Photos and video from a tour of Santa Barbara.

On 01 Nov 2004 05:28:03 GMT, terminaut
<[email protected]> wrote:

> This thread has completely gone out of control from the original
> topic, but hey - have you ridden the Viejo Tie loop? ...then connect
> it to Chiquita over to the Candy Store loop for some fun techie /
> rocky stuff? There's some pedalling involved but it's worth a look.

Never done it, or heard of it for that matter. Sounds very interesting.....
Any pics?

--
Slacker

I've got a few pics somewhere and maybe a short vid clip or two. I'll have
to dig them out later and upload it. The fun factor is sort of like some of
the Santa Barbara trails, except there are a few short climb sections which
you'd probably have to push if you're riding a full-on DH bike.

"Bob Rogers" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> "R.White" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > "Bob Rogers" <[email protected]> wrote in message

> news:<[email protected]>...
> > > "B i l l S o r n s o n" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > > news:%[email protected]...

> nerve

> miserable
> > > >

> > > Nah don't think so. I have a nice family, kids, job, house.

> > A wife who's married to a guy who makes sexual comments towards children.
> >
> > Kids who's father is a known pedophile.+

> Really?
> Prove it

Your past posting history proves it. Now it's time for you to start crying
like when Travis "threatened" to kill you. Bwahahahaha!

"TBF" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> > Yeah, put him in jail so the taxpayers would pay even more than they
> > do now. Great idea, dumbass.
> >
> > BTW, if he was in arrears, he would have been picked up
> > by now. It's not like he's in hiding. Since he obviously
> > isn't behind on his support, it isn't any of your concern.
> >
> >>Up here we call it the Bobby Brown shuffle....

> > That's funny, you, Bob Rogers and Bobby Brown all
> > abuse women. Go figure.

> LOL, your funny. Thanks for the laughs. Lawd, I missed the entertainment
> being on vacation.

More like you just got out of jail. Again.

"TBF" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> > Yeah, put him in jail so the taxpayers would pay even more than they
> > do now. Great idea, dumbass.
> >
> > BTW, if he was in arrears, he would have been picked up
> > by now. It's not like he's in hiding. Since he obviously
> > isn't behind on his support, it isn't any of your concern.
> >
> >>Up here we call it the Bobby Brown shuffle....

> > That's funny, you, Bob Rogers and Bobby Brown all
> > abuse women. Go figure.

> LOL, your funny. Thanks for the laughs. Lawd, I missed the entertainment
> being on vacation.

More like you just got out of jail. Again.

"R.White" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "TBF" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:<[email protected]>...
>> > Yeah, put him in jail so the taxpayers would pay even more than they
>> > do now. Great idea, dumbass.
>> >
>> > BTW, if he was in arrears, he would have been picked up
>> > by now. It's not like he's in hiding. Since he obviously
>> > isn't behind on his support, it isn't any of your concern.

>> > That's funny, you, Bob Rogers and Bobby Brown all
>> > abuse women. Go figure.

>> LOL, your funny. Thanks for the laughs. Lawd, I missed the entertainment
>> being on vacation.

> More like you just got out of jail. Again.

I'm sure the convicts have better come-backs. any choice in venue?

"R.White" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> > Prove it

> Your past posting history proves it. Now it's time for you to start crying
> like when Travis "threatened" to kill you. Bwahahahaha!

My Ricky Alan White hall of fame moments are:

--Ricky calling the cops because he didn't like what someone posted

--Complaining that his neighbors and fellow church members were reading what
some one posted

--Some of the racist remarks he made even after the two above

No wonder your sister offed herself and your first wife ran out on you

On Sun, 31 Oct 2004 18:08:09 -0800, Slacker <[email protected]> wrote:

> Hey, there's a time and place for everything (except Single Speeds).
>
> And it's now *S H U T T L E* time baby!!!!!
>
> :)

Oh, now, don't make me come up there and work you over big-time, Slack.
You keep talking that way and I might just have to represent the SS
crowd... the fast downhill SS crowd.

miles

<[email protected]> wrote:

> This thread has completely gone out of control from the original
> topic, but hey - have you ridden the Viejo Tie loop? ...then connect
> it to Chiquita over to the Candy Store loop for some fun techie /
> rocky stuff? There's some pedalling involved but it's worth a look.

