Make-up & cycling

Discussion in 'Women's Cycling' started by niaps627, Sep 15, 2005.

1. Mykie

Mykie New Member

Actually, the question is a good one for a variety of reasons. Rudeness and hostility, however, is never appropriate and not becoming to any sport.

2. Adventure

Adventure New Member

Hi,
    I'm new, been lurking for a bit. :rolleyes: There is a great performance sunscreen that I use for my training that you may be interested in. It's a spray and is very light and lets your skin breath. You can check it out at www.kinesys.com I have fussy skin and it doesn't brake me out, I don't sweat a huge amount but it seems to stay on pretty well. :D

Cheers,
    Adventure

3. Capt. Jack

Capt. Jack New Member

Hee hee. I meant to post this a while back but didn't have a chance. I have make-up on in the photo below. Do I look like too much of a priss with my make-up on?:p

4. wackydeirdre

wackydeirdre New Member

By "fussy" do you bean you break out easily? I do also if it is. Someone on the forum suggested NEUTROGENA Sensitive Skin Sunblock Lotion SPF 30 no irritating chemical sunscreens to me last spring when I was looking for a sunscreen. It works very well for me also my 16 yr old who breaks out even more easily than I do. Thanks for sharing. I may try yours next time. :)

5. LMT

LMT New Member

People are wearing make-up and going riding????? :eek:

This is baffling, almost like wearing make-up while in the shower or going for a swim.

Guess if someone wants to then that is their choice. If I was riding with someone and saw that, I would wonder are they there for the ride or for vanity?

Sunscreen, lip balm I wear, nothing else.

6. Lizbids

Lizbids New Member

You might want to consider not wearing makeup and getting some sun. Has that helped your skin tone, or no? I wear light foundation and eye makeup to work, but then, I'm not sweating too much. Just be comfortable, do what ya want...as long as you're healthy, right?

7. Aussie_Girl87

Aussie_Girl87 New Member

I wear sunscreen on a hot day and always carry a lip balm in my backpack on longer rides. I personally dont wear makeup doing any exercise at all although I have seen many people wear it, it doesnt look too good when you sweat and wipe your face though, but each to their own opinion.