Mystery F/S Ti MTB--Can you help me ID?

Mike

Guest
I've got a fun old full-suspension titanium MTB (I call it "Bob"--guess why?). It has a VERY unique
oil-only "shock" mounted just behind the seat cluster, which I desperately need to
modify/overhaul/replace--that's what I really need help identifying. The bike is branded as a
"Univega ShockBlok Ti"--that's about all I know. Searches on the web have yielded nothing. Of course
I can send some photos to anybody interested in playing detective. Any takers? Thanks, Mike

[email protected] (Mike) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> I've got a fun old full-suspension titanium MTB (I call it "Bob"--guess why?). It has a VERY
> unique oil-only "shock" mounted just behind the seat cluster, which I desperately need to
> modify/overhaul/replace--that's what I really need help identifying. The bike is branded as a
> "Univega ShockBlok Ti"--that's about all I know. Searches on the web have yielded nothing. Of
> course I can send some photos to anybody interested in playing detective. Any takers? Thanks, Mike

Titus built titanium MTB frames for Univega about a decade ago. Maybe it's one of those?

Y'know, you may be right. There are a couple of small, discreet Titus decals on the frame--I wasn't
sure if they were original or "wannabes," but they are a dead match in color to the Univega decals.
Welds are very nice, too, and it's US-made, so maybe... I did email Titus about a week ago; I think
they're ignoring me 'cause they may want to forget this one??? Any other info/pointers from anyone
would be helpful too. Thanks, Mike

news:<[email protected]>...