No numbness boy saddle - advise, please

On Feb 22, 8:59 am, "Qui si parla Campagnolo" <[email protected]>
wrote:
> In my experience with lots of customers, bike fit determines saddle
> comfort way more than saddle design. Get a bike fit.- Hide quoted text -

Could you expand upon this in relavent details? To me, it seems the
crank, pedals, and seat are required comfort levels, and the stem and
bar(s) are for longer term fatigue factors including different
postitions to best accomodate the rider and/or riding cycles
currrently being performed.

On Feb 22, 8:26 am, "ddog" <[email protected]> wrote:
> On Feb 22, 8:59 am, "Qui si parla Campagnolo" <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>
> > In my experience with lots of customers, bike fit determines saddle
> > comfort way more than saddle design. Get a bike fit.- Hide quoted text -

> Could you expand upon this in relavent details? To me, it seems the
> crank, pedals, and seat are required comfort levels, and the stem and
> bar(s) are for longer term fatigue factors including different
> postitions to best accomodate the rider and/or riding cycles
> currrently being performed.

Sitting on the correct place on your sitz bones and having them be the
proper place on the saddle. The items addressed in a fit, top tube
length, stem length, seat tube angle, seat height, top of saddle to
top of stem, cleat position, hbar width, etc...all have an effect on
where you sit. Sitting on the proper part of your anatomy and having
be on the proper part of the saddle equals comfort. Think sitting on a
fence rail and then straddling a fence rail.

On Feb 22, 10:48 am, "Qui si parla Campagnolo" <[email protected]>
wrote:
> Sitting on the proper part of your anatomy and having
> be on the proper part of the saddle equals comfort. Think sitting on a
> fence rail and then straddling a fence rail.

Sounds like the difference between a crotchless saddle and a crotched
saddle. Good example.

On Feb 22, 10:10 am, "ddog" <[email protected]> wrote:
> On Feb 22, 10:48 am, "Qui si parla Campagnolo" <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>
> > Sitting on the proper part of your anatomy and having
> > be on the proper part of the saddle equals comfort. Think sitting on a
> > fence rail and then straddling a fence rail.

> Sounds like the difference between a crotchless saddle and a crotched
> saddle. Good example.

You really don't have any idea of how _utterly clueless_ you are, do
you?

Here's an idea: instead of making inane posts laced with anti-Asian
vitriol, lurk and learn for awhile. A good long while.

On Feb 22, 12:05 pm, "Ozark Bicycle"
<[email protected]> wrote:
> On Feb 22, 10:10 am, "ddog" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > On Feb 22, 10:48 am, "Qui si parla Campagnolo" <[email protected]>
> > wrote:

> > > Sitting on the proper part of your anatomy and having
> > > be on the proper part of the saddle equals comfort. Think sitting on a
> > > fence rail and then straddling a fence rail.

> > Sounds like the difference between a crotchless saddle and a crotched
> > saddle. Good example.

> You really don't have any idea of how _utterly clueless_ you are, do
> you?
>
> Here's an idea: instead of making inane posts laced with anti-Asian
> vitriol, lurk and learn for awhile. A good long while.

Ozark,

It was a relavent comment from Campy and myself. By your innability
to add any meaningful input, I believe I have long passed yourself
before even interested in bikes. Grow up Troll!

On Feb 22, 11:28 am, "ddog" <[email protected]> wrote:
> On Feb 22, 12:05 pm, "Ozark Bicycle"
>

> <[email protected]> wrote:
> > On Feb 22, 10:10 am, "ddog" <[email protected]> wrote:

> > > Sounds like the difference between a crotchless saddle and a crotched
> > > saddle. Good example.

> > You really don't have any idea of how _utterly clueless_ you are, do
> > you?

> > Here's an idea: instead of making inane posts laced with anti-Asian
> > vitriol, lurk and learn for awhile. A good long while.

> Ozark,
>
> It was a relavent comment from Campy

>From Peter Chisholm? Yes, he was making some good points re: a

comfortable position on a bicycle.

> and myself.

All you are doing is confirming that you are , indeed, _utterly
clueless_ .

"Ozark Bicycle" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Feb 22, 11:28 am, "ddog" <[email protected]> wrote:
> > On Feb 22, 12:05 pm, "Ozark Bicycle"
> >

> > <[email protected]> wrote:

sitting on a

crotched

> > > You really don't have any idea of how _utterly clueless_ you are,

do
> > > you?

> > > Here's an idea: instead of making inane posts laced with anti-Asian
> > > vitriol, lurk and learn for awhile. A good long while.

> > Ozark,
> >
> > It was a relavent comment from Campy

> >From Peter Chisholm? Yes, he was making some good points re: a

> comfortable position on a bicycle.
>
> > and myself.

> All you are doing is confirming that you are , indeed, _utterly
> clueless_ .

Care and feeding of developing trolls.

Chas.

