Photos and video from a tour of Santa Barbara.

miles todd wrote:

> I rode (well, the downhills, anyway) Los Pinoses once. I can't say
> that I am in any hurry to go back, but I tell everybody I know that
> hasn't yet ridden it that it absolutely rules. Once you get past the
> first climb, I tell them, a fantastic, fun trail awaits.

"The horror of that moment I shall never forget," said the king.

"You will, though, if you don't make a memorandum of it," replied the queen.

Bill "Los Pinos shan't have me again" S.

On 02 Nov 2004 16:51:54 GMT, terminaut
<[email protected]> wrote:

>> slackwrote:

>> That looks good and rocky... I really like it, but are you guys

> going so
>> slow :p
>>

> Heheh. Yeah, I need to get some faster-riding friends. ;-) These guys
> seem to never shut up and ride. Heck, look what some of them were
> doing recently! Oh the humanity...
>
> http://www.mbaction.com/detail.asp?id=1100

That's disgusting.

> I found another clip of Chiquita, but Stu (from Team Turner) makes all
> the tricky stuff look deceiving simple. If you're not on a
> singlespeed, prepare to lose a derailleur on that trail! :)
>
> http://www.fooriders.com/videos/chiquitatech.wmv

That was even more disgusting :)

--
Slacker

"JD" <[email protected]> wrote:
> "terminaut" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:<[email protected]>...
>> Bring your rigid singlespeed and I will do the same.

> Let's go back to my original post in this thread where I indicated
> that I would not ride with a bunch of loudmouths, shall we?

Smells like fear, but it's just as well since the locals don't want you
there anyways. Seems they expect bikers to make noise when on Tunnel. I
believe you might "be familiar" with this.

"JD" <[email protected]> wrote:
>> I'm just amazed that you still got hooked despite my posting that "I was
>> trolling".

> The old "I was trolling you" bit. How unoriginal.

Clearly I wrote I was trolling. Despite the possibility of being unoriginal,
it still hooked.

>> It's still quiet and lonely for probably a hundred miles of trails, you
>> dolt. But hey - what do I know compared to the notorious JD who's been
>> riding since '86.

> Namecalling isn't very becoming of you either.

Wow - talk about unoriginal. I suppose that's a good dodge though for
someone who has fantasies of having ridden trails like Bell Ridge in '86.
And you're right; calling you out as a dolt is akin to telling a retarded
kid that he's retarded. Unoriginal it is.

>> Could it be because you really weren't on those trails back then?
>> Where does Bell Ridge start, for instance?

Nary a response? The start of Bell Ridge (a mainstream trail, btw) should be
easy enough. Bonus points if you know where the Oaks trail is, but I have a
sneaky suspicion you don't know jack about the local mountains that you're
thumping about having ridden since 1986.

> You have no idea of what I was doing in 1986

Are you kidding? Just a couple of days ago you were boasting to the world
about riding trails like Bell Ridge in 1986! Did you or didn't you? If you
made that up, then yeah well we really don't have any idea what you were
doing in 1986.

> nor does anyone who posts on am-b.

Wow that's convenient! "No one here can back up anything I say, but just
believe everything I claim".

> However, there are those who do know and have ridden
> with me on several occasions here who know I'm not a liar.

Did you tell these imaginary people that you're not a liar or did they tell
you?

>> > I don't really care who might be impressed by whatever. I asked you
>> > what you were doing in 1986 and you came up with yet another spin.

>> Me, I was still racing BMX, which is the truth.

> wow...cool

Not really... but you kept asking so there it is.

>> You, on the other hand, seem to be outright lying.

> Things are not always as they seem, are they?

Oh I think it's very clear.

>> It's easy enough to make blatant claims with your keyboard
>> and play armchair hard-ass.

> It would seem that you and your friends are the loudmouthed ones,
> especially in that video.

Well - with over six hundred downloads so far it doesn't seem anyone else
agrees with you.

