PSA: AMB-ID

Penny S.

Guest
For those of you that have been living under a rock the last six months, final plans for AMB-ID are
in the works. Most of you are probably in the loop already but if you aren't, too bad. But it's not
too late, If you want to come, submit your application and statement of qualifications to am-b for
review. Dates are July 11--13 in McCall Idaho.

If you are really clueless as to this is all about, http://bbauer.gomen.org/idaho/ was last year's
get together. Penny

> For those of you that have been living under a rock the last six months, final plans for AMB-ID
> are in the works. Most of you are probably in the loop already but if you aren't, too bad. But
> it's not too late, If you want to come, submit your application and statement of qualifications to
> am-b for review. Dates are July 11--13 in McCall Idaho.
>
> If you are really clueless as to this is all about, http://bbauer.gomen.org/idaho/ was last year's
> get together. Penny

Looks like a nice time from the video that's posted there. The finesse and ease with which JD(?)
moves over that boulder makes me envious.

"James Messick" <[email protected]> wrote in message

> > For those of you that have been living under a rock the last six months,
> > final plans for AMB-ID are in the works. Most of you are probably in
the
> > loop already but if you aren't, too bad. But it's not too late, If
you
> > want to come, submit your application and statement of qualifications to
am-b
> > for review. Dates are July 11--13 in McCall Idaho.
> >
> > If you are really clueless as to this is all about, http://bbauer.gomen.org/idaho/ was last
> > year's get together. Penny
> >

> Looks like a nice time from the video that's posted there. The finesse and ease with which JD(?)
> moves over that boulder makes me envious.

Where do I sign up? I've been riding mountain bikes seriously for ... well never, but I've been
riding them for fun for 14 years. I only have one that works right now, but that could change later
today, unless I get lucky and don't break this one as well. I can fix most anything on a bike, very
often 2 or 3 times before I really get it right. Up until then it is just practice. I own some GRS,
but none that look like a riding advertisement. I do own a road bike as well, but I suck at that.

How did I do?

--
Craig Brossman, Durango Colorado (remove .nospam. if replying)

Craig Brossman thoughtfully penned:
> "James Messick" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>>
>> "Penny S." <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...
>>> For those of you that have been living under a rock the last six months, final plans for
>>> AMB-ID are in the works. Most of you are probably in the loop already but if you aren't, too
>>> bad. But it's not too late, If you want to come, submit your application and statement of
>>> qualifications to
> am-b
>>> for review. Dates are July 11--13 in McCall Idaho.
>>>
>>> If you are really clueless as to this is all about, http://bbauer.gomen.org/idaho/ was last
>>> year's get together. Penny
>>>

>> Looks like a nice time from the video that's posted there. The finesse and ease with which JD(?)
>> moves over that boulder makes me envious.
>>

> Where do I sign up?

right here, just get yourself to the middle of Idaho mid July. ;-)

Oh, and submit that statement of qualifications.

Penny

Penny S. <[email protected]> spoke thusly...
> For those of you that have been living under a rock the last six months, final plans for AMB-ID
> are in the works. Most of you are probably in the loop already but if you aren't, too bad. But
> it's not too late, If you want to come, submit your application and statement of qualifications to
> am-b for review. Dates are July 11--13 in McCall Idaho.
>
> If you are really clueless as to this is all about, http://bbauer.gomen.org/idaho/ was last year's
> get together. Penny

Looks like it would be a blast, but alas, my car would not go that far, and a plane ticket it out
of the question at the moment. Guess i have something to look forward to possibly next year. maybe
by then i will have some padded bike shorts and a seat that fits a little better (the El Cheepo
bell is ok, but on long rides it gets a little sore, could be just the seams in my shorts though).
all in good time, right. Got a hot tip on a computer tech job at the local university. $24K/yr
salary sounds pretty good, and i have most of the knowledge needed (except for macs, never used or
worked on a mac, though i have been told, if i learned Linux, a mac would be nothing). I applied
for this job once before and got rejected (not even an interview), so i haven't exactly got high
hopes for it.
--
~Travis

Technician wrote:

> Got a hot tip on a computer tech job at the local university. $24K/yr salary sounds pretty good,
> and i have most of the knowledge needed (except for macs, never used or worked on a mac, though i
> have been told, if i learned Linux, a mac would be nothing). I applied for this job once before
> and got rejected (not even an interview), so i haven't exactly got high hopes for it.

