Photos and video from a tour of Santa Barbara.

> "terminaut" <[email protected]> wrote in
> message news:<[email protected]>...
>> "JD" <[email protected]> wrote in reference to am-b denizens:
>> > However, there are those who do know and have ridden
>> > with me on several occasions here who know I'm not a liar.

>> Did you tell these imaginary people that you're not a liar or did they
>> tell
>> you?

> It would seem that our new friends thinks I have only ridden with
> "imaginary" people on am-b and that I am some kind of compulsive liar.
> Let's hear what am-b has to say about it.
>
> JD

I don't know about being a liar but he's usually an ass-hole, does that
count?

I wrote:
> >> And... next time you're enjoying your ride on local trails in the
> >> Clevelands (such as Holy Jim, Trabuco, Bell Ridge, etc.)

JD responded:
> > I was riding those trails long before the most of hordes that are
> > there now. Weekends were even a quiet and lonely place up there in
> > 1986.

> Do you believe JD is being "brutally honest" about "riding those trails" in
> 1986? I can give you some hints if needed.

Again, *I* never named any specific trails. You are the one getting
all worked up about specific trail names, which by the way is
hysterically funny. Is it too far beyond your myopia to see that I
was responding to the area in question and do not wish to name trails?
Do a google search, or search more of my posts on mtbr and see how
often I name any trails. Good luck with that and the further
continuance of your name droppings...

JD

"miles todd" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:eek:[email protected]...
> you look back behind you and see that there is NO WAY ON EARTH you are
> going to go back up
> what you just came down. There's nothing to do but continue.

Isn't that part of the trail's charm? ;-)

BTW, I forgot to mention that when I was attempting to clean a
scary-exposure section on Cold Springs your [infamous] video kept playing
back in my mind. Thanks for that... <grin>

"JD" <[email protected]> wrote:

> JD responded:
>> > I was riding those trails long before the most of hordes that are
>> > there now. Weekends were even a quiet and lonely place up there in
>> > 1986.

> .
> Is it too far beyond your myopia to see that I
> was responding to the area in question

Ummm... Your plainly written response was "I was riding those trails". It
would have taken a psychic-eye to foresee you weren't implying that you were
"riding those trails".

> and do not wish to name trails?

If I didn't know squat about "the area in question" I'd probably take that
stance also. Good call.

On 3 Nov 2004 10:29:51 -0800, [email protected] (JD) wrote:

>"terminaut" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
>> "JD" <[email protected]> wrote in reference to am-b denizens:
>> > However, there are those who do know and have ridden
>> > with me on several occasions here who know I'm not a liar.

>> Did you tell these imaginary people that you're not a liar or did they tell
>> you?

>It would seem that our new friends thinks I have only ridden with
>"imaginary" people on am-b and that I am some kind of compulsive liar.
> Let's hear what am-b has to say about it.
>
>JD

WHO R-U?

On Wed, 3 Nov 2004 17:00:32 -0500, "TBF"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>"JD" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]...
>> "terminaut" <[email protected]> wrote in
>> message news:<[email protected]>...
>>>
>>> Did you tell these imaginary people that you're not a liar or did they
>>> tell
>>> you?

>> It would seem that our new friends thinks I have only ridden with
>> "imaginary" people on am-b and that I am some kind of compulsive liar.
>> Let's hear what am-b has to say about it.
>>
>> JD

>I don't know about being a liar but he's usually an ass-hole, does that
>count?

aww, c'mon. Don't sugar coat it. He's way past asshole!

On Tue, 2 Nov 2004 21:24:14 -0800, "terminaut"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>> Since you think you know so much about me, it shouldn't
>> be that difficult for you.

>In one simple thread you've demonstrated that you lie out of convenience,
>steal without regard, and make baseless assumptions. I think we ALL know a
>lot about you at this point.

hehehehe! Priceless!

