Mission accomplished +5

"Tom Kunich" <cyclintom@yahoo. com> wrote in
news:[email protected]:

> However, what bothers me most about modern war is that those who wish
> to win must be willing to work at winning the longest so that those
> who oppose them finally give up.

You know, if you're looking for work and believe in a cause, why not
volunteer to work for that cause?

--
Bill Asher

In article <aefecbfd-d615-440b-b0b7-7ed8bb4fff5f@p25g2000pri.googlegroups.com>,
"Paul G." <[email protected]> wrote:

> On May 1, 5:48 pm, "Tom Kunich" <cyclintom@yahoo. com> wrote:
> > "Paul G." <[email protected]> wrote in message

> > > That's guvmint "Republican't style" for ya.

> > > The Democrat-controlled govt whipped the Germans and Japanese in less
> > > than 4 yrs in WWII.

> > I hate to point this out but the Liberals who control the Democrat party now
> > kicked out "those kind" of Democrats in the 60's. They all moved over to the
> > Republican Party and those are the same people you're now criticizing.

> What a load of ********.
> -Paul

Indeed. The Dems who left to become Republicans were the ones who wanted to
continue the policies of racism. Guys like Strom Thurmond. It's retarded (yeah, I
know - it's Kunich, but it still needs to be said) to try to claim that the Democrats
have moved to the left - the Republicans in the high levels of Washington power have
moved to the right very hard (and claimed they haven't moved - Ha!)

--
tanx,
Howard

Whatever happened to
Leon Trotsky?
He got an icepick
That made his ears burn.

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?

In article <[email protected]>,
"Tom Kunich" <cyclintom@yahoo. com> wrote:

> "diego" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Tom Kunich wrote:
> >> "Robert Chung" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >>
> >> Why don't you make one of those charts for the French?

> > How about one for those who benefit directly from war profits?

> Tell me Diego, who do you think benefits directly from war profits that
> might control the efforts?

**** Cheney still gets a salary from Haliburton. It may be deferred, but he gets
it nonetheless.

--

Fred Fredburger <[email protected]> wrote:

> John Forrest Tomlinson wrote:
> > On Thu, 1 May 2008 00:11:16 -0700 (PDT), Robert Chung
> > <[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> >> http://anonymous.coward.free.fr/temp/1may08.png

> > Well, it looks like the rate of death is tapering off, which is
> > evidence the surge is working. We should respect the judgement of the
> > commanders on the ground. The next sixth months will be critical.
> >

> It's Neocon John, coming soon to a toy store near you.

In Brookings Institution or Hoover Institution models.

--
tanx,
Howard

Whatever happened to
Leon Trotsky?
He got an icepick
That made his ears burn.

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?

John Forrest Tomlinson wrote:
> I can't understand how you can sit there and embolden the enemy.

THE CHILDREN. THINK OF THE CHILDREN.

Fred Fredburger wrote:
> It's Neocon John, coming soon to a toy store near you.

But can you frag a Spiderdemon with an Irony gun.

On May 1, 8:23 pm, "Tom Kunich" wrote:

> Absolutely, but the fact remains that because of stupid asses such as
> yourself we find ourselves with a choice between Obama/Clinton and McCain -
> or more accurately between stupid/crooked or inadequate.

This is like blaming the hippies for Pol Pot.

> Maybe you never learned arithmatic in school.

OR SPELLING, AMONG OTHER. IN SKOOL.

--D-y

Robert Chung wrote:
> http://anonymous.coward.free.fr/temp/1may08.png

Just a URL, nothing else. Not even a "Is this
acceptable".

The monkey trolls by picking at his threads like
they are bleeding zits. This is an infinitely more
elegant approach.

RBR is heavily populated with retards. A measure
of this is the number of responses to posts by
Kunich, a form of intellectual masturbation that,
even for me, can be difficult to watch. And, like
masturbation, it's not very fulfilling. Yet people
still do it. A lot. Go figure.

Bob Schwartz

"William Asher" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "Tom Kunich" <cyclintom@yahoo. com> wrote in
> news:[email protected]:
>
>> However, what bothers me most about modern war is that those who wish
>> to win must be willing to work at winning the longest so that those
>> who oppose them finally give up.

> You know, if you're looking for work and believe in a cause, why not
> volunteer to work for that cause?

