Mystery F/S Ti MTB--Can you help me ID?

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Mike, Jun 18, 2003.

  1. Mike

    Mike Guest

    I've got a fun old full-suspension titanium MTB (I call it "Bob"--guess why?). It has a VERY unique
    oil-only "shock" mounted just behind the seat cluster, which I desperately need to
    modify/overhaul/replace--that's what I really need help identifying. The bike is branded as a
    "Univega ShockBlok Ti"--that's about all I know. Searches on the web have yielded nothing. Of course
    I can send some photos to anybody interested in playing detective. Any takers? Thanks, Mike

    Tags:

  2. Almost Fast

    Almost Fast Guest

    michaelserge[email protected] (Mike) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > I've got a fun old full-suspension titanium MTB (I call it "Bob"--guess why?). It has a VERY
    > unique oil-only "shock" mounted just behind the seat cluster, which I desperately need to
    > modify/overhaul/replace--that's what I really need help identifying. The bike is branded as a
    > "Univega ShockBlok Ti"--that's about all I know. Searches on the web have yielded nothing. Of
    > course I can send some photos to anybody interested in playing detective. Any takers? Thanks, Mike

    Titus built titanium MTB frames for Univega about a decade ago. Maybe it's one of those?

  3. Mike

    Mike Guest

    Y'know, you may be right. There are a couple of small, discreet Titus decals on the frame--I wasn't
    sure if they were original or "wannabes," but they are a dead match in color to the Univega decals.
    Welds are very nice, too, and it's US-made, so maybe... I did email Titus about a week ago; I think
    they're ignoring me 'cause they may want to forget this one??? Any other info/pointers from anyone
    would be helpful too. Thanks, Mike

    news:<[email protected]>...