>> The fact is, I and "my crowd" have ridden and helped work on more
>> trails in the local mountains than you could possibly imagine with your
>> feeble fairy tales of days gone by. Wanna see who some of us are? Turn to
>> page 87 in the Fat Tire book. Awards? How about the Forest Service's
>> Trail
>> Advocate Award for Superior Volunteers Services.

> You toot your horn so well. Toot away!

It's just a little background for the other folks reading, really. Most
people prefer factual data over the whole "I was riding those trails since
1986 when the weekends were quiet and lonely so I'm better than you (even
though nobody on alt.mountain-bike can back my claim)" shtick.

>> It's humorous how you talk like you're big **** because you've been
>> riding
>> in 1986. Wow, way to go freak! I don't suppose you helped Gary Fisher
>> invent
>> the mountain bike?

> Your twists and turns sure are funny. Spin away, little ballerina.

Hell, I thought you would appreciate my attempt to help you make up
something else interesting to add to your [fictitious] mountain biking
history. Let's see, you rode Bell Ridge in 1986? Haha.

>> > As far as me "making stuff up on the internet", believe
>> > what you wish.

>> Yes - the truth is plainly visible with your dodge. Any local that has
>> been
>> riding our mountains for 2 decades would be able to spew dozens of
>> [lesser-known] trail names besides the ones that I've brought attention
>> to.
>> As it is, you seem all-too-excited just to ride something like Holy Jim
>> which is a mainstream trail that we hold races on for God's sake.

> You have no idea what I have or have not
> ridden in SoCal. Keep flailing away though, it's really funny.

Oh but it IS really funny. Are you suffering from amnesia or something?
Just a couple of days ago you boasted to the whole alt.mountain-bike group
that you rode Holy Jim, Trabuco, and Bell Ridge when they were quiet and
lonely in 1986! But of course if you're just making that up then you're
absolutely right... I have no idea what you have or have not ridden in
SoCal. Who would?

Backpedal if you like.

"JD" <[email protected]> wrote:
>> Wow - you got me! Why don't _you_ tell me where you think the trail is or
>> ought to be?

> <snip>
>
> The fact of the matter there is that no trail can be seen in that
> photo, so it makes one wonder just how responsible that individual is
> being.

Oh really? Thank you so much for caring. So I guess it's safe to say that by
not answering my question about where that photo was taken and who owns that
land you don't really have any idea what you're talking about?

>> BTW, theft of the image

> <snip>
>
> So, sue me.

As I had guessed in one of my prior posts, you _are_ indeed a typical
money-obsessed ***** of society. What makes you think I'd want to sue? I'm
perfectly content to take pity on you for your ignorance.

> Since you think you know so much about me, it shouldn't
> be that difficult for you.

In one simple thread you've demonstrated that you lie out of convenience,
steal without regard, and make baseless assumptions. I think we ALL know a
lot about you at this point.

....Wait a minute, are you a hypocrite as well? You and your friends don't
seem to mind riding where "no trail can be seen".

http://www.angelfire.com/alt/mountain-bike/jon4.jpg

This guy looks like he's about to cut right into some vegetation...

http://www.angelfire.com/freak2/jdmtb/andy.jpg

"B i l l S o r n s o n" <[email protected]> wrote:
> miles todd wrote:
>
>> I rode (well, the downhills, anyway) Los Pinoses once. I can't say
>> that I am in any hurry to go back, but I tell everybody I know that
>> hasn't yet ridden it that it absolutely rules. Once you get past the
>> first climb, I tell them, a fantastic, fun trail awaits.

> "The horror of that moment I shall never forget," said the king.
>
> "You will, though, if you don't make a memorandum of it," replied the
> queen.
>
> Bill "Los Pinos shan't have me again" S.

