Problem with Jeep Overland S Women's

Didi

Guest
Hello,

Someone purchased the above mentioned bike for me online, and it was
sent over, in a few parts. I'm definately not technically minded, and
so I thought it was a major acheivement to get the front wheel on.

I now cannot attach the handlebars, or the seat. And the instructions
are so vague, I have no idea what they are talking about. I tried
calling Jeep's technical assistance, but the number doesn't work.

Anyone with any ideas?

"Didi" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Hello,
>
>Someone purchased the above mentioned bike for me online, and it was
>sent over, in a few parts. I'm definately not technically minded, and
>so I thought it was a major acheivement to get the front wheel on.
>
>I now cannot attach the handlebars, or the seat. And the instructions
>are so vague, I have no idea what they are talking about. I tried
>calling Jeep's technical assistance, but the number doesn't work.
>
>Anyone with any ideas?

Time to introduce yourself to your friendly, neighborhood bike
shop....

If you're not technically minded ... and you are going to ride this
thing ... why take chances when a few bucks will get the job done for
you?

--
Live simply so that others may simply live

Didi wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Someone purchased the above mentioned bike for me online, and it was
> sent over, in a few parts. I'm definately not technically minded, and
> so I thought it was a major acheivement to get the front wheel on.
>
> I now cannot attach the handlebars, or the seat. And the instructions
> are so vague, I have no idea what they are talking about. I tried
> calling Jeep's technical assistance, but the number doesn't work.
>
> Anyone with any ideas?

The easiest might be to take it to a bike shop and enquire as to how much
they would charge you to build the bike for you. There's more to getting a
bike safely and properly operational than installing the components. If you
consider the price is right and the bike shop is capable, then with the
knowledge that everything is correct and safe, it would be a bargain.

Thank you so much!!! Would you believe it, I'm such a diz, the thought
never even crossed my mind. Thank you kindly.

Didi

On 13 Nov 2005 10:29:55 -0800, "Didi" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Hello,
>
>Someone purchased the above mentioned bike for me online, and it was
>sent over, in a few parts. I'm definately not technically minded, and
>so I thought it was a major acheivement to get the front wheel on.
>
>I now cannot attach the handlebars, or the seat. And the instructions
>are so vague, I have no idea what they are talking about. I tried
>calling Jeep's technical assistance, but the number doesn't work.
>
>Anyone with any ideas?

If you're handy with tools but bike-illiterate, make a trip to the
public library and pick up Zinn's book[1] or one like it; you should
be able to figure out what you're up against from that. If you're not
handy with tools, stop and think for a moment about who, among your
circle of close personal friends, is likely to be handy with tools,
and see if you can recruit them to assist. Putting that bike together
isn't rocket science; in fact, it's not even up to the level of
programmeing some VCRs. I strongly suspect that with a handful of
tools and a decent book, you can probably get the bike together
successfully.

[1] "Zinn and the Art of Mountain Bike Maintenance"; available at most
larger public libraries and bookstores.
--
Typoes are a feature, not a bug.

Thank you so much!!! Would you believe it, I'm such a diz, the thought
: never even crossed my mind. Thank you kindly.
:
: Didi

Not only will your bike be put together so that it is safe for you to ride,
you will be making a relationship with the people at the shop and they will
help you out in the future. Most bike shop people are like that.

Pat in TX
: