Paris Roubaix to be shown live on SBS

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by [email protected], Mar 20, 2007.

  1. In case you didn't know

    Tags:

  2. gplama

    gplama Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    May 16, 2004
    Messages:
    7,817
    OooOoOoOOoOO dates/times? Pizza and bikes at my place everyone! Bring the pizza, I'll supply the TV services! :)

  3. Parbs

    Parbs Guest

    gplama wrote:
    > [email protected] Wrote:
    >> In case you didn't know

    > OooOoOoOOoOO dates/times?

    Lama lama lama... April 15

  4. TimC

    TimC Guest

    On 2007-03-20, Parbs (aka Bruce)
    > gplama wrote:
    >> [email protected] Wrote:
    >>> In case you didn't know

    >> OooOoOoOOoOO dates/times?

    > Lama lama lama... April 15

    W00t! What a birthday present!

    --
    TimC
    The other day I overheard that a friend of the family had called their

  5. ::dom::

    ::dom:: New Member

    Joined:
    Feb 28, 2004
    Anybody want to take pity on a poor cycling fan who live in a county where there is NO cycling at all on TV... and record Paris - Roubaix. Happy to pay for the DVD, registered post and for a few liquid refreshments for the trouble.... :D :D :D

  6. gravelmuncher

    gravelmuncher New Member

    Joined:
    Aug 14, 2003
    Cool cool cool. But, is it still ok to bitch about all the ad's .... and Mike T ??

    gm

  7. Dave

    Dave Guest

    On Tue, 20 Mar 2007 19:08:50 +1100, gplama wrote:

    > OooOoOoOOoOO dates/times? Pizza and bikes at my place everyone! Bring
    > the pizza, I'll supply the TV services! :)

    If you're providing the bikes it could be worth a trip to Melbourne...

    --
    Dave Hughes | [email protected]
    "I've found that nurturing one's Zen nature is vital to dealing with

  8. TimC

    TimC Guest

    On 2007-03-21, Dave (aka Bruce)
    > On Tue, 20 Mar 2007 19:08:50 +1100, gplama wrote:
    >
    >> OooOoOoOOoOO dates/times? Pizza and bikes at my place everyone! Bring
    >> the pizza, I'll supply the TV services! :)

    > If you're providing the bikes it could be worth a trip to Melbourne...

    I agree. I'll take any one of your old Giants since you aren't be
    needing them anymore.

    --
    TimC
    #define FUZZ 0.0001 /*author: Marc Goodman in ARK*/

  9. Shabby

    Shabby New Member

    Joined:
    Mar 13, 2003
    Source? I can't find it on the net... if you know when and what time, I know a guy who knows a guy who owns a place in South Melbourne which is cyclofriendly and has a big screen............

  10. Darryl C

    Darryl C Guest

    In article <[email protected]>,
    Shabby <[email protected]> wrote:

    > [email protected] Wrote:
    > > In case you didn't know

    > Source? I can't find it on the net... if you know when and what time, I
    > know a guy who knows a guy who owns a place in South Melbourne which is
    > cyclofriendly and has a big screen............

    The Paris-Roubaix is to be held on 15 April 2007.

    The SBS website does not indicate if/when it will be shown.

    The "A Sunday in Hell" DVD story of the 1976 Paris-Roubaix has just been
    released:
    <http://www.digitales.com.au/item.asp?CatID=166&ItemID=4789&Start=0&s=>

    That should keep you going until April.

    regards,
    Darryl

  11. On Mar 21, 11:16 pm, Shabby <[email protected]
    mx.forums.cyclingforums.com> wrote:
    > [email protected] Wrote:> In case you didn't know
    >
    > Source? I can't find it on the net... if you know when and what time, I
    > know a guy who knows a guy who owns a place in South Melbourne which is
    > cyclofriendly and has a big screen............
    >
    > --
    > Shabby

    Source... Mike Tomilaris announced it on the Johnny Warren charity
    ride.
    I wrote to SBS last year requesting they show it live when they were
    showing the tour live.

    "A Sunday in Hell" has been around for a long time. I gave away my
    copy about 10 years ago. Not as good as "Overcoming" or "Hell on
    Wheels".

  12. On Mar 20, 10:13 pm, ::dom:: <[email protected]
    mx.forums.cyclingforums.com> wrote:
    > Anybody want to take pity on a poor cycling fan who live in a county
    > where there is NO cycling at all on TV... and record Paris - Roubaix.
    > Happy to pay for the DVD, registered post and for a few liquid
    > refreshments for the trouble.... :D :D :D
    >
    > --
    > ::dom::

    I'm sure I can help you out Dom if nobody else does.

    Where abouts are you?

  13. Parbs

    Parbs Guest

    [email protected] wrote:

    > I'm sure I can help you out Dom if nobody else does.
    >
    > Where abouts are you?

    If I recall correctly, Dom is in Fiji.

    Parbs

  14. ::dom::

    ::dom:: New Member

    Joined:
    Feb 28, 2004

    Yup! Sunny Fiji... where even the coups are cool... and you can cycle in a short sleeve jersey at 4am in the middle of winter.... BUT NO CYCLING ON TV :eek: :mad:
    I have an Aus bank account so I can DD the cost of media and postage... and of course a few brews for the trouble.

  15. cfsmtb

    cfsmtb New Member

    Joined:
    Apr 11, 2003
    Messages:
    4,963
    Is it worth seeding the PR coverage onto torrent?

  16. gplama

    gplama Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    May 16, 2004
    Messages:
    7,817
    If it is on live here, I'll be capping it - for personal viewing only, of course ;)

  17. On Mar 20, 5:26 pm, [email protected] wrote:
    > In case you didn't know

    After contacting SBS it seems they were unable to secure the rights to
    this years P-R in time. (seems problems with ASO delayed signing)
    SBS say they have secured the rights for next year so it looks like
    we'll have to watch it on the web!

  18. gplama

    gplama Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    May 16, 2004
    Messages:
    7,817
    arh well... after jumping through a few hoops (or hops? :) ) last night I caught the last 90kms of Flanders live on teh interweebs.... top stuff.... and good to have an alternative to SBS :)

  19. parawolf

    parawolf New Member

    Joined:
    Jan 16, 2006

    Wasn't it a great finish. I was hooked from about 80km to go!

  20. DaveB

    DaveB Guest

    Lama was that you on Koonung Trail today? Hard to keep an eye on the
    cyclists given the number of unleashed dogs on the path. One guy must
    have figured if his two dogs were lashed together they were considered
    leashed, even if he wasn't attached to them. Looked like great potential
    for cycling carnage if the dogs took different directions with the lead
    across the path. :(

    DaveB