Tell me Asher, did you spend any time in the service?

On May 1, 6:23 pm, "Tom Kunich" <cyclintom@yahoo. com> wrote:
> "Paul G." <[email protected]> wrote in message
>
> news:[email protected]...
>

> > The Republican'ts have milked this for years.

> Absolutely, but the fact remains that because of stupid asses such as
> yourself we find ourselves with a choice between Obama/Clinton and McCain -
> or more accurately between stupid/crooked or inadequate.
>
> > Where do you think those hundreds of billions of dollars went?

> What billions of dollars? I note that those being led about by the nose
> seldom speak or write in complete thoughts. I suppose that's because they
> don't have any.

Not billions of dollars, hundreds of billions of dollars. If you think
real hard you might be able to figure it out. Not many rat holes where
that much money is being dumped.

> > And have you noticed that Bush's pals in the oil industry have had
> > record profits thru this?

> Maybe you never learned arithmatic in school. The oil companies make about
> 7% "profit" after their costs to buy the oil and then to refine it. That
> hasn't changed in 40 years.

What a moron. Just for my personal amusement I'm going to *briefly*
explain the economics of oil. Here's a graph of oil prices from 1947
to 2007. Note that every time there was a war in the mideast the price
of oil soared:
http://www.wtrg.com/oil_graphs/oilprice1947.gif

Note that oil was at ~$25/barrel when Bush took office. Now it's over
$100/barrel.

Now, according to you, in 2001 oil companies were making a profit of
7% pumping oil out of the ground valued at $25/barrel. Then the
friends-of-the-oil-companies in Washington used the 9/11 attacks as a
pretext to start a war in Iraq, right in the heart of the mideast oil
producing region. As always, this caused the price of oil to soar. Not
just oil from the mideast, but oil produced everywhere, like the Gulf
of Mexico.

Today, the oil companies can pump oil from the same well and sell it
for over $100/barrel. The result- record profits. There, I done
learned you sum "arithmatic".
If you want to delve deeper into it, take a couple of semesters of
economics as I did.
-Paul

On May 1, 5:46 pm, "Paul G." <[email protected]> wrote:
> On May 1, 5:12 pm, SLAVE of THE STATE <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > On May 1, 4:06 pm, "Paul G." <[email protected]> wrote:

> > > Instead they diverted assets to the totally
> > > unnecessary ______.

> > Dumbassbag,

> > That's guvmint for ya.

> That's guvmint "Republican't style" for ya.

Dumbassbag,

It is any guvmint.

> The  Democrat-controlled govt whipped the Germans and Japanese in less
> than 4 yrs in WWII.

When did I ever say democrats weren't as big or worse warmongers than
republicans? War is the health of The State, and democrats know that
as well as republicans. Democrats only dislike the wars they are not
in power for.

http://www.mises.org/books/aswegomarching.pdf
http://flag.blackened.net/revolt/hist_texts/warhealthstate1918.html
http://www.amazon.com/Illusion-Victory-America-World-War/dp/0465024696/
http://www.amazon.com/Wilsons-War-Woodrow-Blunder-******/dp/1400082366/

On May 2, 6:14 am, Bob Schwartz <[email protected]>
wrote:
> Robert Chung wrote:
> >http://anonymous.coward.free.fr/temp/1may08.png

> Just a URL, nothing else. Not even a "Is this
> acceptable".
>
> The monkey trolls by picking at his threads like
> they are bleeding zits. This is an infinitely more
> elegant approach.
>
> RBR is heavily populated with retards. A measure
> of this is the number of responses to posts by
> Kunich, a form of intellectual masturbation that,
> even for me, can be difficult to watch. And, like
> masturbation, it's not very fulfilling. Yet people
> still do it. A lot. Go figure.

Picking at zits isn't very satisfying either.
In fact, it usually hurts. However, people
just can't stop doing it. It's like Everest -
"because it's there." The same applies
to replying to Kunich.

Ben

On May 2, 9:56 am, SLAVE of THE STATE <[email protected]> wrote:
> On May 1, 5:46 pm, "Paul G." <[email protected]> wrote:

> > > Dumbassbag,

> > > That's guvmint for ya.

> > That's guvmint "Republican't style" for ya.

