Major league asshole deliberately takes out pack of cyclists

On Wed, 28 May 2008 12:26:35 -0700 (PDT), [email protected] wrote:

>From the country founded as a prison- people are criticizing an
>AMERICAN..... How great is that!!!! They think wannabe racers deserve
>to obstruct traffic.

Yeah, we just got the religious nutcases. I'd rather have the
criminals.

On Wed, 28 May 2008 13:16:17 -0700 (PDT), DennisTheBald
<[email protected]> wrote:

>As ignorant as big jimp is he does have a point about the guns... Some
>days the sun shines on a dog's ass.
>
>An armed society is a polite society. It's not the bikes so much as
>the spandex outfits that clearly show that there is no way that these
>particular cyclists are packing heat. If these folks were dressed
>regular and/or sporting luggage our armed motorist would have been
>much less brave, or so my experience with the mobility impaired sort
>has been.
>
>If your jersey had the ruger logo instead of festina on the back...
>well, then the moron probably would have felt it necessary to hit them
>rather than to force them to hit him (I guess the net effect isn't
>much different). Still fleeing the scene as he did would seem to
>warrant the use of lethal force, but then I think you ought to be able
>to cap a motorist if you smell alcohol at the stop light - You would
>be defending life and limb from someone who was in the process of
>committing a crime.

Ah yes, we should all carry guns. And then, when someone steps on
someone's toe in the subway, instead of angry words we can have
bullets flying. Good idea.

On May 28, 9:16 pm, DennisTheBald <[email protected]> wrote:
<snip>
> An armed society is a polite society. It's not the bikes so much as
> the spandex outfits that clearly show that there is no way that these
> particular cyclists are packing heat. If these folks were dressed
> regular and/or sporting luggage our armed motorist would have been
> much less brave, or so my experience with the mobility impaired sort
> has been.

<snip>

What to make of a society where the fear of being shot is required to
make people be polite?

Nothing more gentle and peace loving than a dead man

DennisTheBald wrote:

> An armed society is a polite society.

I guess by that standard the North End of Hartford CT (or insert other
city name of your choice) must be a model of how to get along

--
Rob Lindauer - Please change "att" to "sbc" for my real email address

> Ah yes, we should all carry guns. And then, when someone steps on
> someone's toe in the subway, instead of angry words we can have
> bullets flying. Good idea.

Thanks!

> What to make of a society where the fear of being shot is required to
> make people be polite?

If you're not comfortable with it feel free to move to the UK, go on
the dole, become a bone idle drunken lay about and all that. I think
this motorist's actions go way beyond being impolite. A society that
prohibits folks from defending themselves from such criminal acts of
violence isn't worth a bucket of polite spit.

At the end of the day, I find a cold steel way more protective than
magic styrofoam.

DennisTheBald said:

> What to make of a society where the fear of being shot is required to
> make people be polite?

If you're not comfortable with it feel free to move to the UK, go on
the dole, become a bone idle drunken lay about and all that. I think
this motorist's actions go way beyond being impolite. A society that
prohibits folks from defending themselves from such criminal acts of
violence isn't worth a bucket of polite spit.

At the end of the day, I find a cold steel way more protective than
magic styrofoam.

Yeah dennis, if just one of the cyclists in this pile up had been carrying a weapon for protection (howls of laughter) the accident would never have happened. In fact the styrofoam would have been more useful.

So how would a gun have prevented this from happening?