Heheh. Pinos (and Bell Ridge also) are definitely not for everyone. They're
well worth investigating once, though. :)

On Tue, 2 Nov 2004 21:46:30 -0800, terminaut
<[email protected]> wrote:

> "B i l l S o r n s o n" <[email protected]> wrote:
>> miles todd wrote:
>>
>>> I rode (well, the downhills, anyway) Los Pinoses once. I can't say
>>> that I am in any hurry to go back, but I tell everybody I know that
>>> hasn't yet ridden it that it absolutely rules. Once you get past the
>>> first climb, I tell them, a fantastic, fun trail awaits.

>> "The horror of that moment I shall never forget," said the king.
>>
>> "You will, though, if you don't make a memorandum of it," replied the
>> queen.
>>
>> Bill "Los Pinos shan't have me again" S.
>>

> Heheh. Pinos (and Bell Ridge also) are definitely not for everyone.
> They're
> well worth investigating once, though. :)

Pretty much just so you can say: "well, now I know what they mean when
they say that that really sucks".

Really, the worst part about that trail is that when you realize that it
just isn't going to get any better at all, you look back behind you and
see that there is NO WAY ON EARTH you are going to go back up what you
just came down. There's nothing to do but continue.

miles

"terminaut" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> "JD" <[email protected]> wrote:
> >> I'm just amazed that you still got hooked despite my posting that "I was
> >> trolling".

> > The old "I was trolling you" bit. How unoriginal.

> Clearly I wrote I was trolling. Despite the possibility of being unoriginal,
> it still hooked.

So, the video was "just a troll". You're funny.

> >> It's still quiet and lonely for probably a hundred miles of trails, you
> >> dolt. But hey - what do I know compared to the notorious JD who's been
> >> riding since '86.

> > Namecalling isn't very becoming of you either.

> Wow - talk about unoriginal. I suppose that's a good dodge though for
> someone who has fantasies of having ridden trails like Bell Ridge in '86.
> And you're right; calling you out as a dolt is akin to telling a retarded
> kid that he's retarded. Unoriginal it is.

So, now you're making fun of the developmentally disabled.

> >> Could it be because you really weren't on those trails back then?
> >> Where does Bell Ridge start, for instance?

> Nary a response? The start of Bell Ridge (a mainstream trail, btw) should be
> easy enough. Bonus points if you know where the Oaks trail is, but I have a
> sneaky suspicion you don't know jack about the local mountains that you're
> thumping about having ridden since 1986.

Your attempts at trying to put words into my mouth are hilarious.

> > You have no idea of what I was doing in 1986

> Are you kidding? Just a couple of days ago you were boasting to the world
> about riding trails like Bell Ridge in 1986! Did you or didn't you? If you
> made that up, then yeah well we really don't have any idea what you were
> doing in 1986.

You keep repeating "bell ridge" like some kind of ding-dong. Your
fixations are a riot, especially the fixation on my pantleg.

> > nor does anyone who posts on am-b.

> Wow that's convenient! "No one here can back up anything I say, but just
> believe everything I claim".

Spin, spin away...

> > However, there are those who do know and have ridden
> > with me on several occasions here who know I'm not a liar.

> Did you tell these imaginary people that you're not a liar or did they tell
> you?

I doubt many of the regulars on am-b consider themselves "imaginary".

> >> Me, I was still racing BMX, which is the truth.

> > wow...cool

> Not really... but you kept asking so there it is.
>
> >> You, on the other hand, seem to be outright lying.

> > Things are not always as they seem, are they?

> Oh I think it's very clear.
>
> >> It's easy enough to make blatant claims with your keyboard
> >> and play armchair hard-ass.

> > It would seem that you and your friends are the loudmouthed ones,
> > especially in that video.

> Well - with over six hundred downloads so far it doesn't seem anyone else
> agrees with you.

Nobody has been vocal about it, except Penny aka "small change". You
need to reread this thread.

> >> The fact is, I and "my crowd" have ridden and helped work on more
> >> trails in the local mountains than you could possibly imagine with your
> >> feeble fairy tales of days gone by. Wanna see who some of us are? Turn to
> >> page 87 in the Fat Tire book. Awards? How about the Forest Service's
> >> Trail
> >> Advocate Award for Superior Volunteers Services.