> Dumbassbag,
>
> It is any guvmint.
>
> > The Democrat-controlled govt whipped the Germans and Japanese in less
> > than 4 yrs in WWII.

> When did I ever say democrats weren't as big or worse warmongers than
> republicans? War is the health of The State, and democrats know that
> as well as republicans. Democrats only dislike the wars they are not
> in power for.

Dumberassbag- when did you ever say anything that made any sense?
You're the king of non sequiturs. Go back to ranting and raving about
pigs, but just for fun why don't you look up deflation first.
-Paul

Tom Kunich wrote:

> "William Asher" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> "Tom Kunich" <cyclintom@yahoo. com> wrote in
>> news:[email protected]:
>>
>>> However, what bothers me most about modern war is that those who wish
>>> to win must be willing to work at winning the longest so that those
>>> who oppose them finally give up.

>> You know, if you're looking for work and believe in a cause, why not
>> volunteer to work for that cause?

> Tell me Asher, did you spend any time in the service?

No, but then I'm not advocating that other people spend years fighting an
unwinnable war. I guess I want young men and women to serve their country,
not be used by its military.

--
Bill Asher

Fred Fredburger wrote:

> William Asher wrote:
>> Tom Kunich wrote:
>>
>>> "Robert Chung" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>> news:[email protected]
>>> m...
>>> Why don't you make one of those charts for the French?
>>>

>> Probably not necessary. Most French can read english well enough to
>> figure the plot out without redoing it specifically for them.
>>

> No, I think he wants to see a chart of the French troops killed in
> Iraq.

That makes more sense. I couldn't figure out why the French would care
about how many U.S. servicemen had been killed in a war they thought was a
colossally stupid idea to begin with. Seeing the flat line for French
troops killed in Iraq will make them feel better that they elected such a
dickweed for president. I know I would feel better about electing a
dickweed for president if the graph of servicemen killed in a war I thought
was a colossally stupid idea was a flat line.

So, this is a great idea. Maybe Robert could make up a chart and send it
to the French. Do we have their address anymore?

--
Bill Asher

William Asher wrote:
> I respond to Kunich because I know that by doing so, I'm increasing the
> eyeballs reading my posts, which would otherwise go unread. Admit it, you
> might not read Kunich but you sometimes read responses to Kunich.
>
> People love watching disasters occur, especially if they can sit safely
> out of the way and cluck their tongues disapprovingly at the carnage.
>
> And the phrase really is "sometimes anything is better than actually
> working."

Your job is to train a retarded neural network in basic atmospheric
science.

Sisyphus would like to know if you are keen to swop jobs ?

On May 2, 11:35 am, William Asher <[email protected]> wrote:
> Tom Kunich wrote:
> > "William Asher" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >news:[email protected]...
> >> "Tom Kunich" <cyclintom@yahoo. com> wrote in
> >>news:[email protected]:

> >> You know, if you're looking for work and believe in a cause, why not
> >> volunteer to work for that cause?

> > Tell me Asher, did you spend any time in the service?

> No, but then I'm not advocating that other people spend years fighting an
> unwinnable war. I guess I want young men and women to serve their country,
> not be used by its military.

I spent 4 years in the service and I don't advocate that other people
spend years fighting an unwinnable war either.

But it's not that this war is "unwinnable", it's that it was
unnecessary and counter productive. So I would say "I don't advocate
that other people spend years fighting an unnecessary war." The
Republicans used 9/11 as an excuse to hijack our armed forces for
their own political purposes, and they have totally bungled the job.
This makes us look weak in the eyes of our enemies, which is a
calamity which will have long term consequences.
-Paul

Donald Munro wrote:

> William Asher wrote:
>> I respond to Kunich because I know that by doing so, I'm increasing
>> the eyeballs reading my posts, which would otherwise go unread.
>> Admit it, you might not read Kunich but you sometimes read responses
>> to Kunich.
>>
>> People love watching disasters occur, especially if they can sit
>> safely out of the way and cluck their tongues disapprovingly at the
>> carnage.
>>
>> And the phrase really is "sometimes anything is better than actually
>> working."

> Your job is to train a retarded neural network in basic atmospheric
> science.
>
> Sisyphus would like to know if you are keen to swop jobs ?

Anything with "sissy" in it, I am totally there.

--
Bill Asher