Problem with direct mount front delarieur

Claulo45

Dec 27, 2022
Hello hehe. I want to ask a question about compatibility between front d. and frame
I have a Merida bicycle, with a frame that has a direct mount for the front derailleur. The problem is that I want to put a 46/30 double crankset, but I haven't found a direct mount derailleur that allows me to put a crankset beyond 44. Do you know any front derailleur that allows me to do this?
Here's a picture of my frame

Attachments

• 34368.jpg
    34368.jpg
    378.6 KB · Views: 2
  • Screenshot_20221227_182951_com.android.gallery3d.jpg
    Screenshot_20221227_182951_com.android.gallery3d.jpg
    802.3 KB · Views: 2

ambal

Oct 15, 2010
Hello hehe. I want to ask a question about compatibility between front d. and frame
I have a Merida bicycle, with a frame that has a direct mount for the front derailleur. The problem is that I want to put a 46/30 double crankset, but I haven't found a direct mount derailleur that allows me to put a crankset beyond 44. Do you know any front derailleur that allows me to do this?
Here's a picture of my frame
It may be difficult to find a direct mount front derailleur that is compatible with a 46/30 double crankset, as these larger chainrings often require a longer cage to accommodate the increased chain wrap. One potential solution could be to use a road-specific front derailleur with a longer cage, such as the Shimano Ultegra R8000 or the SRAM Force eTap AXS. However, it is important to check the specifications and compatibility of the derailleur with your specific frame and crankset before making a purchase to ensure proper function and fit.

sonomasp

Feb 19, 2004
You might want to see if any manufactures have a Cyclecross ( CX ) specific derailleur as they often have slightly lower gearing. A common chainring combination is a 36-46. So you just need a derailleur that can handle the lower size. You might be able to get away with a mountain derailleur that is made for lower chainrings.