> > You toot your horn so well. Toot away!

> It's just a little background for the other folks reading, really. Most
> people prefer factual data over the whole "I was riding those trails since
> 1986 when the weekends were quiet and lonely so I'm better than you (even
> though nobody on alt.mountain-bike can back my claim)" shtick.

TOOT! TOOT!

> >> It's humorous how you talk like you're big **** because you've been
> >> riding
> >> in 1986. Wow, way to go freak! I don't suppose you helped Gary Fisher
> >> invent
> >> the mountain bike?

> > Your twists and turns sure are funny. Spin away, little ballerina.

> Hell, I thought you would appreciate my attempt to help you make up
> something else interesting to add to your [fictitious] mountain biking
> history. Let's see, you rode Bell Ridge in 1986? Haha.

DING! DING! There's that bell again.

> >> Yes - the truth is plainly visible with your dodge. Any local that has
> >> been
> >> riding our mountains for 2 decades would be able to spew dozens of
> >> [lesser-known] trail names besides the ones that I've brought attention
> >> to.
> >> As it is, you seem all-too-excited just to ride something like Holy Jim
> >> which is a mainstream trail that we hold races on for God's sake.

> > You have no idea what I have or have not
> > ridden in SoCal. Keep flailing away though, it's really funny.

> Oh but it IS really funny. Are you suffering from amnesia or something?
> Just a couple of days ago you boasted to the whole alt.mountain-bike group
> that you rode Holy Jim, Trabuco, and Bell Ridge when they were quiet and
> lonely in 1986! But of course if you're just making that up then you're
> absolutely right... I have no idea what you have or have not ridden in
> SoCal. Who would?
>
> Backpedal if you like.

You need reading lessons. A couple of days ago I called you and your
friends loudmouths because of the video. You then proceeded to latch
onto my leg and start busily humping away because you realized and
admitted (to a point in response to Penny) the excessive noise on that
video is truly obnoxious. I never named any names of any trail and
make it a common practice not to. Your chirping of trail names seems
to be so excessive that you have convinced (only) yourself that I was
naming trails. I was not, nor will I be naming trails because it's a
practice I gave up a few years ago to limit free information from
those who just don't need to know.

JD

"fooriders" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> "small change" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > comment on video:
> > 1. just the music please. The peanut gallery is sort of like the
> > instrcutor
> > singing along in spin class.

> Thanks... I'm going to remove the running-commentary by Andy for the public
> version of the vid; nobody likes to hear him hootin' I guess. LOL. It's his
> first time out with his digicam in action so he's quite enthusiastic.

So, nobody else thought it was excessive. Do you have Alzheimers?
Are you going to remove it because it's unpopular, or because it IS
truly obnoxious?

JD

"terminaut" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> "JD" <[email protected]> wrote:
> >> Wow - you got me! Why don't _you_ tell me where you think the trail is or
> >> ought to be?

> > <snip>
> >
> > The fact of the matter there is that no trail can be seen in that
> > photo, so it makes one wonder just how responsible that individual is
> > being.

> Oh really? Thank you so much for caring. So I guess it's safe to say that by
> not answering my question about where that photo was taken and who owns that
> land you don't really have any idea what you're talking about?

It doesn't matter. There is no obvious trail in the photo.

> >> BTW, theft of the image

> > <snip>
> >
> > So, sue me.

> As I had guessed in one of my prior posts, you _are_ indeed a typical
> money-obsessed ***** of society. What makes you think I'd want to sue? I'm
> perfectly content to take pity on you for your ignorance.

That's funny, especially since you first mentioned money in your
"wager".

> > Since you think you know so much about me, it shouldn't
> > be that difficult for you.

> In one simple thread you've demonstrated that you lie out of convenience,
> steal without regard, and make baseless assumptions. I think we ALL know a
> lot about you at this point.

