Paris Roubaix to be shown live on SBS

On 2007-03-20, Parbs (aka Bruce)
> gplama wrote:
>> [email protected] Wrote:
>>> In case you didn't know

>> OooOoOoOOoOO dates/times?

> Lama lama lama... April 15

W00t! What a birthday present!

--
TimC
The other day I overheard that a friend of the family had called their
new kid "Noah". I thinks "Noah? I 'ardly -" and then I bursts out
laughing.. -- Screwtape in RHOD

Anybody want to take pity on a poor cycling fan who live in a county where there is NO cycling at all on TV... and record Paris - Roubaix. Happy to pay for the DVD, registered post and for a few liquid refreshments for the trouble.... :D :D :D

On Tue, 20 Mar 2007 19:08:50 +1100, gplama wrote:

> OooOoOoOOoOO dates/times? Pizza and bikes at my place everyone! Bring
> the pizza, I'll supply the TV services! :)

If you're providing the bikes it could be worth a trip to Melbourne...

--
Dave Hughes | [email protected]
"I've found that nurturing one's Zen nature is vital to dealing with

On 2007-03-21, Dave (aka Bruce)
> On Tue, 20 Mar 2007 19:08:50 +1100, gplama wrote:
>
>> OooOoOoOOoOO dates/times? Pizza and bikes at my place everyone! Bring
>> the pizza, I'll supply the TV services! :)

> If you're providing the bikes it could be worth a trip to Melbourne...

I agree. I'll take any one of your old Giants since you aren't be
needing them anymore.

--
TimC
#define FUZZ 0.0001 /*author: Marc Goodman in ARK*/

In case you didn't know
Source? I can't find it on the net... if you know when and what time, I know a guy who knows a guy who owns a place in South Melbourne which is cyclofriendly and has a big screen............

In article <[email protected]>,
Shabby <[email protected]> wrote:

> [email protected] Wrote:
> > In case you didn't know

> Source? I can't find it on the net... if you know when and what time, I
> know a guy who knows a guy who owns a place in South Melbourne which is
> cyclofriendly and has a big screen............

The Paris-Roubaix is to be held on 15 April 2007.

The SBS website does not indicate if/when it will be shown.

The "A Sunday in Hell" DVD story of the 1976 Paris-Roubaix has just been
released:
<http://www.digitales.com.au/item.asp?CatID=166&ItemID=4789&Start=0&s=>

That should keep you going until April.

regards,
Darryl

On Mar 21, 11:16 pm, Shabby <Shabby.2ns...@no-
mx.forums.cyclingforums.com> wrote:
> [email protected] Wrote:> In case you didn't know
>
> Source? I can't find it on the net... if you know when and what time, I
> know a guy who knows a guy who owns a place in South Melbourne which is
> cyclofriendly and has a big screen............
>
> --
> Shabby

Source... Mike Tomilaris announced it on the Johnny Warren charity
ride.
I wrote to SBS last year requesting they show it live when they were
showing the tour live.

"A Sunday in Hell" has been around for a long time. I gave away my
copy about 10 years ago. Not as good as "Overcoming" or "Hell on
Wheels".

On Mar 20, 10:13 pm, ::dom:: <dom.2nq...@no-
mx.forums.cyclingforums.com> wrote:
> Anybody want to take pity on a poor cycling fan who live in a county
> where there is NO cycling at all on TV... and record Paris - Roubaix.
> Happy to pay for the DVD, registered post and for a few liquid
> refreshments for the trouble.... :D :D :D
>
> --
> ::dom::

I'm sure I can help you out Dom if nobody else does.

Where abouts are you?

> I'm sure I can help you out Dom if nobody else does.
>
> Where abouts are you?

If I recall correctly, Dom is in Fiji.

Parbs

Parbs said:
[email protected] wrote:

> I'm sure I can help you out Dom if nobody else does.
>
> Where abouts are you?

If I recall correctly, Dom is in Fiji.

Parbs

Yup! Sunny Fiji... where even the coups are cool... and you can cycle in a short sleeve jersey at 4am in the middle of winter.... BUT NO CYCLING ON TV :eek: :mad:
I have an Aus bank account so I can DD the cost of media and postage... and of course a few brews for the trouble.

::dom:: said:
Yup! Sunny Fiji... where even the coups are cool... and you can cycle in a short sleeve jersey at 4am in the middle of winter.... BUT NO CYCLING ON TV :eek: :mad:
I have an Aus bank account so I can DD the cost of media and postage... and of course a few brews for the trouble.

Is it worth seeding the PR coverage onto torrent?

On Mar 20, 5:26 pm, [email protected] wrote:
> In case you didn't know

After contacting SBS it seems they were unable to secure the rights to
this years P-R in time. (seems problems with ASO delayed signing)
SBS say they have secured the rights for next year so it looks like
we'll have to watch it on the web!

After contacting SBS it seems they were unable to secure the rights to
this years P-R in time. (seems problems with ASO delayed signing)
SBS say they have secured the rights for next year so it looks like
we'll have to watch it on the web!

arh well... after jumping through a few hoops (or hops? :) ) last night I caught the last 90kms of Flanders live on teh interweebs.... top stuff.... and good to have an alternative to SBS :)

gplama said:
arh well... after jumping through a few hoops (or hops? :) ) last night I caught the last 90kms of Flanders live on teh interweebs.... top stuff.... and good to have an alternative to SBS :)

Wasn't it a great finish. I was hooked from about 80km to go!

Lama was that you on Koonung Trail today? Hard to keep an eye on the
cyclists given the number of unleashed dogs on the path. One guy must
have figured if his two dogs were lashed together they were considered
leashed, even if he wasn't attached to them. Looked like great potential
for cycling carnage if the dogs took different directions with the lead
across the path. :(

DaveB