O/T slightly. Hotel advice Manchester Velodrome

Jan

Guest
Just looking at the Travelodge web site.
Is the Manchester Sportcity Travelodge near to the Velodrome?
Or do you have any other recommendations please ?

Thanks

Jan

On May 1, 10:56 am, "Jan" <[email protected]> wrote:
> Just looking at the Travelodge web site.
> Is the Manchester Sportcity Travelodge near to the Velodrome?

It's about 2km south along the A6010

Bronzie wrote:
> On May 1, 10:56 am, "Jan" <[email protected]> wrote:
>> Just looking at the Travelodge web site.
>> Is the Manchester Sportcity Travelodge near to the Velodrome?

> It's about 2km south along the A6010

Thanks Bronzie.
As its that far away I think we might as well stay in the centre of
Manchester and get Public transport or taxi out to the Velodrome.

Any thoughts?

Thanks
Jan

If your in the city there are plenty of hotels. You might want one
near Picadilly Gardens or the Norther Quarter as you'll most likely be
catching the 216, 217, 236 or 237 busses which leave from there.

Jan wrote:
> Just looking at the Travelodge web site.
> Is the Manchester Sportcity Travelodge near to the Velodrome?
> Or do you have any other recommendations please ?

There is a street in the centre which has Premierlodge, Ibis and Novotel
in a line. I would go for one of these.
There is another Ibis near UMIST, which is OK.

Out of University term time, how about phoning any of the Unis
accomodation services and asking about student room or apartment rental?
They're built to a good standard these days, with the holiday let market
in mind. (Haven't stayed in the Manchester ones, but have been to
Edinburgh regularly and Leeds also)