New International Cyclist Website

cyclebetter.com

Guest
Join the new international cyclist community website for blogs, forums
and photos.
No politics, no religion, no pictures of our cats, just cycling.
From cyclist, to cyclist.
http://www.cyclebetter.com

cyclebetter.com said:
Join the new international cyclist community website for blogs, forums and photos. No politics, no religion, no pictures of our cats, just cycling. From cyclist, to cyclist.
http://www.cyclebetter.com

NO CATS! NO POLITICS! WHAT!

Sheesh that doesn't sound like much fun to me.

Bet you're not even allowed to talk about beer either. Sounds grim indeed. :eek: Now avert your gaze if you find the subject of cats & bikes mildly offensive

catklein.jpg

flyingdutch said:
Amanda Vanstone!

where's that horizontal scaling tool when you need it...

I think we need a newsgroup for insomniac cat loving bike riders......

Shabby wrote:

> I think we need a newsgroup for insomniac cat loving bike riders......

Well, while we are on that subject,
Has anyone trained their cat to travel?
Other than in a cage to the vet I mean.

Looking at getting away soon and ***** accommodation is rather
expensive. It wasn't so much the board and food, but the shots and vet
certification to say she is exclusive enough to reside at this
establishment.

"Terry Collins" wrote in message ...

> Looking at getting away soon and ***** accommodation is rather
> expensive.

Is that the type of place where you have to leave your bag outside?

cheers,
GPL
:going to hell:

Terry Collins said:
Shabby wrote:

> I think we need a newsgroup for insomniac cat loving bike riders......

Well, while we are on that subject,
Has anyone trained their cat to travel?
Other than in a cage to the vet I mean.

Looking at getting away soon and ***** accommodation is rather
expensive. It wasn't so much the board and food, but the shots and vet
certification to say she is exclusive enough to reside at this
establishment.

only when she is catatonic....

sorry.. that was bad! :D

cfsmtb said:
*Malcolm where's your trousers*

Hey, politics *and* ****!

Of course we should have had this discussion at cyclebetter.com (I think my troll L plates must be on).

Terry Collins said:
Well, while we are on that subject, Has anyone trained their cat to travel?
Other than in a cage to the vet I mean.

Looking at getting away soon and ***** accommodation is rather
expensive. It wasn't so much the board and food, but the shots and vet
certification to say she is exclusive enough to reside at this
establishment.

Ok I'll be mildly serious now on aus.bicycle.cats. There is pet-friendy holiday accommodation available, if that's what you mean. Also, can you train kitty to walk in a harness/lead so she doesn't clear off while your on hols? Or just simply occy strap her carry case in the BOB while your off travelling the countryside. :D There was a NZ moto rider who trained his cat to ride shotgun on the bars. But one day, a turd in a car (surprise) cut them off on a corner....

Anyway, the way is petrol going, I think the next visit to the vet is going to use that method of kitty transport.

warrwych wrote:

> only when she is catatonic....
>
> sorry.. that was bad! :D

No, no, I've been waiting to use exactly that expression myself.
Fitted a harness to the cat quite a few days ago and she basically did
that. Just froze cataonic like and didn't move.....woops, she's terrified,

Then I patted her, hahahahaha, smooches just like normal when you pat
her. So we figured she was just trying to work out what is going on.

We now have her tothe stage where she happily wears it if you put in on
her. Next step is to get the travelling cage and take her for picnics
{:). where we will introduce her to being ground staked on a lead. (the
other end of the lead not her).

Terry Collins said:
warrwych wrote:

> only when she is catatonic....
>
> sorry.. that was bad! :D

No, no, I've been waiting to use exactly that expression myself.
Fitted a harness to the cat quite a few days ago and she basically did
that. Just froze cataonic like and didn't move.....woops, she's terrified,

Then I patted her, hahahahaha, smooches just like normal when you pat
her. So we figured she was just trying to work out what is going on.

We now have her tothe stage where she happily wears it if you put in on
her. Next step is to get the travelling cage and take her for picnics
{:). where we will introduce her to being ground staked on a lead. (the
other end of the lead not her).

My cat travels fairly regularly with me to the big smoke. She will enter the cage of her own volition no problems (I leave it open on the floor while I pack the car and she packs herself). She does love to sing along to the radio for the whole trip, and she ain't gunna make Idol that's for sure! I tried lead training her when she was younger but gave up as the catatonia was chronic. When I was very young, my mother and I used to take the dog and the cat for walks on leads down the street.

Funniest pet picnic I have seen is a young woman reading a book in a park in Sth Yarra. Beside her was a wicker basket... and two rabbits in harnesses, on leads, tied to the basket.

"cfsmtb" wrote:

> There was a NZ moto rider who
> trained his cat to ride shotgun on the bars. But one day, a turd in a
> car (surprise) cut them off on a corner....

This is a very true story! Amazing that you know of it. The motorbike rider
was the partner of my brother-in-law's mother, a very well known character
in his part of the North Island. The cat rode on the petrol tank, clawing
onto a bit of carpet fitted there. Some drunk schmuck in a car cut the
corner on a mountain bend and killed both the motorbiker and his partner.
Don't think the cat survived either.

Cheers
Peter

Peter Signorini said:
This is a very true story! Amazing that you know of it. The motorbike rider was the partner of my brother-in-law's mother, a very well known character in his part of the North Island. The cat rode on the petrol tank, clawing onto a bit of carpet fitted there. Some drunk schmuck in a car cut the
corner on a mountain bend and killed both the motorbiker and his partner.
Don't think the cat survived either.

Cheers
Peter

No, the cat didn't survive the incident. Didn't he make a little pair of goggles for the cat? Recall seeing several articles about them, then the horrible news they had all been killed. Another reason I dislike cars, abeit a minor one.

On 2005-09-30, Terry Collins (aka Bruce)
> Shabby wrote:
>
>> I think we need a newsgroup for insomniac cat loving bike riders......

> Well, while we are on that subject,
> Has anyone trained their cat to travel?
> Other than in a cage to the vet I mean.

For a short term trip to the vet, I found the kittens[1] were fine
just travelling in my panniers or in a backpack. Bonus points for
amusing peds when a cat head pops out of the bag. Oi! Get back in
there!

Now, taking one on touring trips. Whee, that sounds like fun I could
do without!

> Looking at getting away soon and ***** accommodation is rather
> expensive. It wasn't so much the board and food, but the shots and vet
> certification to say she is exclusive enough to reside at this
> establishment.

Heh.

[1] Not anymore. They'd grow opposable thumbs, and pick up my carving
knife, and stick it through me in my sleep, as soon as they heard wind
that they were going to the vet by this method.

--
TimC
Your powerful weapons are no match for our puny brains.