Yeah, I'm a complete liar...just to you.

> ...Wait a minute, are you a hypocrite as well? You and your friends don't
> seem to mind riding where "no trail can be seen".
>
> http://www.angelfire.com/alt/mountain-bike/jon4.jpg

Funny how you didn't post the whole page that photo is on. The
caption reads that he is on a trail. Another spin from the ballerina.

> This guy looks like he's about to cut right into some vegetation...
>
> http://www.angelfire.com/freak2/jdmtb/andy.jpg

Vegetation growing in the trail because it doesn't get used as much as
your coveted secret trails in the Santa Anas. That happens a lot here
and those who don't get out much just wouldn't know anything about
that. They seem to be contented to skid up their own local **** and
think it's the best.

JD

"terminaut" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> "JD" <[email protected]> wrote in reference to am-b denizens:
> > However, there are those who do know and have ridden
> > with me on several occasions here who know I'm not a liar.

> Did you tell these imaginary people that you're not a liar or did they tell
> you?

It would seem that our new friends thinks I have only ridden with
"imaginary" people on am-b and that I am some kind of compulsive liar.
Let's hear what am-b has to say about it.

JD

> "terminaut" <[email protected]> wrote in
> message news:<[email protected]>...
>> "JD" <[email protected]> wrote in reference to am-b denizens:
>> > However, there are those who do know and have ridden
>> > with me on several occasions here who know I'm not a liar.

>> Did you tell these imaginary people that you're not a liar or did they
>> tell
>> you?

> It would seem that our new friends thinks I have only ridden with
> "imaginary" people on am-b and that I am some kind of compulsive liar.
> Let's hear what am-b has to say about it.
>
> JD

Liar? I say nay. Brutally honest? Maybe. There are just some people who
get intimidated by open expressions of strong opinions. Too bad for them.
BTW, how the hell are you Jerome?

JD wrote:
> "terminaut" <[email protected]> wrote in
> message news:<[email protected]>...
>> "JD" <[email protected]> wrote in reference to am-b denizens:
>>> However, there are those who do know and have ridden
>>> with me on several occasions here who know I'm not a liar.

>> Did you tell these imaginary people that you're not a liar or did
>> they tell you?

> It would seem that our new friends thinks I have only ridden with
> "imaginary" people on am-b and that I am some kind of compulsive liar.
> Let's hear what am-b has to say about it.

I rode with JD and imagined that he told me I could keep up, which was a
lie. (But I don't think it was compulsive.)

Then again, I rode with Tham once or twice, too.

Of course, it all could all have all been all a dream.

Bill "I invoke Pete F. to mediate this mess" S.

>> ....(lots of JD's fantasies about being humped by ballerinas snipped)

The therapist called. Seems your fixation with being humped by little
ballerinas might be treatable after all.

> "terminaut" <[email protected]> wrote in
> message news:<[email protected]>...
>> "JD" <[email protected]> wrote in reference to am-b denizens:
>> > However, there are those who do know and have ridden
>> > with me on several occasions here who know I'm not a liar.

>> Did you tell these imaginary people that you're not a liar or did they
>> tell
>> you?

> It would seem that our new friends thinks I have only ridden with
> "imaginary" people on am-b and that I am some kind of compulsive liar.
> Let's hear what am-b has to say about it.

Translation: "Where's the cavalry?!!!"

Nice little spin with the "compulsive" liar part. I'm referring to one very
specific fairy tale that you weaved. It's up to you if you want to disclose
any other lying that you might have done.

"Chris Glidden" <[email protected]> wrote in message

> Liar? I say nay.

Hooray for you JD! Your call to the cavalry got through!

Let me just replay this for you:

I wrote:
> >> And... next time you're enjoying your ride on local trails in the
> >> Clevelands (such as Holy Jim, Trabuco, Bell Ridge, etc.)

JD responded:
> > I was riding those trails long before the most of hordes that are
> > there now. Weekends were even a quiet and lonely place up there in
> > 1986.