>...Wait a minute, are you a hypocrite as well? You and your friends don't
>seem to mind riding where "no trail can be seen".
>
>http://www.angelfire.com/alt/mountain-bike/jon4.jpg
>
>This guy looks like he's about to cut right into some vegetation...
>
>http://www.angelfire.com/freak2/jdmtb/andy.jpg

What is that guy in pic one doing? Why, is that some of that
devistating "freeriding" I've heard so much about?

What's the term for that top layer of crusty desert soil that has all
the bacteria, and amoebas and is some sort or type of "primordial
soup" that is about to be disturbed by his dasterdly "freeriding"

I'll say one thing for you term....you nothing if not asstute :)

On 3 Nov 2004 10:13:03 -0800, [email protected] (JD) wrote:

>> Wow - talk about unoriginal. I suppose that's a good dodge though for
>> someone who has fantasies of having ridden trails like Bell Ridge in '86.
>> And you're right; calling you out as a dolt is akin to telling a retarded
>> kid that he's retarded. Unoriginal it is.

>So, now you're making fun of the developmentally disabled.

WEAK!!!

( a blatant "fagerlin-ism". A term I coined myself, Thank you! VERY UN
ORIGINAL!)

>> Are you kidding? Just a couple of days ago you were boasting to the world
>> about riding trails like Bell Ridge in 1986! Did you or didn't you? If you
>> made that up, then yeah well we really don't have any idea what you were
>> doing in 1986.

>You keep repeating "bell ridge" like some kind of ding-dong. Your
>fixations are a riot, especially the fixation on my pantleg.

WEAK!!

(at least it was a "JD-ism" though)

>You need reading lessons. A couple of days ago I called you and your
>friends loudmouths because of the video. You then proceeded to latch
>onto my leg and start busily humping away because you realized and
>admitted (to a point in response to Penny) the excessive noise on that
>video is truly obnoxious. I never named any names of any trail and
>make it a common practice not to. Your chirping of trail names seems
>to be so excessive that you have convinced (only) yourself that I was
>naming trails. I was not, nor will I be naming trails because it's a
>practice I gave up a few years ago to limit free information from
>those who just don't need to know.
>
>JD

Hypocritical, and an elitist as well. This thread "should" be very
enlightning to the apostles....

But it won't be I'm sure.

Dave W wrote:
> On Wed, 3 Nov 2004 17:00:32 -0500, "TBF"
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>> I don't know about being a liar but he's usually an ass-hole, does
>> that count?

> aww, c'mon. Don't sugar coat it. He's way past asshole!

Doctor Freud. Calling Doctor Freud. (Sigmoid Freud?!?)

Bill "TBF and DW: latent much?" S.

"terminaut" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...

> > JD responded:

> > .
> > Is it too far beyond your myopia to see that I
> > was responding to the area in question

> Ummm... Your plainly written response was "I was riding those trails". It
> would have taken a psychic-eye to foresee you weren't implying that you were
> "riding those trails".
>
> > and do not wish to name trails?

> If I didn't know squat about "the area in question" I'd probably take that
> stance also. Good call.

Let's go over all of this again, shall we? You posted a video, I
called the noise being made by you and your buddies excessive, you
latched onto my leg and busily started humping away, ultimately
calling me a liar because you know the names of some trails that I may
have ridden when you were still playing on a bmx bike. You will never
really know what I may or may not know about the Cleveland National
Forest and that seems to be increasing your blood pressure. It's all
really funny and is highly indicative that you really do need to get
out more.

JD headed out to ride the newly restored goods

"terminaut" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> "JD" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > "terminaut" <[email protected]> wrote in
> > message news:<[email protected]>...
> >>
> >> Did you tell these imaginary people that you're not a liar or did they
> >> tell
> >> you?

> > It would seem that our new friends thinks I have only ridden with
> > "imaginary" people on am-b and that I am some kind of compulsive liar.
> > Let's hear what am-b has to say about it.

> Translation: "Where's the cavalry?!!!"

Another spin from the ballerina. Wondering if about 30 or so people
who post here enjoy being called "imaginary" and how many think that I
am a liar is not a call for anything other than an opinion.

