Piepoli tests positive from the tour...

doctorSpoc

Nov 18, 2005
bad translation but..

Also the former companion of Riccò fell two times in the net of the anti-dope one for the epo of last generation (Appearance). Wednesday is awaited from the Attorney's office of the Coinages

MILAN, 6 October 2008 - Leonardo Piepoli, dismissed from the Saunier Duval in the course of the last Tour De Frances, was found positive to the epo of last generation (Appearance). The novelties you monitor check the champions withdrawn at the conclusion of two stages of the Large Boucle of this year, 4 and July 15. The positività of Piepoli, that was teammate of Riccò, was verified in the anti-dope field of controls further and more deepened arranged from the cycling authority. The confirmation of the voice arrived at first from the cycling environments, arrives from the summons of the anti-dope Attorney's office of the Coinages that awaits Piepoli for Friday 10 October to the hours 12. short-term further updatings

http://www.gazzetta.it/Ciclismo/Primo_Piano/2008/10/06/piepoli.shtml

Oh, why are we not surprised :rolleyes:...

I'm looking forward to hearing more names. Facts are better than speculation.

So the tests are working ... at least enough to catch the most doped.
Good.

Piepoli was having a superb season.

I suppose we can add his name to the likes of Ricco, Beltran etc etc etc.

poulidor said:
So the tests are working ... at least enough to catch the most doped.
Good.
Okay, now don't you kind of wish that Astana was in the tour?

drm said:
I'm guessing Bruyneel and Contador are thanking their lords and the ASO that they weren't in the tour this year.
I hope this becomes a thing they do every year. I mean come up with a surprise test. Would the riders dare to use new and different substances if there was a possibility that an unannounced test for that would be used at the next race? This would of course include tracking down all the moles in the anti-doping agencies.

jonjungel said:
Oh, why are we not surprised :rolleyes:...

I'm looking forward to hearing more names. Facts are better than speculation.
Well, well, well... I have to admit that Schumacher surprised me a little bit. Just a little bit, mind you. I was thinking some spanish names would show up.

BTW, replying to ones own posts is cool :p

RdBiker said:
I'm guessing Bruyneel and Contador are thanking their lords and the ASO that they weren't in the tour this year.
I hope this becomes a thing they do every year. I mean come up with a surprise test. Would the riders dare to use new and different substances if there was a possibility that an unannounced test for that would be used at the next race? This would of course include tracking down all the moles in the anti-doping agencies.
Did they take similar blood samples during last Giro? Wouldn't it be possible to track back dopers on Giro too with same method (French and Swiss lab blood tests)? Can't remember, did anyone of you pick up if blood tests done before and during race?

adamastor said:
Did they take similar blood samples during last Giro? Wouldn't it be possible to track back dopers on Giro too with same method (French and Swiss lab blood tests)? Can't remember, did anyone of you pick up if blood tests done before and during race?
Isn't that how they nailed Sella?

Announcement on Cobo tomorrow, to round out the SD threesome?

There have to be a lot of very nervous riders tonight.

drm said:
I Astana had been in TDF, UCI would no create the UCI-ASO split then AFLD would not have done all those testing, and probably no Astana and other team riders would have been caught for CERA.

poulidor said:
I Astana had been in TDF, UCI would no create the UCI-ASO split then AFLD would not have done all those testing, and probably no Astana and other team riders would have been caught for CERA.

so we should be thanking Astana for helping getting rid of cheaters? OMG the world is about to end