Is there even another way? I haven't gone left at The Rock in over a
decade, and can't tink of any good reason to start now.

miles

> miles toddwrote:

> Is there even another way? I haven't gone left at The Rock in over

> decade, and can't tink of any good reason to start now.
>
> miles

My ideal loop is to climb to Cocktail Rock, take the right there,
connect to Viejo Tie at the T, veer on to Chiquita. When you exit
Chiquita and get to the Candy Store you can do the Candy Store loop,
then climb to Blue Jay. At this point you can either descend back
down SJT or if you're feeling the madness, take Main Divide over to
Los Pinos and get "back down" that way.

I think Aquaholic likes to go left at the rock so that he can try to
clean the heart-busting climb about a quarter mile or so in.

> slackwrote:

> Never done it, or heard of it for that matter. Sounds very

interesting.....

> Any pics?

I haven't had a chance to look for my photos but I found a short video
of a rocky section. As usual, the video doesn't do the trail
justice.

http://www.fooriders.com/videos/rocksection.mpg

A buddy of mine snapped this shot on their Chiquita ride a couple of
weeks ago:

http://tinyurl.com/682m4

Lots of fun stuff on that trail. :)

On Tue, 02 Nov 2004 05:51:37 GMT, miles todd <[email protected]> wrote:

> On Sun, 31 Oct 2004 18:08:09 -0800, Slacker <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>

>> Hey, there's a time and place for everything (except Single Speeds).
>>
>> And it's now *S H U T T L E* time baby!!!!!
>>
>> :)

> Oh, now, don't make me come up there and work you over big-time, Slack..
> You keep talking that way and I might just have to represent the SS
> crowd... the fast downhill SS crowd.
>
> miles

hehehe... bout time you woke up.

--
Slacker

On 02 Nov 2004 08:06:15 GMT, terminaut
<[email protected]> wrote:

>> slackwrote:

>> Never done it, or heard of it for that matter. Sounds very

> interesting.....
>>
>> Any pics?
>>

> I haven't had a chance to look for my photos but I found a short video
> of a rocky section. As usual, the video doesn't do the trail
> justice.
>
> http://www.fooriders.com/videos/rocksection.mpg

That looks good and rocky... I really like it, but are you guys going so
slow :p

--
Slacker

> slackwrote:

> That looks good and rocky... I really like it, but are you guys

going so
> slow :p

Heheh. Yeah, I need to get some faster-riding friends. ;-) These guys
seem to never shut up and ride. Heck, look what some of them were
doing recently! Oh the humanity...

http://www.mbaction.com/detail.asp?id=1100

I found another clip of Chiquita, but Stu (from Team Turner) makes all
the tricky stuff look deceiving simple. If you're not on a
singlespeed, prepare to lose a derailleur on that trail! :)

http://www.fooriders.com/videos/chiquitatech.wmv

On 02 Nov 2004 07:46:29 GMT, terminaut
<[email protected]> wrote:

>> miles toddwrote:

>> Is there even another way? I haven't gone left at The Rock in over

>> decade, and can't tink of any good reason to start now.
>>
>> miles

> My ideal loop is to climb to Cocktail Rock, take the right there,
> connect to Viejo Tie at the T, veer on to Chiquita. When you exit
> Chiquita and get to the Candy Store you can do the Candy Store loop,
> then climb to Blue Jay. At this point you can either descend back
> down SJT or if you're feeling the madness, take Main Divide over to
> Los Pinos and get "back down" that way.
>
> I think Aquaholic likes to go left at the rock so that he can try to
> clean the heart-busting climb about a quarter mile or so in.

Aqua has never gone to the right as far as I know.m I believe that nobody
has ever shown him the goods.

My loop starts the same as yours, but I make a left on Chiquita, and up to
Blue Jay. Turn around, and head back down. On the downhill run I skip
Chiquita/Viejo (because , I'll admit, too much pushing the bike) and just
cruise back on Old SJT to the Rock, then down.

I rode (well, the downhills, anyway) Los Pinoses once. I can't say that I
am in any hurry to go back, but I tell everybody I know that hasn't yet
ridden it that it absolutely rules. Once you get past the first climb, I
tell them, a fantastic, fun trail awaits.

Someday somebody will bite, and give it a try. Some day.

miles

"terminaut" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> "JD" <[email protected]> wrote:
> >>
> >> Such a ***** to money... That's really the problem with society today.
> >> Stick
> >> to your principals and you will be better for it.