On Feb 22, 12:58 pm, "* * Chas" <[email protected]> wrote:
> "Ozark Bicycle" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>
> news:[email protected]...
>

> > On Feb 22, 11:28 am, "ddog" <[email protected]> wrote:

> sitting on a

> crotched

> do

> > > Ozark,

> > > It was a relavent comment from Campy

> > >From Peter Chisholm? Yes, he was making some good points re: a

> > comfortable position on a bicycle.

> > > and myself.

> > All you are doing is confirming that you are , indeed, _utterly
> > clueless_ .

> Care and feeding of developing trolls.

You are, of course, correct. I do try to ignore the clueless canine,
but sometimes......

You can waste the bandwith foolishly attacking each other - wich you
should do in private, if do so insist on.

You could simply ignore what thing doesn't deserve a comment.

Or you could try to help someone with your experience, or if you think
the question is too stupid, save the bandwith and your time.

At least that's what sane adults are supposed to behave, I guess.

Ride more and fight less.

Evening,
jbr

On 22 Feb 2007 11:52:20 -0800, "Ozark Bicycle"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>On Feb 22, 12:58 pm, "* * Chas" <[email protected]> wrote:
>> "Ozark Bicycle" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>
>> news:[email protected]...

>> sitting on a

>> crotched

>> do

>> > comfortable position on a bicycle.

>> > All you are doing is confirming that you are , indeed, _utterly
>> > clueless_ .

>> Care and feeding of developing trolls.
>>

>You are, of course, correct. I do try to ignore the clueless canine,
>but sometimes......

Ride your 2 wheels, but in order to ride them yet another day!
bbb

In article
<[email protected]>,
Matt O'Toole <[email protected]> wrote:
[...]
> You'll always get Brooks fanatics chiming in on these threads.

You are reasonable. Those who prefer a stretched
leather saddle are fanatics.

--
Michael Press

On Feb 22, 11:33 pm, Michael Press <[email protected]> wrote:
> In article
> <[email protected]>,
> Matt O'Toole <[email protected]> wrote:
> [...]
>
> > You'll always get Brooks fanatics chiming in on these threads.

> You are reasonable. Those who prefer a stretched
> leather saddle are fanatics.

Those who "prefer" a stretched leather saddle are just expressing a
preference, IMO. It's those who think streched leather saddles are
"The Answer" to all sadlle comfort/fit problems that border on
fanaticism.

> > Brooks are
> > extremely comfortable, but only in one position, and they're really hard
> > on the nose. If you're a one-position rider they're great, but if you
> > like to move around on your saddle they're not nearly as good as some
> > others -- like the Turbomatic or WTB.

> --
> Michael Press

"Ozark Bicycle" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Feb 22, 11:33 pm, Michael Press <[email protected]> wrote:
> > In article
> > <[email protected]>,
> > Matt O'Toole <[email protected]> wrote:
> > [...]
> >
> > > You'll always get Brooks fanatics chiming in on these threads.

> > You are reasonable. Those who prefer a stretched
> > leather saddle are fanatics.

> Those who "prefer" a stretched leather saddle are just expressing a
> preference, IMO. It's those who think streched leather saddles are
> "The Answer" to all sadlle comfort/fit problems that border on
> fanaticism.

"Froggy little leather boys running naked through the fields...."

The Firesign Theatre

On Feb 23, 12:01 pm, "* * Chas" <[email protected]> wrote:
> "Ozark Bicycle" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>
> news:[email protected]...
>

> > On Feb 22, 11:33 pm, Michael Press <[email protected]> wrote:
> > > In article
> > > <[email protected]>,
> > > Matt O'Toole <[email protected]> wrote:
> > > [...]

> > > You are reasonable. Those who prefer a stretched
> > > leather saddle are fanatics.

> > Those who "prefer" a stretched leather saddle are just expressing a
> > preference, IMO. It's those who think streched leather saddles are
> > "The Answer" to all sadlle comfort/fit problems that border on
> > fanaticism.

> "Froggy little leather boys running naked through the fields...."
>
> The Firesign Theatre

You won't be welcome in Rivendell. ;-)

"Ozark Bicycle" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Feb 23, 12:01 pm, "* * Chas" <[email protected]> wrote:
> > "Ozark Bicycle" <[email protected]> wrote in

message

> > news:[email protected]...

> > > Those who "prefer" a stretched leather saddle are just expressing a
> > > preference, IMO. It's those who think streched leather saddles are
> > > "The Answer" to all sadlle comfort/fit problems that border on
> > > fanaticism.

> > "Froggy little leather boys running naked through the fields...."
> >
> > The Firesign Theatre

> You won't be welcome in Rivendell. ;-)

Is that a place or a state of mind? ;-)

Actually I only live about 15 miles from the land of OZ.

Chas.

On Feb 23, 9:18 pm, "* * Chas" <[email protected]> wrote:
> "Ozark Bicycle" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>
> news:[email protected]...
>

> > On Feb 23, 12:01 pm, "* * Chas" <[email protected]> wrote:
> > > "Ozark Bicycle" <[email protected]> wrote in

> message
>
> > >news:[email protected]...

> > > "Froggy little leather boys running naked through the fields...."

