No numbness boy saddle - advise, please

On Feb 22, 4:04 am, [email protected] (BigBenBiker) wrote:
---snip---

> >I like the Terry Liberator (apparently they branched out into men's
> >saddles ; I got a bunch on closeout though, so maybe they got back
> >out of the men's biz). About $40 reg price.

> Been watching that too. The Fly, and the Fly Y seam appealing.

---/snip---

The liberator is pretty wide, and VERY thickly padded.

I rode with a Terry Fly for most of the last two years, but after
doing a few late season centuries, decided to take it off (it's on my
MTB right now). While I like the saddle on shorter rides (<50 miles),
there were a few things that didn't really work for me on longer
rides. I prefer a saddle with a little 'kick' in the tail (like the
original flite) to push back against while climbing. Even worse, the
Fly, while relatively low profile, is still too heavily padded, and
too wide in the nose, for my personal anatomy, leading to lotsa
chafing. I'm back to my old Flite Gel while considering whether to
pony up for a Specialized Toupe.

YMMV.

SYJ