> > That's funny because unless I'm mistaken, *you* first mentioned a
> > wager, not me. Again, your spins are dizzying.

> I'm just amazed that you still got hooked despite my posting that "I was
> trolling".

The old "I was trolling you" bit. How unoriginal.

> It's still quiet and lonely for probably a hundred miles of trails, you
> dolt. But hey - what do I know compared to the notorious JD who's been
> riding since '86.

Namecalling isn't very becoming of you either.

> Could it be because you really weren't on those trails back then? Where does
> Bell Ridge start, for instance?

You have no idea of what I was doing in 1986, nor does anyone who
posts on am-b. However, there are those who do know and have ridden
with me on several occasions here who know I'm not a liar.

> >> Ooooh... The ol' "I've been doing this before Jesus so I'm better than
> >> you"
> >> reasoning. If what you say is true then the guys who worked on Bell Ridge
> >> would be duely impressed.

> > I don't really care who might be impressed by whatever. I asked you
> > what you were doing in 1986 and you came up with yet another spin.

> Me, I was still racing BMX, which is the truth.

wow...cool

> You, on the other hand, seem to be outright lying.

Things are not always as they seem, are they?

> It's easy enough to make blatant claims with your keyboard and play armchair
> hard-ass.

It would seem that you and your friends are the loudmouthed ones,
especially in that video.

> The fact is, I and "my crowd" have ridden and helped work on more
> trails in the local mountains than you could possibly imagine with your
> feeble fairy tales of days gone by. Wanna see who some of us are? Turn to
> page 87 in the Fat Tire book. Awards? How about the Forest Service's Trail
> Advocate Award for Superior Volunteers Services.

You toot your horn so well. Toot away!

> It's humorous how you talk like you're big **** because you've been riding
> in 1986. Wow, way to go freak! I don't suppose you helped Gary Fisher invent
> the mountain bike?

Your twists and turns sure are funny. Spin away, little ballerina.

> >> Tell me... So you must have also ridden the network of trails in
> >> Silverado
> >> Canyon as well?

> > As far as me "making stuff up on the internet", believe
> > what you wish.

> Yes - the truth is plainly visible with your dodge. Any local that has been
> riding our mountains for 2 decades would be able to spew dozens of
> [lesser-known] trail names besides the ones that I've brought attention to.
> As it is, you seem all-too-excited just to ride something like Holy Jim
> which is a mainstream trail that we hold races on for God's sake.

I drive a Ford, not a Dodge. You have no idea what I have or have not
ridden in SoCal. Keep flailing away though, it's really funny.

JD

"terminaut" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Here's a proposal. Put a truce in place and let's ride Tunnel together when
> you have an opportunity. I will video the experience and we'll see just
> exactly how different or similar we are when the video is played back. Bring
> your rigid singlespeed and I will do the same.

Let's go back to my original post in this thread where I indicated
that I would not ride with a bunch of loudmouths, shall we?

JD

"terminaut" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> "JD" <[email protected]> wrote:
> > I guess that anyone who doesn't care to keep their bicycle on a trail
> > would think that way:
> > http://www.spokejunkies.com/boardimages/18656-wheresthetrail.jpg
> >

> Wow - you got me! Why don't _you_ tell me where you think the trail is or
> ought to be?

<snip>

The fact of the matter there is that no trail can be seen in that
photo, so it makes one wonder just how responsible that individual is
being.

> BTW, theft of the image

<snip>

So, sue me. Since you think you know so much about me, it shouldn't
be that difficult for you.

JD

On 2 Nov 2004 17:39:50 -0800, [email protected] (JD) wrote:

>"terminaut" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
>> Here's a proposal. Put a truce in place and let's ride Tunnel together when
>> you have an opportunity. I will video the experience and we'll see just
>> exactly how different or similar we are when the video is played back. Bring
>> your rigid singlespeed and I will do the same.

>Let's go back to my original post in this thread where I indicated
>that I would not ride with a bunch of loudmouths, shall we?
>
>JD

Damn. I don't check out the group for a while, and when I do I see
that JD is still making friends. Strange how he always seems to be
the center of the s*&t, no matter who he's sparring with. Truly, he is
Usenet hall of fame material.

Maybe it IS just him......

Dave (anxiously awaiting Fagerlin to chime in....then we'll have a
show!)