If you can diagnose simple hardware issues and install/configure Windows then you've got all the
skills you need for a $12/hr tech job. They should be willing to do on-the-job training for Macs. If
they expect more than that then they're just milking the the tech bust for cheap labor. Good luck,
you should be more than qualified.

-will

Technician said...

> Looks like it would be a blast, but alas, my car would not go that far, and a plane ticket it out
> of the question at the moment. Guess i have something to look forward to possibly next year. maybe
> by then i will have some padded bike shorts and a seat that fits a little better (the El Cheepo
> bell is ok, but on long rides it gets a little sore, could be just the seams in my shorts though).
> all in good time, right. Got a hot tip on a computer tech job at the local university. $24K/yr
> salary sounds pretty good, and i have most of the knowledge needed (except for macs, never used or
> worked on a mac, though i have been told, if i learned Linux, a mac would be nothing). I applied
> for this job once before and got rejected (not even an interview), so i haven't exactly got high
> hopes for it.

Do you have any sort of college/tech school diploma? If not, get one, preferably one with some
practical application. Your job prospects will brighten more than you would believe. I got my degree
in chemistry and with one year of experience, I am making $35 - 40k a year, depending on how much
overtime I get. I have keys to the building, I set my own hours, and I don't punch a time clock. I
turn in my hours at the end of the week on a hand written time card, and the personnel department
pays me whatever I write down. Before I went to college, I temped on and off for 3 years and I
thought that $11/hr was respectable money. Of course, it was worth a little bit more back then, but
you get the idea.

I would also advise you to move to a larger town, if you are out in the boonies somewhere,
preferably one that is growing, not declining. Big towns have vastly more numerous job opportunities
for those who have a clean police record and a decent work history. Be competent and reliable, and
you should go far.

"Penny S." <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> Craig Brossman thoughtfully penned:
> > "James Messick" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> >>
> >> "Penny S." <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >> news:[email protected]...
> am-b

> >> Looks like a nice time from the video that's posted there. The finesse and ease with which
> >> JD(?) moves over that boulder makes me envious.
> >>

> > Where do I sign up?
>
> right here, just get yourself to the middle of Idaho mid July. ;-)

I can drive.

> Oh, and submit that statement of qualifications.

I ride a singlespeed.

JD

JD thoughtfully penned:

>> right here, just get yourself to the middle of Idaho mid July. ;-)
>
> I can drive.
>
>> Oh, and submit that statement of qualifications.
>
> I ride a singlespeed.
>
> JD

singlespeeds are banned this year.

penny

> I can drive.
>

> JD

I was going to ask you about that. I'm still working on the boss, I hope to get her approval. Right
now it is just about the money, that and I leave for Alaska 2 weeks later.

--
Craig Brossman, Durango Colorado (remove .nospam. if replying)

Craig Brossman thoughtfully penned:

>> I can drive.
>>

>> JD
>
> I was going to ask you about that. I'm still working on the boss, I hope to get her approval.
> Right now it is just about the money, that and I leave for Alaska 2 weeks later.

gas and food, what else is there? Oh yeah, Beer.

;-)

Penny

On Fri, 6 Jun 2003 15:44:36 -0700, "Penny S." <[email protected]> wrote:

>For those of you that have been living under a rock the last six months, final plans for AMB-ID are
>in the works. Most of you are probably in the loop already but if you aren't, too bad. But it's not
>too late, If you want to come, submit your application and statement of qualifications to am-b for
>review. Dates are July 11--13 in McCall Idaho.

Have fun.

:-]

"Penny S." <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...