> > > The Firesign Theatre

> > You won't be welcome in Rivendell. ;-)

> Is that a place or a state of mind? ;-)

A little of both. And the only place to get a "fast marshmallow".

> Actually I only live about 15 miles from the land of OZ.

Do you make the pilgrimage often? ;-)

And have you placed your order for your very own 650B fixie mixte
tandem?

"Ozark Bicycle" <[email protected]> writes:

>> > You won't be welcome in Rivendell. ;-)

>> Is that a place or a state of mind? ;-)

> A little of both. And the only place to get a "fast marshmallow".

I'm a little confused about what you mean by "stretched" leather
saddles. Is that just a way of refering to leather saddles, or are
you discerning untightened/new with used ones that become lengthened,
i.e. the process in which they are stretched with use and tightening
of the tension screw? When mine get too soft, and start to sag I
tighten them to add firmness. Eventually they get really long making
it awkward getting off and back on to petal out of the saddle, and
they get too narrow, becoming uncomfortable, no longer fitting the
sit-bones as well, and then you run out of threads on the adjustment
screw, and they sag excessively, and you throw them away. That takes
a couple of years.

And how is it that leather horse saddles and shoes are universally
considered to be so comfortable.... whoops, I didn't say that. Note
to self: keep leather views to yourself, else be considered flaky.

In article
<[email protected]>
,
"Ozark Bicycle"
<[email protected]> wrote:

> On Feb 22, 11:33 pm, Michael Press <[email protected]> wrote:
> > In article
> > <[email protected]>,
> > Matt O'Toole <[email protected]> wrote:
> > [...]
> >
> > > You'll always get Brooks fanatics chiming in on these threads.

> > You are reasonable. Those who prefer a stretched
> > leather saddle are fanatics.

> Those who "prefer" a stretched leather saddle are just expressing a
> preference, IMO. It's those who think streched leather saddles are
> "The Answer" to all sadlle comfort/fit problems that border on
> fanaticism.

I do not remember reading those opinions.

--
Michael Press

"Ozark Bicycle" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Feb 23, 9:18 pm, "* * Chas" <[email protected]> wrote:
> > "Ozark Bicycle" <[email protected]> wrote in

message

> > news:[email protected]...

> > message

threads.

expressing a

are

> > > You won't be welcome in Rivendell. ;-)

> > Is that a place or a state of mind? ;-)

> A little of both. And the only place to get a "fast marshmallow".
>

> > Actually I only live about 15 miles from the land of OZ.

> Do you make the pilgrimage often? ;-)
>
> And have you placed your order for your very own 650B fixie mixte
> tandem?

"A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away...." Oh, wrong movie....

A LBS has an old Schwinn triple bicycle built for three in their window.
It's a single speed with coaster brakes, would that qualify?

Speaking of fixies, check out this one on our local Craig's list:

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/bik/281146526.html

Chas.

On Feb 24, 11:16 am, "* * Chas" <[email protected]> wrote:
> "Ozark Bicycle" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>
> news:[email protected]...
>

> > On Feb 23, 9:18 pm, "* * Chas" <[email protected]> wrote:
> > > "Ozark Bicycle" <[email protected]> wrote in

> message
>
> > >news:[email protected]...

> > > message

> threads.

> expressing a

> are

> > > Is that a place or a state of mind? ;-)

> > A little of both. And the only place to get a "fast marshmallow".

> > > Actually I only live about 15 miles from the land of OZ.

> > Do you make the pilgrimage often? ;-)

> > And have you placed your order for your very own 650B fixie mixte
> > tandem?

> "A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away...." Oh, wrong movie....
>
> A LBS has an old Schwinn triple bicycle built for three in their window.
> It's a single speed with coaster brakes, would that qualify?

No, wrong niche. Grant & Co will mine the SS w/coaster brake triple
market in a few years. With 650Bs, unless that bubble has already
burst by then.

> Speaking of fixies, check out this one on our local Craig's list:
>
> http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/bik/281146526.html

LOL!!! I made it down to the third paragraph before I "got" what was
going on.

wrote:

> > threads.

> > expressing a

saddles
> > are

on

fields...."

> > > A little of both. And the only place to get a "fast marshmallow".

> > > Do you make the pilgrimage often? ;-)

> > > And have you placed your order for your very own 650B fixie mixte
> > > tandem?

> > "A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away...." Oh, wrong movie....
> >
> > A LBS has an old Schwinn triple bicycle built for three in their

window.
> > It's a single speed with coaster brakes, would that qualify?

> No, wrong niche. Grant & Co will mine the SS w/coaster brake triple
> market in a few years. With 650Bs, unless that bubble has already
> burst by then.
>

> > Speaking of fixies, check out this one on our local Craig's list:
> >
> > http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/bik/281146526.html
> >

> LOL!!! I made it down to the third paragraph before I "got" what was
> going on.

It's small enough to carry on an elevator when you're going up to the 49th
floor to deliver a package.

In Portland, I heard the term was Fake-inger.

Chas.