JD

"JD" <[email protected]> wrote:

> trails that I may have ridden

I love the way you babble incessantly to try and confuse the reader. Let me
summarize.

First you claimed:

" I was riding those trails"

Now you're twisting to:

"I may have ridden" [those trails]

If you keep at it, you may just weasel out of your lie to those of lesser
intellect.

> You will never really know what I may or may not know about the
> Cleveland National Forest

Again, who would? That's the problem when dealing with liars. You just never
really know...

"JD" <[email protected]> wrote:
>> trails that I may have ridden

>I love the way you babble incessantly to try and confuse the reader.

Let me
>summarize.

"We're gonna do the twist and it goes like this..." - Chubby Checker

>First you claimed:

>" I was riding those trails"

>Now you're twisting to:

>"I may have ridden" [those trails]

The fact of the matter is that you'll never really know and it's
driving you berserk. How's your hypertension medication holding out?

>If you keep at it, you may just weasel out of your lie to those of

lesser
>intellect.

You keep calling me a liar and have no idea. This is hysterical.

>> You will never really know what I may or may not know about the
>> Cleveland National Forest

>Again, who would? That's the problem when dealing with liars. You

just never
>really know...

There you go calling me a liar again. What is a liar to you? Someone
who doesn't name all of the trails they claimed to have ridden in a
particular area? Why don't you name some more trail names so everyone
will be impressed with your vast knowledge. Either that, or go ride
your bike instead of my leg.

JD

<Dave W> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> On 3 Nov 2004 10:13:03 -0800, [email protected] (JD) wrote:

> >You need reading lessons. A couple of days ago I called you and your
> >friends loudmouths because of the video. You then proceeded to latch
> >onto my leg and start busily humping away because you realized and
> >admitted (to a point in response to Penny) the excessive noise on that
> >video is truly obnoxious. I never named any names of any trail and
> >make it a common practice not to. Your chirping of trail names seems
> >to be so excessive that you have convinced (only) yourself that I was
> >naming trails. I was not, nor will I be naming trails because it's a
> >practice I gave up a few years ago to limit free information from
> >those who just don't need to know.
> >
> >JD

> Hypocritical, and an elitist as well. This thread "should" be very
> enlightning to the apostles....
>
> But it won't be I'm sure.

You mean you didn't know that JD is the one true mountain biker. Just ask
him, he'll tell you.
Dan V

I guess I missed this post earlier.

"JD" <[email protected]> wrote: in message
news:[email protected]...

>> Translation: "Where's the cavalry?!!!"

> Another spin from the ballerina.

Seriously, you out to have your projections of wanting to be humped by
little ballerinas looked at.

> Wondering if about 30 or so people
> who post here enjoy being called "imaginary" and how many think that I
> am a liar is not a call for anything other than an opinion.

Well, if you're seriously trying to do an opinion poll let's go whole-hog.

I ask you now, denizens of alt.mountain-bike. JD was interested in polling
for your opinions, so let's hear them if you exist.

1.) Do you think JD is being "brutally honest" when he boasted he was
"riding those trails" since 1986 in response to my mention of Holy Jim,
Trabuco, and Bell Ridge trails? It's especially humorous since he seems so
enthused to ride this: http://tinyurl.com/4chwp earlier this year. Keep in
mind this is one of the most traveled trails in the mountains and that we
hold races on it with hundreds of people participating. "Whodathunk?"

2.) Do you think JD's stealing of copyrighted material is ok? I suppose in
his mind it's just a "small theft", so it's ok. That's how people like him
tend to rationalize.

3.) Does JD's hypocrisy not startle you? He steals my photo (of which he has
apparently has no background knowledge):

http://www.spokejunkies.com/boardimages/18656-wheresthetrail.jpg

then posts this: "The fact of the matter there is that no trail can be seen
in that photo, so it makes one wonder just how responsible that individual
is being."

when in fact on his site you can find:

http://www.angelfire.com/alt/mountain-bike/jon4.jpg
http://www.angelfire.com/freak2/jdmtb/andy.jpg

Again, "The fact of the matter there is that no trail can be seen in that
photo, so it makes one wonder just how responsible that individual is
being."