> >> I can drive.
> >>

> >> JD
> >
> > I was going to ask you about that. I'm still working on the boss, I hope to get her approval.
> > Right now it is just about the money, that and I leave for Alaska 2 weeks later.
>
> gas and food, what else is there? Oh yeah, Beer.
>
> ;-)
>
> Penny

Hey All. Just got confirmation that we get the same run-down trailer house as last year. Sorry.

Paladin

Paladin thoughtfully penned:
> news:<[email protected]>...

>>> I was going to ask you about that. I'm still working on the boss, I hope to get her approval.
>>> Right now it is just about the money, that and I leave for Alaska 2 weeks later.
>>
>> gas and food, what else is there? Oh yeah, Beer.
>>
>> ;-)
>>
>> Penny
>
> Hey All. Just got confirmation that we get the same run-down trailer house as last year. Sorry.

Do you think you could convince them to at least move the dead washer and tow truck off the lawn?

Penny S. <[email protected]> spoke thusly...
> Paladin thoughtfully penned:
> > "Penny S." <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:<[email protected]>...

> >> gas and food, what else is there? Oh yeah, Beer.
> >>
> >> ;-)
> >>
> >> Penny
> >
> > Hey All. Just got confirmation that we get the same run-down trailer house as last year. Sorry.
>

> Do you think you could convince them to at least move the dead washer and tow truck off the lawn?

he he, sounds like a real gem of a house. ;-)
--
~Travis

"Penny S." <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> Paladin thoughtfully penned:
> > "Penny S." <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:<[email protected]>...

> >> gas and food, what else is there? Oh yeah, Beer.
> >>
> >> ;-)
> >>
> >> Penny
> >
> > Hey All. Just got confirmation that we get the same run-down trailer house as last year. Sorry.
>

> Do you think you could convince them to at least move the dead washer and tow truck off the lawn?

Yeah, it'll improve the view of both the dump and the auto salvage yard.

JD

Paladin <[email protected]> spoke thusly...
> [email protected] (JD) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> > "Penny S." <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:<[email protected]>...
> > > Paladin thoughtfully penned:

> > > Do you think you could convince them to at least move the dead washer and tow truck off the
> > > lawn?
> >
> > Yeah, it'll improve the view of both the dump and the auto salvage yard.
> >
> > JD
>
> Sorry, their one-eyed kid uses the washer for target practice.
>
> But nothing can improve the smell. The howling dogs and the bar-fights all night I can handle, but
> the stench coming off the treatment plant out the backdoor? Jimminy Christmas. At least it's a
> short walk to take a leak or a dump.
>
> Paladin

Man, this place is sounding better and better ;-)
--
~Travis

Technician thoughtfully penned:
>> But nothing can improve the smell. The howling dogs and the bar-fights all night I can handle,
>> but the stench coming off the treatment plant out the backdoor? Jimminy Christmas. At least it's
>> a short walk to take a leak or a dump.
>>
>> Paladin
>>

> Man, this place is sounding better and better ;-)

haven't even gotten us started on the interior... ;-)

Penny S. <[email protected]> spoke thusly...
> Technician thoughtfully penned:
> >> But nothing can improve the smell. The howling dogs and the bar-fights all night I can handle,
> >> but the stench coming off the treatment plant out the backdoor? Jimminy Christmas. At least
> >> it's a short walk to take a leak or a dump.
> >>
> >> Paladin
> >>

> > Man, this place is sounding better and better ;-)
>
> haven't even gotten us started on the interior... ;-)

LMAO, you guys better get some pictures of this place if it is real. we need a good laugh ;-)
--
~Travis

On Sun, 8 Jun 2003 14:26:43 -0700, "Penny S." <[email protected]> scribbled:

>Craig Brossman thoughtfully penned:
>> "JD" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
>>
>>> I can drive.
>>>

>>> JD
>>
>> I was going to ask you about that. I'm still working on the boss, I hope to get her approval.
>> Right now it is just about the money, that and I leave for Alaska 2 weeks later.
>
>gas and food, what else is there? Oh yeah, Beer.
>
>;-)
>
>Penny

Bear repellant is always a good idea, too. :) (in either pepper or .44 mag flavors)

-Slash
--
"Ebert Victorious"

- The Onion