Pedal Question from Born again Cyclist

Martin

Guest
Dear Group, i have just bought myself a lovely new bike (Saracen Venturer)
after my old one gave out after 25 years good service.

I should say here that i don't intend to do any off road riding, this is
just for commuting, exercise and fun.

I think the new bike is great and i enjoy riding it very much apart from one
small ****le, the pedals.

They seem to be a bit on the small side for my liking, both in lenght and
width and they seem a bit slippy. Could you kind folks suggest a good wide
non slippy set of pedals for me please?

Oh! i'm in the UK if thats any help.

--
Best Wishes from Martin

So many questions, so few answers.

PGP Key ID, 0x581E4CE1

[email protected] wrote:
> Hi, Martin, can you tell us whether your pedals have a 1/2" thread, or
> a 9/16" ?
>
> Lewis. (a former Brit)
>
> ***************

9/16" Lewis as far as i know.
--
Best Wishes from Martin

So many questions, so few answers.

PGP Key ID, 0x581E4CE1

The Bike Nashbar company carries 2 sets of extra wide pedals, takes mail order
and personal checks, decent stuff in my limited experience.

http://www.nashbar.com/results.cfm?...ry=1181&storetype=&estoreid=&init=y&pagename=

news:[email protected]...

Martin wrote:
> I should say here that i don't intend to do any off road riding, this is
> just for commuting, exercise and fun.

<snip>
> Oh! i'm in the UK if thats any help.

You're in luck. Pedal threads are about the only thing on bikes that
are almost completely standardized, so you can put just about any pedal
you like on your bike.

If you're looking for ordinary "rattrap" pedals, you could look at St
John St Cycles online. For instance, they have these:
http://www.sjscycles.com/store/vIndex.htm?item7050.htm
http://www.sjscycles.com/store/vIndex.htm?item8633.htm
If you're looking for pedals with a really large platform, BMX shops
are the place to go:
http://www.pictoncycles.co.uk/parts.htm#pedals

Jeff