I think that's probably enough polling points for now.

> "terminaut" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> > "JD" <[email protected]> wrote in reference to am-b denizens:
> > > However, there are those who do know and have ridden
> > > with me on several occasions here who know I'm not a liar.

> > Did you tell these imaginary people that you're not a liar or did they tell
> > you?

> It would seem that our new friends thinks I have only ridden with
> "imaginary" people on am-b and that I am some kind of compulsive liar.
> Let's hear what am-b has to say about it.

Asshole? Maybe. Liar? No.

> "terminaut" <[email protected]> wrote in
> message news:<[email protected]>...
> "JD" <[email protected]> wrote:
>>> trails that I may have ridden

>>I love the way you babble incessantly to try and confuse the reader.

> Let me
>>summarize.

> "We're gonna do the twist and it goes like this..." - Chubby Checker
>
>>First you claimed:

>>" I was riding those trails"

>>Now you're twisting to:

>>"I may have ridden" [those trails]

> The fact of the matter is that you'll never really know and it's
> driving you berserk. How's your hypertension medication holding out?
>
>>If you keep at it, you may just weasel out of your lie to those of

> lesser
>>intellect.

> You keep calling me a liar and have no idea. This is hysterical.
>
>>> You will never really know what I may or may not know about the
>>> Cleveland National Forest

>>Again, who would? That's the problem when dealing with liars. You

> just never
>>really know...

> There you go calling me a liar again. What is a liar to you? Someone
> who doesn't name all of the trails they claimed to have ridden in a
> particular area? Why don't you name some more trail names so everyone
> will be impressed with your vast knowledge. Either that, or go ride
> your bike instead of my leg.

Wow, after that spin cycle there's not going to be a need to put the clothes
in the dryer!

First you claimed:

"I was riding those trails"

then it changed to:

"I _may_ have ridden" [those trails]

and now, the coup de grace:

"have ridden in a _particular area_"

Hurray, you did it!!! Who could dispute that you may have ridden in a
particular area (which could be anywhere in SoCal, for all we know)? Good
for you... Now go see the therapist about those projections.

On Wed, 3 Nov 2004 19:37:18 -0800, terminaut
<[email protected]> wrote:

> "miles todd" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:eek:[email protected]...
>> you look back behind you and see that there is NO WAY ON EARTH you are
>> going to go back up
>> what you just came down. There's nothing to do but continue.
>>

> Isn't that part of the trail's charm? ;-)
>
> BTW, I forgot to mention that when I was attempting to clean a
> scary-exposure section on Cold Springs your [infamous] video kept playing
> back in my mind. Thanks for that... <grin>

Anytime. Just remember, falling off a cliff really hurts. A lot.

miles

On Wed, 3 Nov 2004 10:46:16 -0800, "Chris Glidden"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>"JD" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]...
>> "terminaut" <[email protected]> wrote in
>> message news:<[email protected]>...
>>>
>>> Did you tell these imaginary people that you're not a liar or did they
>>> tell
>>> you?

>> It would seem that our new friends thinks I have only ridden with
>> "imaginary" people on am-b and that I am some kind of compulsive liar.
>> Let's hear what am-b has to say about it.
>>
>> JD

>Liar? I say nay. Brutally honest? Maybe. There are just some people who
>get intimidated by open expressions of strong opinions. Too bad for them.
>BTW, how the hell are you Jerome?

I've never ridden with JD....but I'm sure I could hang with him if I
did ride......now that's a lie.

Peace,
Bill

> You keep calling me a liar and have no idea. This is hysterical.
>
>>> You will never really know what I may or may not know about the
>>> Cleveland National Forest

Whats hysterical is that you think anyone would be impressed by you stating
you were riding someplace since 1986. Dude it's just riding, why does it
have to be some competition with you?!