Do you believe JD is being "brutally honest" about "riding those trails" in
1986? I can give you some hints if needed.

> "terminaut" <[email protected]> wrote in
> message news:<[email protected]>...
>> "JD" <[email protected]> wrote:
>> > "terminaut" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> > news:<[email protected]>...
>> >
>> > Let's go back to my original post in this thread where I indicated
>> > that I would not ride with a bunch of loudmouths, shall we?

>> Smells like fear

> Spin, spin away...
>
> JD

I prefer mashing, but whatever style suits you best.

> "fooriders" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:<[email protected]>...
>> "small change" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...
>> > comment on video:
>> > 1. just the music please. The peanut gallery is sort of like the
>> > instrcutor
>> > singing along in spin class.

>> Thanks... I'm going to remove the running-commentary by Andy for the
>> public
>> version of the vid; nobody likes to hear him hootin' I guess. LOL. It's
>> his
>> first time out with his digicam in action so he's quite enthusiastic.

> So, nobody else thought it was excessive. Do you have Alzheimers?
> Are you going to remove it because it's unpopular, or because it IS
> truly obnoxious?

I was speaking figuratively but realize now that's too advanced of a concept
for your level of comprehension. When I say "nobody likes to hear him",
that's figuratively speaking also; as there are comments such as " 'I liked
that you left in the audio track with the music. "Clean, clean, dab,
clean.'" from other people.

So, in fact I do have two versions to accomodate everyone. I'm a giver that
way.

"JD" <[email protected]> wrote in message:
news:[email protected]...
> "terminaut" <[email protected]> wrote in
> message news:<[email protected]>...
>> > <snip>
>> >
>> > The fact of the matter there is that no trail can be seen in that
>> > photo, so it makes one wonder just how responsible that individual is
>> > being.

>> Oh really? Thank you so much for caring. So I guess it's safe to say that
>> by
>> not answering my question about where that photo was taken and who owns
>> that
>> land you don't really have any idea what you're talking about?

> It doesn't matter. There is no obvious trail in the photo.

Of course you would think it doesn't matter that you don't have any idea
what you're talking about in that picture.

>> > <snip>
>> >
>> > So, sue me.

>> As I had guessed in one of my prior posts, you _are_ indeed a typical
>> money-obsessed ***** of society. What makes you think I'd want to sue?
>> I'm
>> perfectly content to take pity on you for your ignorance.

> That's funny, especially since you first mentioned money in your
> "wager".

No really... I do take pity on you for your ignorance.

>> > Since you think you know so much about me, it shouldn't
>> > be that difficult for you.

>> In one simple thread you've demonstrated that you lie out of convenience,
>> steal without regard, and make baseless assumptions. I think we ALL know
>> lot about you at this point.

> Yeah, I'm a complete liar...just to you.

At least you owed up to stealing copyrighted material. That's a good start.
With some work, maybe you'll eventually fess up as a liar.

>> ...Wait a minute, are you a hypocrite as well? You and your friends don't
>> seem to mind riding where "no trail can be seen".
>>
>> http://www.angelfire.com/alt/mountain-bike/jon4.jpg

> Funny how you didn't post the whole page that photo is on. The
> caption reads that he is on a trail. Another spin from the ballerina.

Spin? Let me refresh your memory from a few paragraphs up where Mr.
Notorious writes:

"The fact of the matter there is that no trail can be seen in that photo, so
it makes one wonder just how responsible that individual is being."

>> This guy looks like he's about to cut right into some vegetation...
>>
>> http://www.angelfire.com/freak2/jdmtb/andy.jpg

> Vegetation growing in the trail because it doesn't get used as much as
> your coveted secret trails in the Santa Anas. That happens a lot here
> and those who don't get out much just wouldn't know anything about
> that. They seem to be contented to skid up their own local **** and
> think it's the best.

That's rich! There's so much material here that I'm dizzy. I'm going to keep
it simple for you though: