is this your motto?

h squared says...

>i doubt "kurgan" is offended by you or your needling, as you're only one
>in a long line of needlers stretching back years and years.
>but who knows, stranger things have happened.

Actually, all of those needlers are/were in fact just a team of three working
under a variety of handles. The modes have been changed to protect the
ignorant. Guess my previous handle and win a hundred bucks! Brian tried to
join but we wouldn't let him in. And, yes, stranger things have happened.

h squared wrote:
> Mad Dog wrote:
>
> > What's funny is how he gets so offended when
> > someone insults him. Little boy can dish but he can't take.

> i doubt "kurgan" is offended by you or your needling, as you're only one
> in a long line of needlers stretching back years and years.
> but who knows, stranger things have happened.

Dumbass -

It's funny, how some people take offense at being called "dumbass"
despite knowing that everyone is being treated equally.

Dumbassedness - it's good clean fun for the noobs.

thanks,

K. Gringioni.
(aka dumbass)