Make-up & cycling

Actually, the question is a good one for a variety of reasons. Rudeness and hostility, however, is never appropriate and not becoming to any sport.

Mellic said:
LOL, can the women's forum get any more pathetic questions. Honestly I am tired of all these stupid questions about what deodorant to use, what leg shaving product to use etc. And now a question about make-up! Hello.....how many athletes do you see training/competing in make-up? You need to let your skin breath and by caking yourself with all of that gunk is preventing it from happening.

I really have to wonder why some of you girls bother cycling in the first place. It seems as though you are more concerned about what you look like on the bike rather than other important aspects of the sport :mad: .

Hi,
I'm new, been lurking for a bit. :rolleyes: There is a great performance sunscreen that I use for my training that you may be interested in. It's a spray and is very light and lets your skin breath. You can check it out at www.kinesys.com I have fussy skin and it doesn't brake me out, I don't sweat a huge amount but it seems to stay on pretty well. :D

Cheers,
Adventure

Hee hee. I meant to post this a while back but didn't have a chance. I have make-up on in the photo below. Do I look like too much of a priss with my make-up on?:p

Adventure said:
Hi,
I'm new, been lurking for a bit. :rolleyes: There is a great performance sunscreen that I use for my training that you may be interested in. It's a spray and is very light and lets your skin breath. You can check it out at www.kinesys.com I have fussy skin and it doesn't brake me out, I don't sweat a huge amount but it seems to stay on pretty well. :D

Cheers,
Adventure
By "fussy" do you bean you break out easily? I do also if it is. Someone on the forum suggested NEUTROGENA Sensitive Skin Sunblock Lotion SPF 30 no irritating chemical sunscreens to me last spring when I was looking for a sunscreen. It works very well for me also my 16 yr old who breaks out even more easily than I do. Thanks for sharing. I may try yours next time. :)

People are wearing make-up and going riding????? :eek:

This is baffling, almost like wearing make-up while in the shower or going for a swim.

Guess if someone wants to then that is their choice. If I was riding with someone and saw that, I would wonder are they there for the ride or for vanity?

Sunscreen, lip balm I wear, nothing else.

You might want to consider not wearing makeup and getting some sun. Has that helped your skin tone, or no? I wear light foundation and eye makeup to work, but then, I'm not sweating too much. Just be comfortable, do what ya want...as long as you're healthy, right?

Lizbids said:
You might want to consider not wearing makeup and getting some sun. Has that helped your skin tone, or no? I wear light foundation and eye makeup to work, but then, I'm not sweating too much. Just be comfortable, do what ya want...as long as you're healthy, right?
I wear sunscreen on a hot day and always carry a lip balm in my backpack on longer rides. I personally dont wear makeup doing any exercise at all although I have seen many people wear it, it doesnt look too good when you sweat and wipe your face though, but each to their own opinion.